And you thought that candles were a step too far!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bristol

Registered Shopper
Whilst Rocks and Co are selling hoarded gems which we are advised means that the price paid makes the gemstone free with the costs being for the metals and the labour...... Gemporia is selling coasters, napkin rings (didn't actually know that we still used napkin rings in 2017), bottle openers, bottle stoppers and iced gems (unfortunately not the tiny biscuit with the brightly coloured icing). Feels like the Genuine Gemstone Company sees itself as taking over from where the Innovations catalogue left off.
On Saturday evening I saw, in a rash of honesty, David Troth was presenting a collection of included gems under the heading of Imperfect (I'm perfect). Gives the punters less opportunity to complain of the included gemstones received not being represented by the on screen presentation perhaps? But I fear that the on screen pieces will still be the (randomly selected) best of the gems in the range. Curious that one in the range was an emerald, I have heard so many times how the jardins of the emerald gives each gem its unique character and personalities but apparently Dave has been able to still include the stone in his collection. Shame that at the same time Rocks were giving their emeralds away!!
Well its entertaining I suppose.

It has gone to the dogs. I tried to use their 40% discount off blue gems the other day, and the code would not work, so I emailed to complain (should have rung but could not be arsed). The next day as they had not replied I rang and complained again, but they would not honour the code. Well one lost sale, your loss Gems. Maybe you should think why business is not going too well.

I've never "got" the candles thing. Not really my scene. I like candles but prefer the standard, unscented ones. A bit old-fashioned I guess. I definitely don't subscribe to the chakra belief set but each to their own.

To be fair to Gems, for once, I thought it was a clever bit of retailing, well executed. Hands up - I bought a set of the Black Obsidian ice gems. Really will solve a gift problem for younger brother. Ok, so it might not be an original concept but these will do the trick. The bottle stoppers & coasters were neither here nor there for me. You're right, no-one I know uses serviettes these days except perhaps on high days & holidays (Christmas, for example). Even then, I haven't used a napkin rings in over 35 years.

The "Imperfect Collection" made me look twice as well. From memory, I don't think that the prices were reduced accordingly. I struggled to see the USP that would sell it to me. Your point about emeralds being a good one.

Incidentally, not really keen on the "Lions Paw" shell either. Far too heavily processed. You can get beautiful striated natural minerals such as Seraphinite.

I've never "got" the candles thing. Not really my scene. I like candles but prefer the standard, unscented ones. A bit old-fashioned I guess. I definitely don't subscribe to the chakra belief set but each to their own.

To be fair to Gems, for once, I thought it was a clever bit of retailing, well executed. Hands up - I bought a set of the Black Obsidian ice gems. Really will solve a gift problem for younger brother. Ok, so it might not be an original concept but these will do the trick. The bottle stoppers & coasters were neither here nor there for me. You're right, no-one I know uses serviettes these days except perhaps on high days & holidays (Christmas, for example). Even then, I haven't used a napkin rings in over 35 years.

The "Imperfect Collection" made me look twice as well. From memory, I don't think that the prices were reduced accordingly. I struggled to see the USP that would sell it to me. Your point about emeralds being a good one.

Incidentally, not really keen on the "Lions Paw" shell either. Far too heavily processed. You can get beautiful striated natural minerals such as Seraphinite.

My thought exactly re price.......and wouldn't imperfect stones be better suited to being sold through The Outlet?

Latest posts

Back