Easy Pays - Watch Out!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Whatsgoinon?

Registered Shopper
Now I know Q can't stop tinkering with their website and that the new email confirmations have now become 'Pink' to match everything else, but now you really have to keep and eye on those EP's

As you know anything on EP whether it be 2, 3 or 4 monthly payments are notified on the confirmation of order email, 1st payment + P&P. Then you get the follow up email the following month stating what monthly payment 2nd, 3rd or 4th together with that payment amount, which has always worked fine for me keeping an eye on things.

However, I have received 2 emails informing me of the next EP showing a picture of the item but no mention whatsoever of which EP or the amount, which means that you have to go back through your emails (if you keep every one) to check and work out which payment and the amount. Talk about making things more difficult!

I've just received 2 EP items, but boy are they now going to be my last...I can see no end of customers getting into a muddle :mysmilie_1:

To be fair though, it#s not QVC's job to help the customer budget - it's just their job to sell and then collect the money.

I keep a trusty spreadsheet (just the one EZPay remaining now, yippee) but certainly most other companies with supposedly 'award-winning' customer service would at the very least allow you to access this info via your online account. They've just made an already poor service even worse with this latest 'improvement'.

I mentioned about this on their FB page, as have others since, and they replied that they would pass all the comments on to their email notification team but it remains to be seen if they'll change it back. As is, the new email is useless and they'd be better off not sending it at all.

The calender on the kitchen wall has always been my notice. I write the date ordered and each month put the amount and they the final one gets a Last One. Never trust QVC to keep it on the level.

I keep a trusty spreadsheet (just the one EZPay remaining now, yippee) but certainly most other companies with supposedly 'award-winning' customer service would at the very least allow you to access this info via your online account. They've just made an already poor service even worse with this latest 'improvement'.

You can't beat a trusty spreadsheet IMHO!!!!!

Well done on the EZP reduction, just the one to go! Yay!!

You can't beat a trusty spreadsheet IMHO!!!!!

Well done on the EZP reduction, just the one to go! Yay!!

Glad I'm not the only one - my love of spreadsheets is actually bordering on tragic, but I will be jumping for joy when I delete that last line next week!!!!!

The calender on the kitchen wall has always been my notice. I write the date ordered and each month put the amount and they the final one gets a Last One. Never trust QVC to keep it on the level.

I would love to put everything I ordered on the kitchen calendar, but O/H would get to see my spending and what he doesn't know and all that...

I write everything on my kitchen calendar, except for Q purchases, what the O/H doesn't know and all that... I do have files in my emails set up for EP's so they are all in one place, but sending out emails with picture of item each month with no other info is a complete waste of time.

Emailed them also, but no response yet

i dont like easy pay. i hate credit and most items are not major purchases from qvc. i also notice that when easy pay is offered the price is not that good. the last yankee tsv being a good example

If those at Q towers had a decent website, and a decent computer system, then it would be child's play for them to provide account information showing customers what they have on AD, what they have on EP, and the payment schedule for EPs...

But. They. Don't. So. They. Can't.

I rarely go on QVC's website now unless I follow a link from here. Since I realised that you have to phone and speak to a real person to avoid using Hermes, I will phone them on the rare occasion I want to buy... but as I'm in full-on declutter and discard mode at present, there is very little chance of QVC getting their mitts on my money right now.

They never even used to alert you when they were due so the notifications and the amounts was a huge improvement in customer service and this is a retrograde step. That said, my last batch of emails have all had the amounts on them. What annoys me about Q is the amount of time the commitment takes to show on my account after they've taken it. When I shop elsewhere, either in store or online, the money comes out after the close of business, the next day - QVC takes 2-3 days to show up.

It should be available on our customer accounts.

To be fair though, it#s not QVC's job to help the customer budget - it's just their job to sell and then collect the money.

Yes, I can understand that yes it is the customers place to budget, but it surely wouldn't be that difficult to put the amount on, though I suppose a cursory look at their bank account, or even set-up a very simple spreadsheet document to keep a eye upon the EP and status of, this is what I do!

It should be available on our customer accounts.

I agree. I am not very good in keeping a check which is in opposition to my admin background when I had to keep spreadsheets. Perhaps that's the problem, I got fed up with them. However, as you say, you should be able to go into your account and look all this information up. They could see me off but I will keep details in future. The only problem I had with them was that they charged me twice for postage but I got that back. it was a good job I noticed it.

I don't use EP because I'd prefer to pay for the item in one go. I work on the premise that if I can't afford to pay for it in one go then I don't need the item. I'm also aware that you never know what might happen in the ensuing months and I'd rather have spare cash in case of an unforeseen event. Knowing my luck, if I did use EP, I'd have an unexpected bill the next month when the next payment was due. I also have a credit card which I've never used. I'm probably odd but that's just the way I am.

Okay friend has something on easy pay(last one on Sunday), she got the email and it says the amount and date coming out. She got it yesterday! We where chatting QVC and easy pay.

The information should be available on your Account, I've just had a look back through mine to see what an item of clothing I bought a few months ago, because I've cut the label out and wasn't sure what size I'd ordered previously...there's no size given just some letters that don't make any sense.

As for the EP's the only reason I use them now and again is that I have run out of beauty products etc at the same time, so its easier to spread the cost and buy say the two items I need on EP's, rather than go beyond my means and make things tighter than they should be buying both at full price.

Be interesting to see what the next reminders say. Although I won't hold my breath as they've not even replied to my email.

Latest posts

Back