Is story the same as journey?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The film The Devil Wears Prada was supposedly based on Anna Wintour.

I have to say "Journey" is one of my pet hates- everything nowadays has to be a journey from weight loss, to pregnancy to moving house relationships etc etc!

My other pet hate is the phrase "ticks all the boxes" what are these boxes? where do you find them? does everyone have said boxes except me?!!

My particular bugbear is 'hack' - everything that could be regarded as a 'tip' is now a damn 'hack', gah.

Also hate 'future-proofing', such bow-locks.

Or "unique". Nothing sold is unique. Worse still "quite unique" or "very unique". You can't qualify a superlative! Makes my blood boil, but then I'm a grumpy old git who had separate English Language and English Literature lessons at school...

Or "unique". Nothing sold is unique. Worse still "quite unique" or "very unique". You can't qualify a superlative! Makes my blood boil, but then I'm a grumpy old git who had separate English Language and English Literature lessons at school...

My pet hate also, but then I am a grumpy old git times 10

But we can all sleep easy in our beds....I heard the immortal words "bang on trend" from the lips of Simon 'Chest Hair Extraordinaire' Biagi only the other day! Such an under-used expression on Q....

I still hate the word "dupe" when used for alternative products to a brand's "hero product" (that's another one). It's been around for years, decades but it still bugs me! Dupe means to deceive to me, not short for duplicate, it has connotations of an inferior copy. I'm a lone voice in the wilderness on this one amongst my friends!

I won't list my many hates, not just on QVC, when it comes to use of language and buzzwords. It would take all day. But I will say the only "journey" I'm interested in is one which takes certain presenters a long, long way away.

Latest posts

Back