Gems TV Feefo reviews

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bristol

Registered Shopper
Do you ever look at the Feefo reviews for Gems TV/Gemporia?
It has an entertainment factor about it!
I am sure that many customers are happy with their purchase. I am sure that many others are content, they perhaps didn't pay much and can't go to the bother to post a review nor to send it back. Others with more to provoke them might be minded to vent their disappointment on the Feefo website and might then get an unhelpful phone call from the company which basically says sorry that you were disappointed (not sorry that we misrepresented the jewellery by presenting the best example of the piece on air) and reminding you that of course you can send it back under the 30 day money back guarantee.
But aside from that I invite you to try this:
Go onto the Feefo Gemporia reviews and look at the Products, Bad 'read all'. You can do this for the past week or use the drop down for other time period. So once you see the reviews try clicking on the Product name and you will find that you are linked to the item on the Gemporia website - this doesn't always work as the item might be flagged as sold out. But here's the thing can you find the negative review that you have just read on the Gemporia website? No? Really? Well sometimes yes but quite often no. Currently the Jewel of Boudi is the biggest culprit. The bad reviews slate the specimens received and although on Gemporia it currently states 'Rated 2.4/5 based on 31 customer reviews' the reviews posted are all positive. Its not based on time that the review was posted as far as I can see either. So yes it says 'Read what our other customers have to say about this item' this is a very carefully selected set of reviews.
Gemporia couldn't sell what they sell if the customer actually saw the piece that was being allocated to them as they would do in store. And I know that the prices can appear to be very good value and sometimes they are but a like for like comparison is so difficult. So if you receive a piece that was similar to the on screen item I think that you have done well. If you are prepared to take the gamble and pay the p&p to view the item and then a similar or greater amount to send it back then I wish you all the luck that you would wish yourself!
But take a look at the selective use of Feefo reviews and form your own opinion of why this would be the practise!

I look at Feefo often. It gives you a good idea of what went well and why and sometimes, as you say, a link to the item. I do hope TGGC don't just look at the 'Bad' and 'Poor' categories. Fair-minded people won't dish the item in the rating if it's ok or good but may put some additional comments. It's these that are revealing (people stopping buying now, all the problems discussed on this forum about quality etc).

I watched the auction of the Boudi piece. I am sad to say that my instinct was that it would have been a bad buy and when they wanted £50 for it, I nearly choked.

The bad reviews do get on there eventually I think BUT only if the item stays in stock...

I have always kept a keen eye on the reviews that can be very informative and i had also noticed that some of the negatives dont seem to be on the website for the specific item and it seems to be happening more often than it used too in the past. As to the Boudi piece, i didnt see it on screen as i no longer watch but i did have a look from the reviews, it hasnt gone down that well, why on earth anyone would pay 50 pounds is beyond me, but i guess each to their own.

Well the Feefo rating for products is at - in my experience - at an all time low (91%). For the churn on volume, that is not good at all.

Incidentally, that Boudi piece went down like a lead balloon. Even the "positive" reviews aren't great. It's the first piece that has a consistent "bait & switch" feel to it. Gems should start to be careful. It's dangerous waters doing that. The "natural variations" argument won't wash for such a difference between item on screen & actual product.

CROP_20170815_005824.jpg

Gems seems to be struggling .I watched a London Blue Topaz segment and the presenter waffled for a good 1O minutes and we still hadn't set eyes on the products. They showed us photographs of large topaz pieces of all colours across the world ,the museum quality sound bite came in again .I switched off without ever seeing what she was selling and I like London Blue topaz.

Turnanot, that is normal for Gems. Sometimes its 20 minutes in with the ads for the mines and presenter waffling on before they start a show.

And Adina can waffle for England and not get started for at least half an hour. :mysmilie_10:

Turnanot, that is normal for Gems. Sometimes its 20 minutes in with the ads for the mines and presenter waffling on before they start a show.

I didnt realise.Im not an avid watcher just happened on it and I like a bit of London blue topaz,but I couldn't stay the course.....

I didnt realise.Im not an avid watcher just happened on it and I like a bit of London blue topaz,but I couldn't stay the course.....

Think that is the problem Turandot. They just take far too long to show/sell the items now for me. I get bored and turn over.

IMO the reason's simple - they haven't got enough stock to sell (and I'm talking of items across the board, not just one particular item). If their stock levels were full, they would be concerned with actually trying to SELL us something, rather than waffle for England. I'm wondering why they seem not to have enough stock - is it due to a supply problem with the gemstones (they seem to sell the same old, same old types of stone, no innovation in the designs of the pieces, and when they do introduce a new stone, it's normally an ugly-looking one or a coated or dyed one) - or is it due to a cashflow problem? Maybe their suppliers have had enough of them? My view is that they are making it all too obvious that all's not well in the state of Gemporia - but as has been said, all they are doing is making people switch off! I nearly fell asleep the other night watching Kate McCarthy for 5 minutes - it was obvious she had been told to keep on talking, the look of relief on her face when she could actually start selling was evident.

And Adina can waffle for England and not get started for at least half an hour. :mysmilie_10:

I have never put 100% trust in reviews from any review websites. Although it's likely that some of them are genuine, they can be ignored or manipulated and I'm sure they sometimes are. The boast is that they never alter poor reviews, but what about reviews that get ignored and not posted? I've reviewed items for products (not necessarily from Gems) and have made criticisms, and have searched in vain for the review afterwards.

Latest posts

Back