Christmas in July: Sale? Really? - Page 2
Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up









    Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Results 11 to 17 of 17
    1. #11
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      270
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default


      ADVERTISING


      I think they have been reading on here and taking notice. Sarah Bennett is on at 5 today launching her new collection!!

    2. #12
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Posts
      806
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      ADVERTISING
      Quote Originally Posted by Mommabear View Post
      Ah yes, Jake, that's him. I prefer him as he doesn't interrupt the presenter, like David does.
      Yes he does like the sound of his own voice.

    3. #13
      Join Date
      May 2017
      Posts
      83
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      So we have more sale days but a "flash" sale. Mmmm. Some utter tosh by Vicki Carr last night about having a four hour show in clearance because of Bank Holiday Monday. Oh but wait, there's more - everything on Split Pay!

      Yet it continues today...

      2.02g AVERAGE gold ring and oh my, SO heavily included tourmaline for a reduced bargain price of 129.

      Switch over to R&C and they're selling stunning designs with G colour SI diamonds at quite reasonable prices.
      Likes historymystery liked this post
       

    4. #14
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      3,131
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Cheers, AndyW. I switched over to Rocks & Co. yesterday and agree - the jewellery (especially the diamonds - I saw what they said were SI clarity G colour grade diamonds) - for pretty reasonable prices, assuming the reality matches the chat when you get them home. I didn't watch Rocks for a long time, because I thought their prices were ridiculous and the presenters (such as screeching Vicki, Sally Jax's sister by another mother) were dreadful, but I have to say Kieron was presenting and he was quite calm, so perhaps Rocks have changed their MO. The show was pacey too, no long drawn out superlatives and over-acting, just selling jewellery, although it's true there wasn't much detail about the source or history of the stones for anyone who is a beginner to gem-collecting.
      Vicki Carr of Gems is irritating - I like to hear different accents but her deliberately prolonged pronunciation of 'gold' as 'goooulllllld' really gets on my wick, it's so false. Totally agree that the prices in the so-called 'sale' last night were off the wall when I was watching - and if the metal gets any thinner the item will disintegrate in the post!

      Quote Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
      So we have more sale days but a "flash" sale. Mmmm. Some utter tosh by Vicki Carr last night about having a four hour show in clearance because of Bank Holiday Monday. Oh but wait, there's more - everything on Split Pay!

      it continues today...

      2.02g AVERAGE gold ring and oh my, SO heavily included tourmaline for a reduced bargain price of 129.

      Switch over to R&C and they're selling stunning designs with G colour SI diamonds at quite reasonable prices.
      Last edited by historymystery; 30-08-2017 at 01:20 PM.

    5. #15
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      270
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Is Vicki Carr standing in for Kate whilst she is away til the end of September. I do hope not she drives me nuts
      Likes historymystery liked this post
       

    6. #16
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      3,131
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Judging by what was said last night, I think it's going to be either Vicki or Adina. So we are spoilt for choice (not). What with Vicki who never stops talking and exaggerating her accent on certain words and Adina who never finishes a word, let alone a sentence, stumbles over her words, constantly corrects herself and waves her hands around as though she's a racecourse bookie giving the odds, there's not much choice. Vicki mentioned last night that she loves her job so much that she never minds doing extra hours. Sorry, Vicki, the feeling 'ain't mutual.

      Quote Originally Posted by puffin48 View Post
      Is Vicki Carr standing in for Kate whilst she is away til the end of September. I do hope not she drives me nuts
      Last edited by historymystery; 30-08-2017 at 07:05 PM.

    7. #17
      Join Date
      Dec 2013
      Posts
      270
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default


      ADVERTISING


      Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
      Judging by what was said last night, I think it's going to be either Vicki or Adina. So we are spoilt for choice (not). What with Vicki who never stops talking and exaggerating her accent on certain words and Adina who never finishes a word, let alone a sentence, stumbles over her words, constantly corrects herself and waves her hands around as though she's a racecourse bookie giving the odds, there's not much choice. Vicki mentioned last night that she loves her job so much that she never minds doing extra hours. Sorry, Vicki, the feeling 'ain't mutual.
      Spot on. Well I shant be watching either of them. I was hoping they would get Heather Wish in. I quite like her as she's not hard sell. I used to like Hattie but she's falling into the same mode as the others. Still like Jim because hes like an excited schoolboy.

    Advertising

    Advertising

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •