MarlaWynne Fashion TSV 21/08/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Do we have any news on what it might be?

I'm not sure what the exact item will be, but I read on MW's Facebook page that she was introducing her 'Wynne Layers' collection and that the TSV would be from that.

I LOVE Marlawynne and the S/S 'layers' collection was lovely, but checked out the A/W items launched on HSN yesterday and was disappointingly underwhelmed :/

My late husband had an elderly Aunt who never married, worked as a vet in an era when women rarely did such jobs, she rode a motorbike, never wore dresses or skirts and always wore waistcoats, she even came to our wedding in 1973 wearing tweed trousers, brogue shoes, a shirt style blouse and a waistcoat plus a tweed hat with a feather in it.
I cannot ever look at a waistcoat without giving it the "Helen" once over (that was her name) and all I can say is waistcoats these days are sadly lacking and look more like after thoughts or something which has just been run up from leftover bits of fabric. Sorry for digressing.
I only ever once ventured into waistcoats and it was a tan suede one, same style as a man would wear under a suit and I wore it back in the 70`s with flared jeans and over a cheesecloth blouse. Sighhhhh they just don`t make waistcoats like they used to ...

My late husband had an elderly Aunt who never married, worked as a vet in an era when women rarely did such jobs, she rode a motorbike, never wore dresses or skirts and always wore waistcoats, she even came to our wedding in 1973 wearing tweed trousers, brogue shoes, a shirt style blouse and a waistcoat plus a tweed hat with a feather in it.
I cannot ever look at a waistcoat without giving it the "Helen" once over (that was her name) and all I can say is waistcoats these days are sadly lacking and look more like after thoughts or something which has just been run up from leftover bits of fabric. Sorry for digressing.
I only ever once ventured into waistcoats and it was a tan suede one, same style as a man would wear under a suit and I wore it back in the 70`s with flared jeans and over a cheesecloth blouse. Sighhhhh they just don`t make waistcoats like they used to ...

I remember waistcoats like that, plus the ones with fringes on.

Vienna - I too had 2 suede waistcoats in the 70's one dark green and one tan and wore them in exactly the same way. Lord knows what we would think of that look now but could it be any worse than thevTSV?

Vienna - I too had 2 suede waistcoats in the 70's one dark green and one tan and wore them in exactly the same way. Lord knows what we would think of that look now but could it be any worse than thevTSV?

The difference is they were well made and stylish. I still have a tan suede waistcoat from those days .I haven't worn it in years .Todays ones are too loose and unstructured and look messy in comparison. But that's the look I suppose.

WynneLayers Baby Boucle Light Weight Knit Convertible Waistcoat
Item Number: 165830
QVC Price £70.00
Todays Special Value Price £49.98
P&P £3.95

This sleeveless waistcoat is part of MarlaWynne's new layering collection and comes in a gorgeous, lightweight boucle fabric. The beauty in this versatile WynneLayers piece is that it can be worn two ways; one creates a classic, longline look and the other, a dramatic cropped back effect with a waterfall front.

Layer it your way - the pieces in MarlaWynne's brand new layering collection are designed to be versatile and easy to style, as well as perfect for layering with other items in your wardrobe. Why not try a polo neck or tunic top under this waistcoat when the weather's chilly? When it comes to the warmer months, it looks just as stylish worn over a pretty floral dress or with cropped trousers and sandals. Style it however you wish with pieces you currently have, to give every outfit a new lease of life.

Pick a colour - with five stylish colours to choose from, there's something here to suit every taste and colour palette. Opt for Black, Light Grey or Off White if you like to keep your wardrobe crisp, fresh and monochrome, whilst the Mahogany Rose or Prairie Sand offerings are great for adding more colourful shades to your outfits.

Shawl collar
75% acrylic, 25% nylon
Hand wash cold

Garment measurements:

Chest: S: 149.9cm (59"), M: 154.9cm (61"), L: 162.6cm (64"), XL: 170.2cm (67"), 2XL: 176.5cm (69.5"), 3XL: 186.7cm (73.5")
Length worn straight: S: 94.9cm (37.4"), M: 96.5cm (38"), L: 98.1cm (38.6"), XL: 99.7cm (39.3"), 2XL: 99.7cm (39.3"), 3XL: 101.3cm (39.9")
Length worn upside down (all sizes): 50.8cm (20")

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.165830

Oh my gosh who the heck is buying this stuff, all this flipping layering it will cost you a small fortune to get some sort of coverage.
Not to mention £4 each item for the postage more flipping money than sense.

Marla Wynne goes for the layering look.How very lucrative for her.
£50 for a bit of floaty material pretending to be a waistcoat.

Has anyone thought how 'hot' all this layering would be ? Layered chiffon tops ? is she insane ? might look ok in theory but sweaty sweaty sweaty !!! why not add some chiffon to the bottom edge of a top (?) , like that other barmy design range Logo.

As for the multi purpose waistcoat, words fail me. Aside from anything else, being such a see-through knit, I bet it creases like hell when sat in a car, or in an armchair for too long. Very messy.

For goodness sake this tatty rag is acrylic and nylon, handwash in cold water and looks so badly made I doubt it would survive much wear. Surely people aren`t blind and can see just how Q are ripping them off ? It beggars belief that it`s actually selling and IMO the buyers need sacking.

Latest posts

Back