Christmas at the Q - yay or nay!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Glittergirl

Registered Shopper
Switched on the Q the other day & immediately had to turn over due to the fact they were selling C stuff!

I'm a fairly organised person but find this a big no no!

Did anyone get a Bargain? :mysmilie_1::mysmilie_46

I have to laugh at the way all the presenters are 'E X C I T E D' , dear Lord it doesn't take much to please them.

Didn't bother to look. When October comes we will get overkill on QVC so why would we want to watch in July. I know their argument is it helps to spread the cost but I don't buy that. I'm sure there will be some viewers who love Christmas so much they would watch every month, but I don't come into that category. Its a big hype for one day.

Well now they are selling Brabantia what's the bet they'll be suggesting buying someone a bin to open on Christmas morn!?

I caught the odd few minutes now and again but quickly turned off when Charlie was stuffing his face with biscuits, and then watched the Star Wars scents which reminded me of the Laurelle scents they sold on Bid. Had a to laugh at Miceal wafting it around and saying he could smell the top, middle and bottom notes. It might be nice scent but I can honestly say I cannot see anyone over 12 yr wearing it.

I'm sure Christmas in July used to have lots of decorations, trees, lights and Mr Christmas with all his musical stuff. Yesterday was rubbish.

I guess you all missed out if you didn't take part in the big online competition? I was amazed! They had four items on Facebook - Skechers shoes, a pair of jeans, some nasty looking necklace, and something in glass, which may have been a lamp or candle holder? - the idea being that you "liked", "loved" etc. which ever of the items was your favourite and, at the end, they would tally up all the votes and put that item..... on easy pay! Oh yes, you heard that right, customers were voting for which item QVC would deign to let us buy on easy pay. Wow! When I said I was amazed, I truly was, but for all the wrong reasons. What kind of a competition is that? Sounds exactly like the sort of thing that only QVC could come up with. Yet again, absolutely nothing to interest the customer there, just another way to try and sell what were probably other customers' returns. It ended at 9 this morning. Bet those of you who don't use FB wish you were on there now, don't you? :p

I guess you all missed out if you didn't take part in the big online competition? I was amazed! They had four items on Facebook - Skechers shoes, a pair of jeans, some nasty looking necklace, and something in glass, which may have been a lamp or candle holder? - the idea being that you "liked", "loved" etc. which ever of the items was your favourite and, at the end, they would tally up all the votes and put that item..... on easy pay! Oh yes, you heard that right, customers were voting for which item QVC would deign to let us buy on easy pay. Wow! When I said I was amazed, I truly was, but for all the wrong reasons. What kind of a competition is that? Sounds exactly like the sort of thing that only QVC could come up with. Yet again, absolutely nothing to interest the customer there, just another way to try and sell what were probably other customers' returns. It ended at 9 this morning. Bet those of you who don't use FB wish you were on there now, don't you? :p

So well put, Moth, Q's FB fans don't seem to quite get the idiocy of these competitions where people win...the right to spend their money?!?!?!

Watched for a few minutes.Andi Peters was on .Switched over.
I'm really not a huge Christmas lover at the best of times.Usually keep it fairly low key and close family.

I love Christmas, but more the emotions and feelings that I associate with that time of year, NOT a pile of overpriced presents under the tree, as Q would like us all to have. I'll dip in for stuff I want to get for pressies (and can't get cheaper elsewhere) but definitely won't be watching any of their faux Xmas/'let's get rid of the tat nobody has wanted in previous years' programming, it's verging on sordid.

I avoid like the plague. Now I do shop in the sales for Xmas presents for the next year, but online.

Have no interest in the balls or lights etc. The idea of Xmas in July makes me shudder. Makes me want to google how to dispose of a body.:mysmilie_50: I get the Xmas feeling for a few days coming up to the day, it passes. I do not get it in the middle of summer.

I avoid like the plague. Now I do shop in the sales for Xmas presents for the next year, but online.

Have no interest in the balls or lights etc. The idea of Xmas in July makes me shudder. Makes me want to google how to dispose of a body.:mysmilie_50: I get the Xmas feeling for a few days coming up to the day, it passes. I do not get it in the middle of summer.

:grin:

I've been thinking of killing one particular presenter (not saying which). Can you send me a link if you find any useful tips? Or maybe you could help me with the disposal?

:handshake:

As usual I dipped in and out yesterday, what got me though was that other than Anna Griffin there were no 'over-excitable' Americans 'flogging their wares' Jill Gauntlet seem to have taken the 'gauntlet' (sorry couldn't resist), of selling the 'flashpad' and 'turbo twisters' (though both didn't seem to have the 'oomph' of previous airings so I am wondering whether that will (well one can hope) be the last time to air. Also I know that there have been food shows before, but it always strikes me as to the amount of 'freebies' that seem to be around on set and 'samples' sent to people's homes, I mean I know that this the 'done thing' and even more so in 'selly telly' land, but for them to go on about it Andi Peters particular, it kinda leave a bad taste in ones mouth. May be it is just me being a tad cynical. I imagine though that when there is 'food days' on QVC that no staff member (front or behind the camera) goes home 'empty-handed'!

If they can get people signing up for 3 or 4 EP`s on stuff shown yesterday then that takes the customers EP`s up October or November and then they`ll sucker in the same people to get stuff on EP again in the lead up to Christmas which means quite a number of months for Q having regular income and the poor customers having regular outgoings for at least 6 or 8 months in total. If all that makes sense.

Most definitely a "nay"......by the sounds of it, it was a complete and total failure, despite the bit I seen of Craig Rowe that looked like he'd smoked some wacky backy before he went on air, more excitable than usual, if that at all possible.

Latest posts

Back