Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Ideal World Welcomes Celebrity Paul Ross as Guest Presenter

Well known for his appearance on many TV and radio shows over the decades, Paul canít wait to take centre stage and present his favourite products to you!

Weíre sure you are as excited as we are to welcome our new guest presenter Paul Ross to the Ideal World team. With decades of experience in the industry and after appearing on many TV shows including ITVís This Morning and The Alan Titchmarsh Show, Paul will bring some showbiz to the home of television shopping.

Paul canít wait to get started on the show and deliver fantastic offers straight to your front room. ďIím utterly thrilled to be joining the top team of presenters on my favourite shopping channel. Itís been my guilty secret for ages! Iíve been a viewer and buyer for many years too and love their market beating offers on stonking products. Iíd love viewers to join me at the weekends when Iíll bring them my fresh shopping selectionĒ.

Read More

Support ShoppingTelly.com
      Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
      Post Thanks / Like

Default Had a quick look...and oh dear!

Don't have sky so I'm unable to view the channel but if the stuff on the website is anything to go by, then oh dear! The fashion section is all underwear and feature packs of socks that are sold in poundland, men's pants that you'd buy on a market stall, there's nothing of real substance, mostly little bits n' bobs you could pick up in one of the budget stores, mostly stuff you don't need. Anything of any substance they sell is probably available in Argos, maybe a little dearer, possibly even cheaper and even more probably than that - better quality. All I can say is "Oh dear!"

› See More: Had a quick look...and oh dear!
      Thanks mediastar thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merryone View Post
      Don't have sky so I'm unable to view the channel but if the stuff on the website is anything to go by, then oh dear! The fashion section is all underwear and feature packs of socks that are sold in poundland, men's pants that you'd buy on a market stall, there's nothing of real substance, mostly little bits n' bobs you could pick up in one of the budget stores, mostly stuff you don't need. Anything of any substance they sell is probably available in Argos, maybe a little dearer, possibly even cheaper and even more probably than that - better quality. All I can say is "Oh dear!"
      I had a quick look and it was the spinning mop being demonstrated. I had one a few years ago and it is the most awkward thing to use.The bucket weighs a ton. It got binned very quickly.

3.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Haven't watched any of it yet, but I think I'm right in saying Derek Marks (ex-Gems and ex-TJC) is a presenter. If so, I'm amazed he's sunk to this - it sounds just dire.

Quote Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
      I had a quick look and it was the spinning mop being demonstrated. I had one a few years ago and it is the most awkward thing to use.The bucket weighs a ton. It got binned very quickly.

5.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

I was hoping though, that they'd return with all the cleaning products the old channel used to do...there was one in particular called EGR that hand on heart was the best all rounder I've ever used, it was particularly good at removing stains from fabric...but no, it's a couple of mops and buckets, and fairly cheap stick vac...but you can probably buy a branded one in Robert Dyas for that price...and £25 for 50 microfibre cloths..come on! We all know you can buy a pack containing 5 or 6 in Poundland. I do like to give everything a chance, so I'll keep an eye on it, but from what I can see so far the products are cheaper and nastier than some of the stuff Bid and price drop used to sell, and that's really saying something!

7.    Price Crash TV

Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually disappointed, I suspected the products would be crap, but didn't think they'd be quite this crap and not only that....what a small assortment! You could fit the entire range into the back of a transit van and set it all up at your local market. I bought a really good set of suitcases from the old pricecrash many moons ago...they're a bit worn but still useable...I can't see anything on here lasting any more than three months, and that includes the channel. Watching online at the moment and they're selling a packs of mini scented candles bogof..so you get 12 unbranded really small scented candles for £15 plus another fiver postage...really? You can get a large yankee for that price, or a few smaller ones if they're having a sale...You'd have to be crazy to buy these!!!!!

9.    Gemporia / Amaozon Prime

Post Thanks / Like

I tried googling EGR, the results were all to do with some car engine valve cleaning or other, so I looked up "Elbow Grease Remover" as somewhere in the depths of my memory I dragged up the snippet that that is what EGR stood for and this came up: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Elbow-Grees.../dp/B003JSRS9G

11.    Advertisment

Post Thanks / Like

Don't think that's it...but I might give it a go as it says fabrics. The EGR I remember was in a blue bottle and when you squirted it onto a stain you could literally see it eating into it and it didn't damage the fabric either. Thanks!

13.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Same Bid Tv, different name. If they didn't want people to click who they were, maybe it would've been a good idea not to use the same style music or graphics.......just sayin'

As for the products, yes crap is the word, right down to those silicone loo brushes that QVC sold for £28 for one, Crash were selling two for £25, well I say were, I don't know if they still are because that's the only time I've looked.

15.    Crafting.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shopperholic View Post
      Same Bid Tv, different name. If they didn't want people to click who they were, maybe it would've been a good idea not to use the same style music or graphics.......just sayin'

As for the products, yes crap is the word, right down to those silicone loo brushes that QVC sold for £28 for one, Crash were selling two for £25, well I say were, I don't know if they still are because that's the only time I've looked.
      I wish it was! But I don't agree there. We all know that Bid sold a whole lot of crap - Let's think "Worry angels", plastic rear view mirrors, dodgy fragrances, flimsy bedding.....But they did sell quite a bit of stuff that wasn't half bad, there was a huge amount of choice in every category too. I know it's still early days and I've had another look at the website, and still each category has less than one page of products each...Fashion for instance, all there is a available is men's socks and men's pants, and incredibly poor quality ones by the looks of it! P&P at £4.99 is much better than £7.99 per item, but I honestly don't think there's one thing I'm even half tempted to buy! If I wanted some cheap crap to tide me over, I'll just pop down to Poundstretcher thanks!

17.    Sponsored Link

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by merryone View Post
      I wish it was! But I don't agree there. We all know that Bid sold a whole lot of crap - Let's think "Worry angels", plastic rear view mirrors, dodgy fragrances, flimsy bedding.....But they did sell quite a bit of stuff that wasn't half bad, there was a huge amount of choice in every category too. I know it's still early days and I've had another look at the website, and still each category has less than one page of products each...Fashion for instance, all there is a available is men's socks and men's pants, and incredibly poor quality ones by the looks of it! P&P at £4.99 is much better than £7.99 per item, but I honestly don't think there's one thing I'm even half tempted to buy! If I wanted some cheap crap to tide me over, I'll just pop down to Poundstretcher thanks!
      I think it's Bid Tv related, and as for the £7.99 p&p per item, I think they've learned by that mistake although now QVCs p&p isn't far off that now per item. I never seen anything on Bid Tv that would tempted me to buy, what I used to find funny though was Peter Sherlock waxing lyrical about the "Charlie" perfume and how good it was three for £29 plus £7.99 when they had it in the Home and Bargain for £4.99 a bottle, but as we always say, each to there own.

•   Alt

Advertising

advertising