Model Tanya posting on Facebook.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Or even one if her so called friends'(presenters), who she has worked with for years actually talked to her.

She used to do all the Decleor shows, I am surprised if she wasn't friends with Fiona. The beauty brands seem to pick who they want on their shows, as you will see the same faces for that brand. They need Tiff to fill the old wrinkled one to show how wonderful the makeup or skin care works on them. When Tiff has so many wrinkles round her eyes she looks 80+! The close ups of her during makeup, Tarte,Mally,LG etc really are not the best ad at all.

Glad shes spoken out .I don't think Q should be able to get away with disappearing people as though they never existed. Especially when they pedal the idea they are all your friends. Those people worked hard for Q at all hours so a bit of recognition would be nice.

Nowadays they seem to have more shows where the model stands like a dumb statue while the presenters talk over them.

if anything I think Tiff needs to be given less air time.

I'm sorry to hear this news and wishing Tanya well.
I wish that she and other QVC models/workers spill more beans what really is going on in Q towers.

I remember years ago that a model called Joanne, was apparently dropped for being 1 pound over the 'deemed weight', I mean I ask you! The presenters go on about how bodyshapes change and how we should be 'proud of who we are' (which by the way we should be), but then Q 'does the dirty' by dropping a model because she is a pound or two over the weight/height ratio decreed by 'whoever' in 'totally unrealistic thin towers', I know this was 'back in the day', when they didn't have '+ size models' (who to me don't look that + sized). No they are very contradictory with their models. I mean in reality their target market is going to be (I would guestimate) 35+, so does it not make logical (yes I do realise the irony of using that word when we are talking about who we are talking about), to have models of that age? They will have token 'oldies' for hair shows to do a 'hair through the ages' feature, but the only regular older model is surprise surprise model Catherine's mum! No I am surprised Tanya left, because she seemed to be able to have good 'banter', guess when she spoke she wasn't as 'sachrinne' about the products as Q wanted. No if your face/body/attitude don't fit the 'QVC Clique', then you can say 'bye bye'!

It is a shame though as I imagine she would have been 'fun' on a night out!

I liked Tanya on Q but, to be honest, the life of a model is usually time-limited and the QVC crew manage to get a longer innings than most. It's a bit odd whom they do choose to ditch and whom they keep around. Maybe Tanya wasn't quite battered enough for the "can't we do wonders with her wrinkles" role on the cakey make up shows. Her hair was certainly too good for the "let's transform the old biddy from split end grey to sleek silver" type. She probably falls between all the roles that Q has deemed it wants in the 30+ age group: she's looked after herself too well.

Sadly that`s the hard face of business these days. Their models are self employed, hired through an agency and as all self employed staff, they can be fired off at a moment`s notice and without explanation. It works the same for all self employed personnel being sub contracted by a larger company.
There`s no such thing as thanks for all your hard work or thanks for being a good representative, the larger companies work to their own rules and if they want to hire they hire and if they want to fire they fire.
My son`s flatmate is a cameraman and he`s self employed too and he`s frequently given very little notice when his stint behind the camera is no longer required. He works for Sky Sports during the football season, Google Earth during the Summer and films business promotional adverts inbetween other jobs. I daresay Tanya is somewhat cheesed off at the way things have happened but as an experienced long time model she must know these things happen and nobody is exempt from hardline business practises.

I remember years ago that a model called Joanne, was apparently dropped for being 1 pound over the 'deemed weight', I mean I ask you! The presenters go on about how bodyshapes change and how we should be 'proud of who we are' (which by the way we should be), but then Q 'does the dirty' by dropping a model because she is a pound or two over the weight/height ratio decreed by 'whoever' in 'totally unrealistic thin towers', I know this was 'back in the day', when they didn't have '+ size models' (who to me don't look that + sized). No they are very contradictory with their models. I mean in reality their target market is going to be (I would guestimate) 35+, so does it not make logical (yes I do realise the irony of using that word when we are talking about who we are talking about), to have models of that age? They will have token 'oldies' for hair shows to do a 'hair through the ages' feature, but the only regular older model is surprise surprise model Catherine's mum! No I am surprised Tanya left, because she seemed to be able to have good 'banter', guess when she spoke she wasn't as 'sachrinne' about the products as Q wanted. No if your face/body/attitude don't fit the 'QVC Clique', then you can say 'bye bye'!

It is a shame though as I imagine she would have been 'fun' on a night out!

This is the one I was talking about. She actually said they said she was too big, but it was because she was out spoken and always commenting when doing beauty shows. She is the one who was so friendly with Tanya and AY but they never contacted her after being suddenly let go.

I have to say that I'm not keen on the new ones. A few of the old guard are still there but some of the new ones look awful. Perhaps the are cheap moneywise. I liked Tanya

I do agree about the business practices and it being very cut throat especially when self employed and on zero hours .
My main issue is that Q allows people to become very familiar over many years and then they just disappear leaving the customers wondering and speculating what happened. Its not like the models are in commercials or a magazine. They are on live TV and customers are encouraged to see Q as a family. A goodbye might have been nice.

I think the models on IW get treated a good deal better.

Most of the models used by QVC are from Leni's Model Management. I wonder if Tanya and Co were ditched because Q only book their models from there now.
It does well for a model to pally up to a brand like Katherine and Lola Rose. Or Ali and Butler & Wilson. Then they're guaranteed work.

Yes, more should speak out, let customers know who exactly they are dealing with. It's funny how all the best ones are let go though isn't it? It's almost as if they won't allow anyone or anything to become bigger, or more popular, than QVC itself, how very odd of them.

I know that model Catherine will probably not fall in to many people's 'best model's' but I very much doubt that Q will ever 'discharge' her or her mum!

Catherine's mother years ago was the regular Gatineau model.
I can't recall if at that time she was used for fashion or not.
But she went missing from the Gatineau shows and appeared on a daytime fashion tv show.

A few of the QVC models ' pop up' on Lorainne and This Morning, so hopefully Tanya will appear on those as she is too classy and pleasant to just disappear. And it's no wonder that the C in QVC stands for convenience because it certainly doesn't stand for 'caring.'

Weren't there loads of rumours about Catherine or her mother dating Ralph from Honora? I think it was the mother but it was on for a few years.

Modelling as has been said is a very limited shelf life, they really need to have a Plan B because it will dry up and as you get older no longer get work. Only real super model types will get work into their 40s and beyond. Unless its the Lady Tena type thing on tv.

Beth popped up yet again on the QVC Facebook raving about another make up brand sold on QVC. She is actually coming across as desperate now.

Sadly that`s the hard face of business these days. Their models are self employed, hired through an agency and as all self employed staff, they can be fired off at a moment`s notice and without explanation. It works the same for all self employed personnel being sub contracted by a larger company.
There`s no such thing as thanks for all your hard work or thanks for being a good representative, the larger companies work to their own rules and if they want to hire they hire and if they want to fire they fire.
My son`s flatmate is a cameraman and he`s self employed too and he`s frequently given very little notice when his stint behind the camera is no longer required. He works for Sky Sports during the football season, Google Earth during the Summer and films business promotional adverts inbetween other jobs. I daresay Tanya is somewhat cheesed off at the way things have happened but as an experienced long time model she must know these things happen and nobody is exempt from hardline business practises.

Maybe she had hopes of becoming a presenter.

Catherine's mother years ago was the regular Gatineau model.
I can't recall if at that time she was used for fashion or not.
But she went missing from the Gatineau shows and appeared on a daytime fashion tv show.

Wasn't she the model used for Bareminerals all the time too?

Weren't there loads of rumours about Catherine or her mother dating Ralph from Honora? I think it was the mother but it was on for a few years.

Modelling as has been said is a very limited shelf life, they really need to have a Plan B because it will dry up and as you get older no longer get work. Only real super model types will get work into their 40s and beyond. Unless its the Lady Tena type thing on tv.

Beth popped up yet again on the QVC Facebook raving about another make up brand sold on QVC. She is actually coming across as desperate now.

Haven't seen her on QVC for ages and Ralph does not seem to come here anymore.

It's all kicking off now with Jo slagging off Tanya.
Don't think it was Catherine's mum who was allegedly with Ralphy. He is no longer associated with Honora so you won't see him again on the telly box.

Don't think it was Catherine's mum who was allegedly with Ralphy. He is no longer associated with Honora so you won't see him again on the telly box.

Oh!!!!! I did say when Jo got the boot from QVC she was quite bitter over Tanya and AY both she considered friends dumping her.

Karmas aBitch. Tanya was my best friend for years! And stabbed me in the back! For her own Gain! Karma!

Above the comments from Jo Anne

Ooh the intrigue - where is this happening???

Edited to add: just found the post on Q's FB page - can't believe the mods have left that thread going for two days!

Latest posts

Back