Moissonite rip-off

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

historymystery

Registered Shopper
Anyone watch the moissonite hour this evening, with Pete the Pope and male guest, who had as much charisma and personality as a goldfish? Pete, somewhat subdued for once, was trying hard to convince us that a moissonite ring, set in 9K gold, was worth £399 (and at that price we were saving £250 on the normal price!!). I cannot believe that people pay this kind of money, for a "gemstone" set in a small amount of 9K gold. While I was watching, there was absolutely no information whatsoever coming from the guest, just sitting there like a zombie and occasionally muttering a few words to Pete. I know that normally guests have a hard time getting a word in when he goes into one, but I think even Pete has run out of things to say about this jewellery. Even Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask....

At least they seem to have stopped saying moissonite is grown on meteorites in space, stardust, etc.

At least they seem to have stopped saying moissonite is grown on meteorites in space, stardust, etc.

Yeah, when they're really grown in vats in a business park just outside Catford*. The GLAMOUR!! :wait:

* This may not be true.

Anyone watch the moissonite hour this evening, with Pete the Pope and male guest, who had as much charisma and personality as a goldfish? Pete, somewhat subdued for once, was trying hard to convince us that a moissonite ring, set in 9K gold, was worth £399 (and at that price we were saving £250 on the normal price!!). I cannot believe that people pay this kind of money, for a "gemstone" set in a small amount of 9K gold. While I was watching, there was absolutely no information whatsoever coming from the guest, just sitting there like a zombie and occasionally muttering a few words to Pete. I know that normally guests have a hard time getting a word in when he goes into one, but I think even Pete has run out of things to say about this jewellery. Even Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask....

Yep and this was the guy who use to make a living selling 'real tatty tat' and convincing us that it was a bargain, now if he is struggling with this (and given his job, he should be able to 'spiel', then we know that even he thinks it is a rip-off!

I just do not know how they find anything even remotely truthful to say about this stuff. It must be one of the biggest rip-offs of all time, a stone that has no intrinsic value and a little bit of gold setting - and they're charging hundreds for it, plus p & p. If you want to spend that kind of money and get something of value for it, you'd be better off buying a small solitaire diamond set in gold or a gold sovereign coin which has some value AND has a decent weight of 22ct gold for your money.

Yep and this was the guy who use to make a living selling 'real tatty tat' and convincing us that it was a bargain, now if he is struggling with this (and given his job, he should be able to 'spiel', then we know that even he thinks it is a rip-off!

Why have they only got 9 items of Moissanite now?
Used to have a large choice and rings are cheap looking now all yellow gold no white gold settings?
Brought many pieces would not buy this tat and it's not real Charles and Colvard

Latest posts

Back