Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up





    Lisa Riley’s Back and Better Than Ever With Her Brand New Autumn Clothing Line, Exclusively at Ideal World

    We’re excited to announce that TV favourite and Loose Women panellist Lisa Riley is returning to Ideal World with style to unveil her brand new autumn clothing line.

      After winning multiple plus size awards, Lisa decided to launch her own clothing label ‘Just Be You’ exclusively with Ideal World to overcome the disappointment in styles previously offered to her. After sharing her amazing weight loss journey with the nation, Lisa created her collection of clothing and garments to make you feel “confident, sexy and beautiful.”

    The TV favourite says “Of all my collections with Ideal World, this is by far my ultimate favourite. I feel the fabrics, colours and the unique “me” style comes across 100%. It is fashion for everyone. I hope you love it as much as I do!”

    Read More

    Results 1 to 10 of 10
      Support ShoppingTelly.com
      Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      brighton
      Posts
      2,311
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default Had a quick look...and oh dear!

      Don't have sky so I'm unable to view the channel but if the stuff on the website is anything to go by, then oh dear! The fashion section is all underwear and feature packs of socks that are sold in poundland, men's pants that you'd buy on a market stall, there's nothing of real substance, mostly little bits n' bobs you could pick up in one of the budget stores, mostly stuff you don't need. Anything of any substance they sell is probably available in Argos, maybe a little dearer, possibly even cheaper and even more probably than that - better quality. All I can say is "Oh dear!"






      › See More: Had a quick look...and oh dear!
      Thanks mediastar thanked for this post
       

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      East London
      Posts
      2,392
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by merryone View Post
      Don't have sky so I'm unable to view the channel but if the stuff on the website is anything to go by, then oh dear! The fashion section is all underwear and feature packs of socks that are sold in poundland, men's pants that you'd buy on a market stall, there's nothing of real substance, mostly little bits n' bobs you could pick up in one of the budget stores, mostly stuff you don't need. Anything of any substance they sell is probably available in Argos, maybe a little dearer, possibly even cheaper and even more probably than that - better quality. All I can say is "Oh dear!"
      I had a quick look and it was the spinning mop being demonstrated. I had one a few years ago and it is the most awkward thing to use.The bucket weighs a ton. It got binned very quickly.

    3.    Sponsored Link

    4. #3
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      3,091
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Haven't watched any of it yet, but I think I'm right in saying Derek Marks (ex-Gems and ex-TJC) is a presenter. If so, I'm amazed he's sunk to this - it sounds just dire.

      Quote Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
      I had a quick look and it was the spinning mop being demonstrated. I had one a few years ago and it is the most awkward thing to use.The bucket weighs a ton. It got binned very quickly.

    5.    Sponsored Link

    6. #4
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      brighton
      Posts
      2,311
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      I was hoping though, that they'd return with all the cleaning products the old channel used to do...there was one in particular called EGR that hand on heart was the best all rounder I've ever used, it was particularly good at removing stains from fabric...but no, it's a couple of mops and buckets, and fairly cheap stick vac...but you can probably buy a branded one in Robert Dyas for that price...and £25 for 50 microfibre cloths..come on! We all know you can buy a pack containing 5 or 6 in Poundland. I do like to give everything a chance, so I'll keep an eye on it, but from what I can see so far the products are cheaper and nastier than some of the stuff Bid and price drop used to sell, and that's really saying something!

    7.    Price Crash TV

    8. #5
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      brighton
      Posts
      2,311
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      I'm actually disappointed, I suspected the products would be crap, but didn't think they'd be quite this crap and not only that....what a small assortment! You could fit the entire range into the back of a transit van and set it all up at your local market. I bought a really good set of suitcases from the old pricecrash many moons ago...they're a bit worn but still useable...I can't see anything on here lasting any more than three months, and that includes the channel. Watching online at the moment and they're selling a packs of mini scented candles bogof..so you get 12 unbranded really small scented candles for £15 plus another fiver postage...really? You can get a large yankee for that price, or a few smaller ones if they're having a sale...You'd have to be crazy to buy these!!!!!

    9.    Gemporia

    10. #6
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Posts
      438
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      I tried googling EGR, the results were all to do with some car engine valve cleaning or other, so I looked up "Elbow Grease Remover" as somewhere in the depths of my memory I dragged up the snippet that that is what EGR stood for and this came up: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elbow-Grees.../dp/B003JSRS9G

    11.    Advertisment

    12. #7
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      brighton
      Posts
      2,311
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Don't think that's it...but I might give it a go as it says fabrics. The EGR I remember was in a blue bottle and when you squirted it onto a stain you could literally see it eating into it and it didn't damage the fabric either. Thanks!

    13.    Sponsored Link

    14. #8
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      6,012
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Same Bid Tv, different name. If they didn't want people to click who they were, maybe it would've been a good idea not to use the same style music or graphics.......just sayin'

      As for the products, yes crap is the word, right down to those silicone loo brushes that QVC sold for £28 for one, Crash were selling two for £25, well I say were, I don't know if they still are because that's the only time I've looked.

    15.    Crafting.co.uk

    16. #9
      Join Date
      Jun 2008
      Location
      brighton
      Posts
      2,311
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
      Same Bid Tv, different name. If they didn't want people to click who they were, maybe it would've been a good idea not to use the same style music or graphics.......just sayin'

      As for the products, yes crap is the word, right down to those silicone loo brushes that QVC sold for £28 for one, Crash were selling two for £25, well I say were, I don't know if they still are because that's the only time I've looked.
      I wish it was! But I don't agree there. We all know that Bid sold a whole lot of crap - Let's think "Worry angels", plastic rear view mirrors, dodgy fragrances, flimsy bedding.....But they did sell quite a bit of stuff that wasn't half bad, there was a huge amount of choice in every category too. I know it's still early days and I've had another look at the website, and still each category has less than one page of products each...Fashion for instance, all there is a available is men's socks and men's pants, and incredibly poor quality ones by the looks of it! P&P at £4.99 is much better than £7.99 per item, but I honestly don't think there's one thing I'm even half tempted to buy! If I wanted some cheap crap to tide me over, I'll just pop down to Poundstretcher thanks!

    17.    Sponsored Link

    18. #10
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Posts
      6,012
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Quote Originally Posted by merryone View Post
      I wish it was! But I don't agree there. We all know that Bid sold a whole lot of crap - Let's think "Worry angels", plastic rear view mirrors, dodgy fragrances, flimsy bedding.....But they did sell quite a bit of stuff that wasn't half bad, there was a huge amount of choice in every category too. I know it's still early days and I've had another look at the website, and still each category has less than one page of products each...Fashion for instance, all there is a available is men's socks and men's pants, and incredibly poor quality ones by the looks of it! P&P at £4.99 is much better than £7.99 per item, but I honestly don't think there's one thing I'm even half tempted to buy! If I wanted some cheap crap to tide me over, I'll just pop down to Poundstretcher thanks!
      I think it's Bid Tv related, and as for the £7.99 p&p per item, I think they've learned by that mistake although now QVCs p&p isn't far off that now per item. I never seen anything on Bid Tv that would tempted me to buy, what I used to find funny though was Peter Sherlock waxing lyrical about the "Charlie" perfume and how good it was three for £29 plus £7.99 when they had it in the Home and Bargain for £4.99 a bottle, but as we always say, each to there own.

    •   Alt

      Advertising

      advertising

        
       

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •