Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up



    Exclusive Looney Tunes collection launches at Create and Craft


    Create and Craft are excited to introduce a collection of vibrant and fun designs from everyone's favourite cartoon, Looney Tunes.


    Perfect for creating a variety of cards, scrapbook pages and more, the characters include Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Tweety, Sylvester, Tasmanian Devil, Marvin the Martian, Pep Le Sew and so on. Comprising of coordinated decoupage, toppers, papers and sentiments, as well as stamps and fat quarters, the collection includes something for everyone and the mix and match possibilities are endless!


    Add the Mega Bundle to your basket.....


    Read More.



    Results 1 to 7 of 7
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      3,130
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default Moissonite rip-off


      ADVERTISING


      Anyone watch the moissonite hour this evening, with Pete the Pope and male guest, who had as much charisma and personality as a goldfish? Pete, somewhat subdued for once, was trying hard to convince us that a moissonite ring, set in 9K gold, was worth 399 (and at that price we were saving 250 on the normal price!!). I cannot believe that people pay this kind of money, for a "gemstone" set in a small amount of 9K gold. While I was watching, there was absolutely no information whatsoever coming from the guest, just sitting there like a zombie and occasionally muttering a few words to Pete. I know that normally guests have a hard time getting a word in when he goes into one, but I think even Pete has run out of things to say about this jewellery. Even Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask....
      Likes VapidStoat, yorkrose26, Muttley liked this post
       

    2.    Advertisment


  • #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    104
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ADVERTISING
    At least they seem to have stopped saying moissonite is grown on meteorites in space, stardust, etc.
     

  •    Advertisment


  • #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EasyNow View Post
    At least they seem to have stopped saying moissonite is grown on meteorites in space, stardust, etc.
    Yeah, when they're really grown in vats in a business park just outside Catford*. The GLAMOUR!!

    * This may not be true.
    Likes historymystery liked this post
     

  •    Advertisment


  • #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Catford? I thought it was Watford!!
    Quote Originally Posted by VapidStoat View Post
    Yeah, when they're really grown in vats in a business park just outside Catford*. The GLAMOUR!!

    * This may not be true.
    Likes VapidStoat liked this post
     

  •    Advertisment


  • #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The clue is in the username
    Posts
    705
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by historymystery View Post
    Anyone watch the moissonite hour this evening, with Pete the Pope and male guest, who had as much charisma and personality as a goldfish? Pete, somewhat subdued for once, was trying hard to convince us that a moissonite ring, set in 9K gold, was worth 399 (and at that price we were saving 250 on the normal price!!). I cannot believe that people pay this kind of money, for a "gemstone" set in a small amount of 9K gold. While I was watching, there was absolutely no information whatsoever coming from the guest, just sitting there like a zombie and occasionally muttering a few words to Pete. I know that normally guests have a hard time getting a word in when he goes into one, but I think even Pete has run out of things to say about this jewellery. Even Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask....
    Yep and this was the guy who use to make a living selling 'real tatty tat' and convincing us that it was a bargain, now if he is struggling with this (and given his job, he should be able to 'spiel', then we know that even he thinks it is a rip-off!

  •    Advertisment


  • #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    3,130
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just do not know how they find anything even remotely truthful to say about this stuff. It must be one of the biggest rip-offs of all time, a stone that has no intrinsic value and a little bit of gold setting - and they're charging hundreds for it, plus p & p. If you want to spend that kind of money and get something of value for it, you'd be better off buying a small solitaire diamond set in gold or a gold sovereign coin which has some value AND has a decent weight of 22ct gold for your money.

    Quote Originally Posted by yorkrose26 View Post
    Yep and this was the guy who use to make a living selling 'real tatty tat' and convincing us that it was a bargain, now if he is struggling with this (and given his job, he should be able to 'spiel', then we know that even he thinks it is a rip-off!
    Likes Muttley liked this post
     

  •    Advertisment


  • #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    23
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    ADVERTISING


    Why have they only got 9 items of Moissanite now?
    Used to have a large choice and rings are cheap looking now all yellow gold no white gold settings?
    Brought many pieces would not buy this tat and it's not real Charles and Colvard

  •    Advertisment


    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •