Percy & Reed guest - tattooed guest's hands

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
What do people think about tattooed hands on screen? I think it looks common and quite out of place on a TV shopping channel. The Percy & Reed guest looked he'd just got out of Wormwood Scrubs! Yes he may be a nice guy, but it's not a good look for a shopping channel. Or is it? What do you think?

Personally I don't like tattoos of any description and particularly hate those sleeves (think that's what younguns call them). Worst of all is sleeves on females.

However a lovely young lady I know thinks they are fab (she doesn't have then) so obviously I am an old foggy.

It might look trendy when you are 20 but not so good when you are 45 plus, wearing comfortable clothes, your roots need done (and not in a good way) etc etc.

Beckham has a lot to answer for.

Its a fact that we are the most tattooed country in Europe, if not the world. There is hardly a bloke under 40 now that doesn't have a tattoo somewhere, and as its summer, most seem to have them on their legs. (oh, very manly !)

Nope, tattoos are tasteless no matter how they are described. And who are they for anyway ? mostly those that have them cant even see them ! so are they for the rest of us who want to go and have a look ? I worked with an old sea dog back in the 70's, his navy tattoos were fading and had become just a blue blur, but he always kept them covered up when in meetings and formal occasions.

Is there anything less chic or classy than seeing a pretty girl in evening dress (or worse, wedding dress), with a load of inkwork embellishment on the upper arms, chest or back ?

On another tack, I remember a time when tattooists were extremely clever artists, who drew their images free hand; but now I understand that the designs are all transfers that are just filled in by the practitioners.

Not a fan of tattoos at all. Round where I live you see girls with 'sayings' written across their upper chest or down their arms. I just don't get it at all. Cheryl Cole's flower tattoo on her derriere is beyond hideous.

I don't understand either why he wears a woolly hat all the time either.

When I was on holiday I saw a young woman with 2 very large tattoos on her front thighs (can't think of the proper word!)of .......... Mickey Mouse's head on one and Minnie's on the other, each was the size of a small plate (she was quite a chunky lass) .

I just hope they were temporary transfers and not actual tattoos.

When I was on holiday I saw a young woman with 2 very large tattoos on her front thighs (can't think of the proper word!)of .......... Mickey Mouse's head on one and Minnie's on the other, each was the size of a small plate (she was quite a chunky lass) .

I just hope they were temporary transfers and not actual tattoos.

I've seen some like that too. Unfortunately, I reckon they were permanent. I just don't get it at all.

I too am from the older generation and I really hate Tattoos.Why anyone thinks its a great idea to mark themselves for ever like that is beyond me.I think of Cheryl Cole (or whatever her name is these days) at my age (70) with her rear covered in those,were they roses?--what can I say!

I too am from the older generation and I really hate Tattoos.Why anyone thinks its a great idea to mark themselves for ever like that is beyond me.I think of Cheryl Cole (or whatever her name is these days) at my age (70) with her rear covered in those,were they roses?--what can I say!

You do wonder what possessed her to do that to herself. She is very pretty, but all I think of when I see her is that terrible rose tattoo.

I hate them My dad and brother in law were both in the Navy and they had them. In fact my brother in law had his removed before they had lasering. It was a right mess but he had the name of his previous wife tattooed on his arm and it wasn't appropriate to keep it. My niece has loads and I think they look horrible.

I'm so glad my daughter hasn't succumbed to them.

I don't hate tattoos. Some teeny ones with meaning in fairly discreet places can be quite pretty. I'm in agreement with everyone so far with the sleeves and big blue blobs on legs (that's what they look like to me - but that could be because I rarely wear my glasses).

My aunt had a dolphin on the top of her boob years ago. She showed us it a while back and it looked like it's done a nose dive to where her nipple used to be! She's since had a boob lift and the dolphin has disappeared to be replaced by a nipple again. Big improvement I have to say.

My youngest son`s last serious girlfriend was a tattoo artist and had her own studio. She also did body modifications ie piercing people in weird and not so wonderful ways. I remember the first time I met her, quite a shock actually but she was a nice enough lass underneath all her tattoos and piercings. She said when the shop was quiet and she was bored she just tattoo herself for something to do. The relationship with my son ended after a year or so and by now she`s probably giving David Beckham a run for his money.

Personally I wouldn't have one. They are all the rage but they aren't like a primani fashion fix, they are permanent. Painful to get and even more painful to remove. And what about expressing the person you are evolving to be rather than a living memorial to who you were?

I do recognise that others don't share my aversion and concerns, and they make their own choices and some have beautiful artistry for personal and special reasons.

After a while, like other distractions, you stop seeing them and see the person for their qualities.

I have to say I'm in agreement with people so far. I don't think tattoos are in the least bit classy. Who has ever seen a tattoo and said: "That's classy!?" But maybe that's the whole point of them - to look at bit edgy / butch / trashy. I will admit to being quite shocked at seeing that guest's hands. He had rings tattooed, words, the Ace of Spades and various other motifs. I really don't like tattoos and don't want or expect to see them on QVC; it's just not a place to see people's tribal leanings. Tattoos are particularly frowned upon in the aviation and banking world. Tattoos are horrid, common and nasty.

I don't hate tattoos. Some teeny ones with meaning in fairly discreet places can be quite pretty. I'm in agreement with everyone so far with the sleeves and big blue blobs on legs (that's what they look like to me - but that could be because I rarely wear my glasses).

My aunt had a dolphin on the top of her boob years ago. She showed us it a while back and it looked like it's done a nose dive to where her nipple used to be! She's since had a boob lift and the dolphin has disappeared to be replaced by a nipple again. Big improvement I have to say.

That reminds me of the joke were two men get talking about tattoos at the bar, Bob says "I've got a tattoo on me todger you know" Bill says "go way, so have I" Bob says it's a train station in Wales" Bill says with surprise "so is mine! What does yours say?" Bob proudly says "llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoc" then says to Bill "what does yours say?" Bill quietly says........... "Rhyl" :mysmilie_17:

Visible tattoos, ones you can't easily cover, can be a big mistake. I'm sure when Percy & Reed were first on QVC Adam's hands were not so adorned. Now that was either makeup on his hands to conceal the ink, or they are a recent arrival. May be that QVC have had to give way on tattoos as even some of the models have them.

Vienna......... My youngest son`s last serious girlfriend was a tattoo artist and had her own studio.

Referring to my previous post, I would love to know whether she was a bone fide artist who actually drew her own designs, or just a transfer and colour-in practitioner. Years ago it was quite an art in creating tattoos and the artists were incredibly talented, but I understand its like a kids colouring book now, just stamp on the image and fill it in. A case of everyone jumping on the bandwagon because of the demand. Interestingly a lot of young people who succumb to body art, are benefit claimants (!) - would have thought there was better things to spend their 'social' on !

Vienna......... My youngest son`s last serious girlfriend was a tattoo artist and had her own studio.

Referring to my previous post, I would love to know whether she was a bone fide artist who actually drew her own designs, or just a transfer and colour-in practitioner. Years ago it was quite an art in creating tattoos and the artists were incredibly talented, but I understand its like a kids colouring book now, just stamp on the image and fill it in. A case of everyone jumping on the bandwagon because of the demand. Interestingly a lot of young people who succumb to body art, are benefit claimants (!) - would have thought there was better things to spend their 'social' on !

I`ve no idea whether she drew them herself or not Brissles. I wouldn`t know a hand drawn one from a stencil one to be honest. All I know is she was covered in them though thankfully none on her face or neck. My hubby`s nephew also has a tattoo place but he pays someone to do them and he concentrates on the body piercing side of things. It certainly seems to be big business these days and the World and its wife spend money on them.
I`ve never liked them, not even on men and have seen some awful ones especially on holiday when people are wearing bikinis or swimming shorts. As I said before,my son`s ex girlfriend was a nice enough lass but all her tattoos in my opinion spoiled what could have been a pretty young woman but to each their own thing.

Latest posts

Back