Momentous occasion...for me

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tarketta

Registered Shopper
After always having had at least £200 worth of easy pays hanging over my head pretty much since I started shopping with Q (and close to £400 after the most recent beauty day pointless splurge, yikes) I've now got down to just over £20 (which will be paid off in 3 weeks) and don't plan on ever buying anything on easy pay ever again. As many have posted on here before, If I can't afford the full amount, I won't be buying it full stop.

Sorry to be so self-indulgent, but this really is a big day for me as I was quite the Q addict and I've finally got it under control :mysmilie_50:

Well done and just think of all the money you`ll save and what you can do with it.

Well done, this takes will power and you've done yourself a favour. Funnily enough, I said the same thing to myself this weekend, after checking my credit card statement and realising I've been paying about £50 a month. I'm not getting sucked into that again.

Well done, I well remember the trouble I got myself into in the early days of having Freeview and discovering QVC! Hardly buy anything from them these days, now I've seen the light.

Well done, this takes will power and you've done yourself a favour. Funnily enough, I said the same thing to myself this weekend, after checking my credit card statement and realising I've been paying about £50 a month. I'm not getting sucked into that again.

Well done Tarketta - I bet you feel a huge weight has been lifted.

It was getting ridiculous - every month I'd pay a big chunk off my credit card and every month there would be close to £300 coming out for Q easy pays/ADs/new orders. I stuck my head in the sand for months and years pretending it wasn't a problem and that all those bargains I snapped up were necessary or would be used up, but my beauty stash and unnecessarily generous presents to friends said otherwise. I've just cancelled a couple of ADs as well which would have only ended up in the stash. Time for change!

It was getting ridiculous - every month I'd pay a big chunk off my credit card and every month there would be close to £300 coming out for Q easy pays/ADs/new orders. I stuck my head in the sand for months and years pretending it wasn't a problem and that all those bargains I snapped up were necessary or would be used up, but my beauty stash and unnecessarily generous presents to friends said otherwise. I've just cancelled a couple of ADs as well which would have only ended up in the stash. Time for change!

For all the creams, lotions, potions and palettes which you may have bought from Q, the one thing which will make your face glow better than any cosmetic will be the relief of knowing your money is your own, that you are EP, AD and debt free and a huge weight has been lifted from your shoulders. Your smile will be brighter, your eyes will look happier and your worry lines will disappear and the best thing of all is this miraculous beauty treatment is FREE !

Congratulations Tarketta!

I don't have a credit card only debit so I know if no money then no buying. In the early days of my shopping with QVC they did not take my then debit card, so every thing had to be paid by cheque. This of course meant I could not use easy pay, I used to go 'that is not fair!', but really it was a blessing. Then I got a normal visa card and suddenly easy pay was not so attractive to me.:mysmilie_17: Oh yes, I have used it but usually only one at a time, I think I might of had two going once??? I mark on the wall calender when payment due and how much and when the last one is.

It is just so easy to get pulled(suckered) in to easy pay, that is only £13 or what ever a month but then another one and another.

qvc don't sell anything thats essential...what joy those hundreds of pounds will bring in your bank account: have a family holiday or getaway with friends or refurbish a room in your home far better than wasting it on qvc bit n bobs :mysmilie_3:

That's great, well done Tarketta, I remember when I closed my account and the relief and excitement when the following month all my money was mine, also the disappointment in my self when the realisation hit me that I didn't really need anything, it was just want and the amount of products I threw/give away, what a massive waste of money. Anyway, I'm pleased for you, enjoy your new found feeedom, believe me, it's a great feeling :mysmilie_14:

Honestly, I wouldn't have even thought of undertaking this task without the support of this forum. Spanking money has always been my downfall but I kept it to myself out of fear and shame, so being able to be so frank and open on this forum, as well as read other people's experiences/views has been incredibly invaluable so I thank you all from the bottom of my heart (and wallet!) :mysmilie_3:

And I thought that I was bad, I rarely get to the bottom of the jar nowadays and have loads of skincare and cosmetics on the go and in my stash. Have been meaning to sell some on eBay but not got round to it yet.
I thought I was over it too and then last year and this year they brought new brands in and I went mad on them but luckily returned what didn’t suit.
Well done Tarketta!

qvc don't sell anything thats essential...what joy those hundreds of pounds will bring in your bank account: have a family holiday or getaway with friends or refurbish a room in your home far better than wasting it on qvc bit n bobs :mysmilie_3:
Very true, I forgot to mention that it adds to the clatter and irritates me seeing the boxes I keep my stash in.

Bravo Tarketta!

I need to take a leaf out of your book and banish the easy pays and auto deliveries. I still have one or two lurking around.... I have so much stuff and currently I'm working through it all and working out the best way to thin out the total oversupply of all sorts of bits and bobs.

I've had a few cases where the courier has returned things to QVC without attempting delivery, and rather than chase them down, I've just let it happen. I get a full refund, I don't get a return against my name, and I don't have more stuff to deal with at home - result!

I got partway through adding up all I've spent over the years I've shopped with QVC and thinking back I can see I could have had all sorts of nice holidays and done some home improvements that I found I couldn't afford to do.

I'm looking forward to getting where you are, and a number of others as well, where I am free from any compulsion to fill my life with "stuff" I don't really need and which gives me storage and financial anxiety.

Well done, it's very hard!

I eased off with my QVC spending, not so much on the basis of how much stuff I had in my stash, but, once, out of curiosity, I added up how much I had spent on their P&P and returns P&P. I was genuinely horrified at what was a complete waste of money, all that layout for essentially nothing, sometimes spending £12 on P&P just to look at something and then send it back. It's madness. I'm not quite over the addiction, but I'm getting there slowly. My order rate has dropped a lot over the last year and I buy most of what I need elsewhere because it's cheaper and think long and hard before ordering now. I won't even touch fashion or wearables anymore.

Bravo Tarketta!

I need to take a leaf out of your book and banish the easy pays and auto deliveries. I still have one or two lurking around.... I have so much stuff and currently I'm working through it all and working out the best way to thin out the total oversupply of all sorts of bits and bobs.

I've had a few cases where the courier has returned things to QVC without attempting delivery, and rather than chase them down, I've just let it happen. I get a full refund, I don't get a return against my name, and I don't have more stuff to deal with at home - result!

I got partway through adding up all I've spent over the years I've shopped with QVC and thinking back I can see I could have had all sorts of nice holidays and done some home improvements that I found I couldn't afford to do.

I'm looking forward to getting where you are, and a number of others as well, where I am free from any compulsion to fill my life with "stuff" I don't really need and which gives me storage and financial anxiety.

May, believe you me this is early days for me right now - Q was the worst of my current spending habits and the worst is most definitely behind me.

I still spend far too much money every month, mainly on bits n bobs for the flat so at least I can see the fruits of my hard work, vs being stuffed away at the back of a cupboard. However, that is coming to an end as well as I have got to the point where I have everything I need and anything more will end up being stored away in a cupboard and I have to nip that urge in the bud, simple as that.

My goal now will be paying off my £5k credit card debt (seeing that on the page is extremely painful) and finally kicking myself of the habit of buying stuff I don't need, I just want. I'm close but there's still a lot of work that needs to be done!

Well done, it's very hard!

I eased off with my QVC spending, not so much on the basis of how much stuff I had in my stash, but, once, out of curiosity, I added up how much I had spent on their P&P and returns P&P. I was genuinely horrified at what was a complete waste of money, all that layout for essentially nothing, sometimes spending £12 on P&P just to look at something and then send it back. It's madness. I'm not quite over the addiction, but I'm getting there slowly. My order rate has dropped a lot over the last year and I buy most of what I need elsewhere because it's cheaper and think long and hard before ordering now. I won't even touch fashion or wearables anymore.

Moth, you're a brave soul doing that as I think I'd have some kind of meltdown if I went anywhere near calculating how much money I've wasted on Q, even just the P&P would be horrifying enough! Sounds like your efforts have really paid off though, very impressed :mysmilie_59:

We're here for you Tarketta. :mysmilie_14: Just imagine the thrill of seeing that debt go down, it'll be a lot more exciting than a face cream or make-up. When I used to shop I found it was the act of ordering that gave me the excitement, the thrill rather than the product it's self, and by the time it arrived the novelty had worn off. I have to thank QVC, for the rip offs, the over charging, the slow delivery, the eye watering p&p and finally, sending me out lots and lots of used goods and expecting me to pay full price for second hand goods, the #%^*%*<>s.

Latest posts

Back