Philip Kingsley rip-off

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Does anyone remember when Steven Corfield was asked via a tweet what shampoo he uses and he replied: erm...erm...Philip Kingsley?

I hadn't heard Philip Kingsley had died. I have never used any of his products but had certainly heard of him years before ever seeing him on Q. I always thought he had a very good reputation as a trichologist at his clinic.

I have tried various expensive brands after being persuaded by Q spiel that this was the only solution to hair problems but nothing gave stupendous results. I do have problems with DHS brands or stuff used at the salon as they seem to be far too heavy for my hair. It doesn't matter what brand or category. I did have some success with John Frieda Volume but my hair started getting very dry so now I use Aussie Miracle Moist. It's great! I am quite tempted to try Liz Earle but success with Aussie makes me reluctant to spoil a good thing.... my hair could turn awkward again lol.

Does anyone remember when Steven Corfield was asked via a tweet what shampoo he uses and he replied: erm...erm...Philip Kingsley?

Yes I remember that, someone must have prompted that answer in his ear...awkward.

There is NOTHING in the "tricho supplement" that cannot be found in a multvitamin / supplement from Holland & Barrett for half the price. It's just a few vitamins and a bit of lysine! I can't believe the bollocks that guest is spouting.

Yeah I caught a glimpse of the hour tonight and they were selling PK4 and the aforementioned ones are as you say overpriced. I do take quite a lot of supplements (they help), don't let anyone ever tell you that taking Vitamin C is 'fallacy' against staving off colds, it isn't. I have been taking Vit C every day for around 3 years and I haven't had a cold since, (I was very prone and during the winter could have about 3 or 4), now I might have the 'startings of one' but it never goes into a 'full-blown'. No I do 'swear' by Vitamins but defiantly not at Q's prices! I am also surprised that they give a 4 month MBG as that to me means someone could take it for that long and then send it back (for no apparent reason), then get their money-back and the brand will obviously have lost out, because even Q couldn't re-package that and send it out again, could they!!!!

The thing I look at:

Ingredient list do these match exactly are the quality of each in each product. That is how you compare a product against another? Makes no difference if its food, vits or skin care stuff.

As someone who is told I have a great head of hair, never done this.

But I do have to take prescription Vit D and calcium as I have thin bones.

Obviously hair products ARE different otherwise we would all be using the poundshp 10 for a quid and have gleaming tresses but we don't have.

I tried the KP shampoo and conditioner and it did nothing for me. Haven't tried the elasticer (even though I got a freebie) as I just don't have the hair washing regime which allows all that time and faffing so I can't pass an opinion on that.

I have tried cheap, expensive and all in between and only Pantene (and only one type) tames my hair which luckily isn't expensive but for every 1 who likes it there will be 10 who will hate it.

This week I was up close to a lady I usually see only from a distance, and noticed that her hair was like Worzel Gummidge, now I can't believe that she wanted it that way, it's just she hasn't found THE one to tame it, and it won't necessarily be one anyone here uses. Luck of the draw. Others can use any old thing on the bathroom shelf and have no problems.

Just can't generalise.

No, I once got a trial size (and it was good for one hair wash only) of shampoo and conditioner and I must admit my hair felt 'wonderful' afterwards (though unfortunatly) couldn't afford to purchase full size (though I know it would be good for my hair), it is just that the supplement 'market' is already 'saturated' with regular and other 'wonder drug' brands and I think that whilst hair is important, if one is already taking a Vitamin E/ Vitamin D supplement (amongst others) then I am not sure what 'added extra' this would give. From doing a 'search' I take all supplements that are suppose to be good for the hair (I told you I am a bit of vitamin 'junkie'), separately and they still don't cost the price that they were charging (£100 and odd quid is rather expensive), I know that they may have been formulated in a certain way. I was however 'tempted' I must admit by the protein one as I don't eat that much meat (not veggie, just trying to 'cut down'), so that gave me 'food for though' (pardon the not very subtle pun).

Guess I am going to do some more research and see what is similar but 'cheaper'!

I suppose hem was trying to think feverantly of a shampoo brand Q sold and that was the first that came to mind (I somehow think (she says cynically!!) that may have been a little (or big depending on your appetite and cynicism level), porky pie.

He was on Yankee Candle show the other day on 'Extra', given the way he departed from Q I am surprised that they are still showing segments of him.

Latest posts

Back