Sony 30x Optical Zoom Camera TSV 04/08/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sony WX500 Digital Compact Camera with 30x Optical Zoom & Case
Item Number: 511900
QVC Price £315.00
Todays Special Value Price £249.96
P&P £6.95

The powerful Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX500 is an ultra-compact camera featuring the newly-developed far-reaching performance of a Zeiss 30x optical zoom lens, plus five-axis optical image stabilisation to keep your images blur free, built-in Wi-Fi/NFC connectivity so you can easily share your shots and movies, and an 8.2MP BSI CMOS sensor combined with Sony's BIONZ X processor to produce fantastic-quality image and video. With a host of intuitive features, create high-quality images and film all in the lightweight design of the Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX500.

High-quality images - the 30x zoom Zeiss quality 24-720mm (35mm equiv.) lens renders portrait, close-up, and landscape images in natural glory from every perspective, with vivid sharpness and contrast intact. It also features multi-layer anti-reflective coating that effectively eliminates surface ghosting and flare. Plus the high-resolution LCD on the camera back can be tilted up to 180 degrees, meaning that when you're in front of the camera you can easily view the LCD to check the framing before you shoot, making selfies and group shots a breeze!

Easily share experiences - the fast, built-in NFC (Near Field Communication) connection simplifies sharing, allowing you to quickly connect via Wi-Fi to Android mobile devices to send images or videos directly from your camera to the smartphones and tablets of friends and family members.

Shoot for longer - when fully charged, the lithium-ion battery provides enough power to shoot up to 400 stills or record up to 75 minutes of movie footage, meaning you won't miss out on a great photo opportunity.

Flexible HD movie formats - the new XAVC S 3 format captures movies detailing extra-smooth action and high-quality sound, and whether you’re shooting in XAVC S or high-definition AVCHD format, you can also simultaneously record another version of the same scene in a compressed, web-friendly MP4 format for convenient sharing.

Blurring be gone - Intelligent Active Mode features Sony's advanced frame-analysis technology and 5-axis 4 image stabilisation, reducing the blurriness that tends to occur in images or movies when shooting handheld or while chasing a subject in action. Plus the included Sony jacket case is slightly protruding for a firmer grip and stable handling while shooting.

Get creative - PlayMemories Camera Apps offers a growing range of easy-to-download applications, designed to give you customised functionality - including controlling the camera remotely - while Beauty Effect offers five in-camera retouching modes, to really perfect your shots.

More features:

Exmor R CMOS sensor with 18.2 effective megapixels employs back-illuminated design to let four times more light in than a more conventional sensor
Programmed AE (P)/Aperture priority (A)/Shutter-speed priority (S)/Manual (M) exposure modes to manually control and adjust exposure
The BIONZ X image processor integrates detail reproduction, diffraction-reducing and area-specific noise-reduction technologies, making it possible to reproduce realistic images of truer colours and textures with exceptional precision in real time
A spatial object detection algorithm realises a more optimal and accurate lens drive for capturing more fleeting moments with ease
Assign frequently used functions (Focus mode, White Balance, Picture Effect, etc.) to customisable buttons and keys for easier, quicker access to such functions while shooting

What’s in the box?

Sony WX500 Compact Camera
Sony case
Charger and cable
Shoulder strap

Added value:

Sony jacket case

Technical Specifications:

Screen: 18.2 megapixels; 3'' (4:3)/921,600 dots/Xtra Fine/TFT LCD
Sensor: 1/2.3 type (7.82mm) Exmor R CMOS sensor
Battery life: 400 images/75 minutes of film
Connectivity: Wi-Fi/NFC, USB 2.0
Self-timer: Off/10sec./5sec./2sec./3 consecutive shots with 10sec. 5sec. or 2sec. delay selectable
View-finder: 3" LCD
Continuous shooter: 10 fps (for up to 10 shots)
Zoom: optical zoom: 30x; digital zoom: up to 120x (VGA); Clear image zoom (still): 18M 60x/10M 80x/5M 113x/VGA 459x/13M(16:9) 60x/2.1M (16:9) 153x; Movie: 60x
ISO sensitivity: 80 - 12800
Lens type: ZEISS Vario-Sonnar T* Lens
Shutter speed: Auto (4" - 1/2000)/Program Auto (1" - 1/2000)/Aperture Priority (8" - 1/2000)/Shutter Priority (30" - 1/2000)/Manual (30" - 1/2000)
Video: HD movie mode 1080 60p
Video resolution (max): AVCHD (up to 1,920x1,080/50p at 28Mbps)/XAVC S (up to 1,920x1,080/50p at 50Mbps)/MP4 (up to 1,920x1,080/50fps at 28Mbps)
Exposure modes: Intelligent Auto; Superior Auto; Program Auto; Aperture Priority; Shutter Speed Priority; Manual Exposure; MR (Memory Recall) 1,2,3;Movie Mode (Intelligent Auto/Scene Selection); Panorama; Scene Selection
Effects: Toy Camera, Pop Color, Posterization, Retro Photo, Soft High-key, Partial Color, High Contrast Mono., Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Richtone Monochrome, Miniature, Watercolor, Illustration
Camera (w x h x d):10.2cm x 5.8cm x 3.6cm (4" x 2.3"x 1.4")
Weight: 236g

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.511900

Yes, I know Professional photographers would use a camera, but they're not buying them from QVC, are they?
I bought a compact digital Samsung camera yonks ago, but can't remember the last time I used it - definitely before I got a smartphone.

Yes, I know Professional photographers would use a camera, but they're not buying them from QVC, are they?
I bought a compact digital Samsung camera yonks ago, but can't remember the last time I used it - definitely before I got a smartphone.

well if its like my friends they perfer to use a normal decent digital camera than a mobile phone one as they can tell the differences bewteen both when used but its each to their own

depends on the phone. some of the newer samsung phones take breathtaking pics. i can hardly believe the quality. my phone is a htc and quite old so the pics aren't great but better than my top end panasonic camera.

a pro will have a dedicated top end camera obviously

Just a note on the price, now whilst the price of the TSV is good (for the spec you are getting), be aware, of the 'after today price', as whilst JR (3pm show), when she says that on the Sony Website it is more that the 'after today price' (it is at £329 RRP), if you click through and purchase from Sony Online store it is actually £280, I have noted this before, when they say the price on the manafacturers/suppliers etc is such and such a price, but then when you actually click through it is cheaper, so whilst not mis-leading as such (as the higher price is there), they may however (in this instance), shot themselves in the foot, as if someone doesn't like this form of 'pressurised selling', then they could buy it tomorrow, though saying that they are still paying £30 more than today and EP, so as with anything in life 'you make your choice, you take your chances'

depends on the phone. some of the newer samsung phones take breathtaking pics. i can hardly believe the quality. my phone is a htc and quite old so the pics aren't great but better than my top end panasonic camera.

a pro will have a dedicated top end camera obviously

I agree, I have a Samsung S7 and the photos are amazing and so much better than our camera and the OH's HTC phone.

We are actually in the market for a new camera and after seeing a mother with her two young children using a selfie camera in a queue at Disneyland Paris we decided we wanted one lile that. We've been looking for a while and this was one of them. Although I would have preferred the white colour option, we have decided to go for this offer from QVC because it was the cheapest we have found the black colour option for (even when you add on the postage) because of the included jacket case.

Latest posts

Back