Links of London, Orla, Kipling and Lola Rose.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ohnonotshoppingagain

Registered Shopper
Sorry folks, but I hate all of the above, and to the last detail very very overpriced.

Anyone agree?

I personally like yellow gold only, so would never aspire to silver or other white metals, which so many seem to like, but not for me. Lola Rose although semi-precious, looks like play jewellery to me, and Kipling well, nuff said, fabric bags at leather prices a big no no.

Who buys this stuff!

Sorry folks, but I hate all of the above, and to the last detail very very overpriced.

Anyone agree?

I personally like yellow gold only, so would never aspire to silver or other white metals, which so many seem to like, but not for me. Lola Rose although semi-precious, looks like play jewellery to me, and Kipling well, nuff said, fabric bags at leather prices a big no no.

Who buys this stuff!

I like silver and gold, agree about Lola Rose and Kipling. The thing with Kipling is the straps I hate them don't ask me why. Talking of price happened to catch a bit if summer accessories. What I thought was a circular rug was a beach towel for £51.00!!!

Anyone agree?

Who buys this stuff!

I'm strictly yellow gold too, and I dislike silver a lot. Links Of London think because they put it in nice paper packaging it warrants the huge price tag, as for Orla Kiely plastic coated bags that cost in the hundreds I think is ridiculous, Kipling bags on QVC are the same as a nice quality leather bag, there's a pattern that's emerging though, and it's how expensive a place that QVC is to shop because you can buy these products for a fraction of QVCs price elsewhere. So basically when you buy a bag, or beauty or anything from QVC, you're actually paying for the "free phone" number and all the returns from people using the 30 day mbg, along with presenters/staff wages, air time, used goods that the staff take home with them, completions etc, all in the price.

I have liked Lola Rose & Kipling in the past but now rarely buy as the prices have shot up.I have never gone for Links Of London & have just switched on to the 6.pm show.Now this is really overpriced.The model is wearing a fine chain bracelet with the 'sweetie' rings & is holding her arm up so it sits in the top side of her arm.Now we all know as soon as she drops her arm the rings will lie on the under side of the wrist because of the weight of the rings.They make the pieces look a lot bigger than they are--plenty of returns I think.At least we are spared that grinning girl who says Links of London in every sentence!

I love jewellery full stop! Gold, silver, plastic, anything!

To me the overriding thing is the design and that can only be decided on each item individually. I particularly like hand made but love picking up bits on holiday etc.

Price has no bearing on whether or not I would like it (maybe a bearing if I was able to buy it!).

If you offered me a platinum 3 ct flawless diamond covered in claws I would refuse it as I hate claw setting with a passion.

I don't like OK as I did that in the 60/70's and not interested in that now. There is no doubt that LR is not the quality it once was.

Now I like big statement pieces so obviously gold is no longer possible.

Everyone should buy what they like and what suits you and your pocket.

Thanks ladies, I can agree with a lot of what you have all said, and it is a matter of choice, what we each like. There are just some things that for me, even if I liked them, would never be price justified.

Sorry to say that we are making millionaires out of the people who are making and designing some of these brands.

I think some of the Presenters are well off too haha. The only Presenter who has not changed the way she talks on air to people and us, and of course guests, if Jilly Halliday, she is the same now as she was all those years ago, when she told us she was getting engaged, then the wedding and now she has children - amazed at how time flies - or am I just getting older. Anyway, she's one of my favs.

Thanks ladies, I can agree with a lot of what you have all said, and it is a matter of choice, what we each like. There are just some things that for me, even if I liked them, would never be price justified.

Sorry to say that we are making millionaires out of the people who are making and designing some of these brands.

I think some of the Presenters are well off too haha. The only Presenter who has not changed the way she talks on air to people and us, and of course guests, if Jilly Halliday, she is the same now as she was all those years ago, when she told us she was getting engaged, then the wedding and now she has children - amazed at how time flies - or am I just getting older. Anyway, she's one of my favs.

Yes I like Jilly she is down to earth.

i never really liked silly halliday but compared to most of the other presenters she's a breath of fresh air

I love all coloured metals. like LATI, I go for the design. Some of the Links designs appeal to me, but I would only ever buy them on eBay. I very rarely buy costume jewellry as my skin isn't happy with anything less than silver.

LR and OK don't appeal to me. I like semi-precious stones, but chunky stuff doesn't suit me. I'd rather have the odd large polished stone to hold. OK reminds me of the era I grew up in and again, doesn't appeal.

Thank goodness we're all different :mysmilie_480:

Kipling... I'm late to the party with them. I've always bought good quality leather bags, but discovered Kipling after seeing an acquaintance's "collection" (HUGE!!). I use crutches and have been struggling to use leather shoulder bags as I can no longer keep them on my shoulder (had a bit of a fright the last time I was on my own in a shopping centre - bumped by a rude man and my bag fell off, spilling a few bits and bobs. I couldn't bend to pick them up without dropping my crutches and ended up in a bit of a mess, thankfully rescued by a lovely lady). No spare hands to carry a handbag either. I found Fossil bags and bought one of their designs, but find it heavy and a bit too small or large.

Rifling through my a's collection I felt like I'd hit gold! Light, fairly waterproof, LOADS of lovely pockets to hold my meds/pump/wallet/glasses and all my other junk AND a very LONG cross body strap. Perfect. Then I saw the prices on Q :mysmilie_505:

I now have a good look on Q then buy from eBay at a more realistic price. They're ideal bags for people who have problems like me, but tbh never appealed when I didn't have to carry so much stuff/had problems carrying it.

Orla Kiely has just capitalised on simple child like patterns that anyone could draw - you have to be a shrewd business woman to do that.

Lola Rose - innovative when first marketed, but unless you tell people you're wearing s/precious stones, then no-one knows - or cares.

Kipling - brilliant concept of organisation in a lightweight handbag in various colours, but lots of cheaper copycat versions available.

Links of London - adding 'London' to anything ups the price. Just try saying Links of Lowestoft / Leicester / Leamington Spa, get my drift ?

Its all expensive marketing at the end of the day, the products themselves no doubt cost a fraction to produce, but I still wouldn't buy them. Kipling yes, I buy from Vente-Privee in their sale and always for at least a quarter of the price.

i never really liked silly halliday but compared to most of the other presenters she's a breath of fresh air

No me neither, just because she comes across as nice and isn't make-up upped to the hilt, if you listen she still says all the same old crap about how she loves everything she presents. She just gets away with it because she's liked. I find nails down a blackboard a beautiful soft lullaby compared to her voice.

I have a few older pieces of Lola Rose but I don't like the new ones with metal beads in them and they are using a lot more dyed quartz nowadays which can easily be copied. Links of London is vastly overpriced in my opinion, nice designs but I'm not buying into the hype. I really like my half a dozen or so Kipling bags, so lightweight for work and holidays, I have had some of them for years but I'm certainly not a "collector". I don't collect anything any more, the idea of amassing several versions of the same thing doesn't appeal to me.

OK - as already said, her fabrics are very 1970's. My parents decorated our front room with wallpaper in a similar design and painted the ceiling orange, the shade picked out from the wallpaper pattern.

When I was first starting to work white gold was always more expensive than yellow. I always wanted white gold now I have more of it that yellow, I wear both but first love was white(only high end jewellers in my city sold it), like silver no problem with it.

Lola Rose I have a few bracelets the old style ones with out the cheap brass beads. I just know over time they will tarnish and discolour.

Kipling Boring! Well now the ranges sold on QVC. But then I really hate the pattern styles. Oh I hate with a passion detachable shoulder straps! I have a few from the City range with leather, in fact my brown April was my every day bag for a good 5+ years(the stitching started to go in the end with me putting bottles of wine and other heavy things in it over the years). I now using a different one from the City range. But now the brand is so over priced

Orla Kiely ugly ugly ugly. If you buy do enjoy. Just I really don't like.

Links Of London, I don't do charm bracelets. And way over priced for silver.

Jilly Halliday, same catch phase from day one, "Fill in item, is going really really fast." I remember when she was first expecting comment made to her about staying home and doing less hours. She was outraged and insisted she would be back full time. Over time and another child she did cut down on her work. But yes she is a toe the party line presenter, everything is wonderful. I think perhaps people don't tend to notice with her so much.

If you put these brands on a market stall and left out the packaging and labels but priced them the same as Q then many people would either just walk past them or declare the market stallholder to be a highway man/woman.

Donna made a comment about tarnish and discolour. I've had the same problem with a Bibi Bijoux leather necklace with pendant. Its kept in a standing mirror/jewellery cabinet (yep, bought it from Q years ago when they first appeared), which claimed to have tarnish free lining, but it clearly doesn't come up roses for Bibi Bijoux. The necklace wasn't cheap but the metal does get badly tarnished and has to be cleaned before each wear. Wont' be caught like that again.

OK - as already said, her fabrics are very 1970's. My parents decorated our front room with wallpaper in a similar design and painted the ceiling orange, the shade picked out from the wallpaper pattern.

My friend has just bought curtains and a reverse version wallpaper for his living room - I'm having flashbacks!

Ohhh ( screams like a girly girl ) I love Lola rose and Kipling lol ....have a few rose quartz bracelets and yes I know you can get cheaper versions of Kipling but I cannot bring myself to buy something that looks just not quite the real deal ...they are great ...I used to buy boring black ones from the local bag shop that closed down anyway and as soon as I saw kipling a few years ago I've not looked back ...they have lots of styles and different types of monkeys. Ow so that helps the variety aspect ..never boring to me ...I can't carry heavy bags that are heavy before they are filled ...back and should problems so these bags ideal for me ....Lola rose pretty ..I like dearer jewellery too but love a few bits of hers over the years

When I was first starting to work white gold was always more expensive than yellow. I always wanted white gold now I have more of it that yellow, I wear both but first love was white(only high end jewellers in my city sold it), like silver no problem with it.

Lola Rose I have a few bracelets the old style ones with out the cheap brass beads. I just know over time they will tarnish and discolour.

Kipling Boring! Well now the ranges sold on QVC. But then I really hate the pattern styles. Oh I hate with a passion detachable shoulder straps! I have a few from the City range with leather, in fact my brown April was my every day bag for a good 5+ years(the stitching started to go in the end with me putting bottles of wine and other heavy things in it over the years). I now using a different one from the City range. But now the brand is so over priced

Orla Kiely ugly ugly ugly. If you buy do enjoy. Just I really don't like.

Links Of London, I don't do charm bracelets. And way over priced for silver.

Jilly Halliday, same catch phase from day one, "Fill in item, is going really really fast." I remember when she was first expecting comment made to her about staying home and doing less hours. She was outraged and insisted she would be back full time. Over time and another child she did cut down on her work. But yes she is a toe the party line presenter, everything is wonderful. I think perhaps people don't tend to notice with her so much.

Ooh, I love the detachable strap. If I wear a crossbody under a jacket and stop for a sit or a cuppa or something, I can just unclip the bag, clip the strap clips together and have a good rummage rather than take the jacket off. Everything has to be easy for me these days. Elegance went out the door some time ago!

Latest posts

Back