Philip Kingsley rip-off

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
There is NOTHING in the "tricho supplement" that cannot be found in a multvitamin / supplement from Holland & Barrett for half the price. It's just a few vitamins and a bit of lysine! I can't believe the bollocks that guest is spouting.

They've just mentioned Audrey Hepburn! Oooh so the lately-departed Mr Tortoise head washed Audrey's hair 50 years ago. BIG DEAL.

Didn't see who was pushing the PK stuff today, but none of the usual female reps have hair that looks in good condition....

Basic Multiviit and mineral from Savers £2. Lysine from H&B - £3. Total cost for 90 days = £5. Philip Kingley = £45. That's an astonishing 900% markup.

Obviously hair products ARE different otherwise we would all be using the poundshp 10 for a quid and have gleaming tresses but we don't have.

I tried the KP shampoo and conditioner and it did nothing for me. Haven't tried the elasticer (even though I got a freebie) as I just don't have the hair washing regime which allows all that time and faffing so I can't pass an opinion on that.

I have tried cheap, expensive and all in between and only Pantene (and only one type) tames my hair which luckily isn't expensive but for every 1 who likes it there will be 10 who will hate it.

This week I was up close to a lady I usually see only from a distance, and noticed that her hair was like Worzel Gummidge, now I can't believe that she wanted it that way, it's just she hasn't found THE one to tame it, and it won't necessarily be one anyone here uses. Luck of the draw. Others can use any old thing on the bathroom shelf and have no problems.

Just can't generalise.

Obviously hair products ARE different otherwise we would all be using the poundshp 10 for a quid and have gleaming tresses but we don't have.

I tried the KP shampoo and conditioner and it did nothing for me. Haven't tried the elasticer (even though I got a freebie) as I just don't have the hair washing regime which allows all that time and faffing so I can't pass an opinion on that.

I have tried cheap, expensive and all in between and only Pantene (and only one type) tames my hair which luckily isn't expensive but for every 1 who likes it there will be 10 who will hate it.

This week I was up close to a lady I usually see only from a distance, and noticed that her hair was like Worzel Gummidge, now I can't believe that she wanted it that way, it's just she hasn't found THE one to tame it, and it won't necessarily be one anyone here uses. Luck of the draw. Others can use any old thing on the bathroom shelf and have no problems.

Just can't generalise.

With shampoos and topical products that may be so. I am talking about the nutritional supplement. It really is no different to something you could get from H&B for a FRACTION of the price. If you think it's different, PROVE IT! Show me how it's different!

It isn`t my hair which rebels against certain brands of shampoo or conditioner, it`s my scalp. My hair seems to cope with any darned brand but my scalp will itch like mad and I look as if I have a bad case of headlice with my constant scratching. Consequently I tend to stick with brands I know won`t upset me and this makes me wary of trying anything new. I have sensitive skin and have to be very careful which body washes I use, which face creams I use and even which washing powders/liquids I use so obviously my scalp is just as sensitive.

I've recently used Alberto Balsam blueberry shampoo and conditioner, it gets good reviews and is cheap as anything.
Smells gorgeous and feels nice to use...but.... I've nearly scratched my scalp off it's been that itchy. Oh well, at least I've tried it.

I've recently used Alberto Balsam blueberry shampoo and conditioner, it gets good reviews and is cheap as anything.
Smells gorgeous and feels nice to use...but.... I've nearly scratched my scalp off it's been that itchy. Oh well, at least I've tried it.

I used to use Alberto Balsam Tee Tree Tingle many years ago. It was pretty good. These days I use a Tresemmé coconut one or Pantene Classic Clean 2 in 1 which is really good.

Sulphates are usually what cause itching in hair products. Also know to cause bacne! I switched to sulphate free shampoo and conditioner and it made a huge difference to both.

To the OP, absolutely agree! Many supplements have been shown to be totally useless anyway but if you're going to take them, pay the buttons they cost to make,not what it cost in packaging and marketing!

They've just mentioned Audrey Hepburn! Oooh so the lately-departed Mr Tortoise head washed Audrey's hair 50 years ago. BIG DEAL.

The man died this year - try showing a little bit of respect.

He created a successful brand and business - what have you ever done?

RedT;900750[B said:
]Sulphates are usually what cause itching in hair products[/B]. Also know to cause bacne! I switched to sulphate free shampoo and conditioner and it made a huge difference to both.

To the OP, absolutely agree! Many supplements have been shown to be totally useless anyway but if you're going to take them, pay the buttons they cost to make,not what it cost in packaging and marketing!

Yes, I cannot use any shampoos with these. Some sneaky brands I have found actually hide the ingredient down in the third row of the very small print of the ingredients now.

I loved WEN, no I do not want to use the copycats(any I have seen on Amazon have very mixed reviews and the sizes are really small too. 200ml-250mls for how you use will last no time). So TKMaxx had A'Kin 500mls sizes in stores so I bought and tried, no head itching and all seems fine.

I tried a sample pack of P.K. products (bought in M&S) and I did not like any of it especially that elasticiser stuff. Complete waste of £5 IMO.

Always surprises that they feel the need to blather on about Audrey Hepburn. A quintessentially elegant actress, no doubt, but in hair terms most usually in a short pixie cut or a heavily lacquered updo. Condition-wise, one would never know.

Last week on the Erno Laszlo hour, they were continually mentioning Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe, every 5 minutes they would repeat these names.
I'm not interested in products endorsed by actresses from years ago, yet this seems to be their only selling point. Technology of beauty products has moved on since those days, so has no real relevance to the here and now. I hate celebrity endorsements anyway.

Alison Young thinks this is what we all want to hear however, inbetween saying 'click it through, click it through, click it through'...........:mysmilie_496:

These women are Icons so using your products along side their names gives loads of people the idea if they use them then they too will have a little part of them. Well known marketing technique. Women will buy by the gallon perfume by designer brands, they cannot afford the clothes,jewellery or handbags but still get to feel special by using the perfumes.

I always read that Marilyn used Shu Uemara(sp) products.

Not a fan of PK, I remember some years back he did a column in a newspaper. He really dismissed other brands, yet used cheap SLS in his shampoos. He was a world renounced trichologist that is where his reputation comes from. He was not a hairdresser releasing their own named brand.

love his hair products done wonders with my hair don't use any other brand and when i did my hairdresser noticed lol

Latest posts

Back