Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

IDEAL WORLD BRINGS YOU WATCH WEEK

Join us for a week dedicated to gorgeous timepieces where you can save up to 40% from 9pm on Sunday 12th November.

Join Ideal World this week, where we will be sharing some of our most popular brands at unbelievable prices. From our old favourites Vostok Europe to newer brands such as Karen Millen and Timberland, there is sure to be something to suit everyone.

Ideal World will be hosting a variety of shows throughout the week, offering limited editions, gifts with purchases and even UK and World exclusives.....

READ MORE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Post Thanks / Like

I do occasionally order from IW, but only ever order via their website. I refuse to pay their phone charges. I did have a problem with an order a couple of months ago and so contacted them via their customer services email. They responded within a couple of hours and, thankfully, the issue was quickly sorted out with a positive outcome. I could be in the minority for saying that I've not got a problem with them ...... so far anyway.
      Thanks shopperholic thanked for this post

2. # ADS
      Advertisment Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for the explanation shopperholic. I avoid phoning IW and C&C at all costs due to the difficulty in getting a straight answer but whenever I have had a problem with C&C an email has sorted it out. I order a fair few things from C&C as a club member and get good discounts on crafty things and I think club members get a lot more from being a member than the club members on Hochanda. I tend to avoid IW due to their presenters - difficult to work out why they have the duff ones and C&C do OK.
      Flying Pigs

4.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Pigs View Post
      Thank you for the explanation shopperholic. I avoid phoning IW and C&C at all costs due to the difficulty in getting a straight answer but whenever I have had a problem with C&C an email has sorted it out. I order a fair few things from C&C as a club member and get good discounts on crafty things and I think club members get a lot more from being a member than the club members on Hochanda. I tend to avoid IW due to their presenters - difficult to work out why they have the duff ones and C&C do OK.
      I think I'm gonna avoid all shopping channels from now on, this isn't to say I'll stop watching them, as for some reason I find them entertaining. I've bought so much stuff over the years and I'd have to say that a lot of it has been disappointing, and on some occassions I've kept stuff I've not been happy with because of the charges, and admittedly just couldn't be ar$ed! Half of the stuff I've bought from the channels I dare say I wouldn't have purchased had I seen them in a shop, kitchen stuff especially, but you see all the demos, think of all the possibilities and get sucked right in! ...and as for clothing, the last pile of acrylic shite I bought from IW just reinforced my changing views about tv shopping. Clothes need to be examined in person and tried on really! Having said that I do have a mail order catalogue, returns are free and really simple, as is delivery...So I'm gonna try my best and stick to them and the high street (that needs all the support it can get!). I remember buying a vacuum cleaner from Robert Dyas a few years ago and it was faulty, so I took it back, deciding that I'd go for a refund instead of a replacement as it was far too noisy anyway...No problem, had this been IW, ok I know they're better now they've teamed up with Asda, (no good to me cause I don't drive) but it would have meant emails, phonecalls, waiting in for someone to collect it, waiting in for the replacement to arrive, having to wait for a refund, possibly having to chase it up - Nah!
      Likes Turandot liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I agree Merryone, I watch a bit for a laugh but I prefer to see goods before I buy. If it is an expensive item I am a coward and buy from places like John Lewis who I trust if there are problems. Even buying clothes, I will spot something I like, similar to other items I have, in my size but I try it on and it looks awful, or when I touch the fabric I don't like it. That is why I wouldn't buy off a shopping channel cos I probably couldn't be bothered to return it if I didn't like it. If it is a household item I like Robert Dyas, or Wilko for cheap and cheerful bits, like 30p for a wooden spoon last Saturday!
      Thanks merryone thanked for this post
      Likes Mommabear liked this post