Easy Pays - Watch Out!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I am running out my (few, & small amount EZPs) & then I'm done.There is so little on Q these days to tempt me & if there is I will pay in full or do without.I can see many getting into large payments each month as all the smaller amounts add up!It is really the only selling point which QVC have to appeal to some.The 30 day MBG is good but again it costs.I was speaking to someone the other day & QVC was mentioned & they didn't go near because of the P&P costs.

Has anyone had any issues this month? I received an email on Saturday saying they'd be taking an instalment on 23/08 and so far nothing's been taken from my account.

Now I know Q can't stop tinkering with their website and that the new email confirmations have now become 'Pink' to match everything else, but now you really have to keep and eye on those EP's

As you know anything on EP whether it be 2, 3 or 4 monthly payments are notified on the confirmation of order email, 1st payment + P&P. Then you get the follow up email the following month stating what monthly payment 2nd, 3rd or 4th together with that payment amount, which has always worked fine for me keeping an eye on things.

However, I have received 2 emails informing me of the next EP showing a picture of the item but no mention whatsoever of which EP or the amount, which means that you have to go back through your emails (if you keep every one) to check and work out which payment and the amount. Talk about making things more difficult!

I've just received 2 EP items, but boy are they now going to be my last...I can see no end of customers getting into a muddle :mysmilie_1:

I suppose with anything like this (buying from a catalogue) etc.. the onus is on the customer to remember what they have bought, thus the amount, I know though that I ain't practising what I am preaching here, as I have brought some vitamin tablets on 'auto-reorder' (though of course I couldn't remember doing so) and the time specified later (45 days), out pops the money from my bank account and the pills through my door, so yep lesson to all. KEEP A CHECK ON ONES MONEY!:mysmilie_17:

I lost my bank card and updated my account with details of the replacement one but maybe they haven't picked up on it.

Unless it has gone unnoticed by me, I've never had a problem. I must admit although I can well afford to pay once, when something I want is offered in EP I do it. I do so for 2 reasons, one I've spent a fraction in case I want to return, two, the bulk of the money stays in my account.

I love EP and if you were to contact them, they usually fix a problem.

I rang them and they said the card you paid with is the one they try and take the instalment from, even when you update your details on your account. They've taken it now and no doubt there'll be a snotty letter in the post!

Well what do you know, despite updating my card details on-line and ringing them to update them on the 2 items I had on easy pay and being assured that they everything would be fine henceforth, the same thing has happened with the second item! I won't be ringing them on this occasion, it's neither easy or convenient for me. They really do need to get their act together on this along with many other aspects of what should be basic business operations!

They need to train their staff better. I had my account open when I rang and quoted the number for the second item and he assured me he'd updated that one too. I don't answer number withheld calls and I'll return any correspondence they send (without a stamp) with a note for them to check my on-line account.

It is not unreasonable to expect QVC to be able to provide a record of the current state of play with EP and AD orders. If they can't do that, they should offer EP or AD!

Latest posts

Back