Had a quick look...and oh dear!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
Don't have sky so I'm unable to view the channel but if the stuff on the website is anything to go by, then oh dear! The fashion section is all underwear and feature packs of socks that are sold in poundland, men's pants that you'd buy on a market stall, there's nothing of real substance, mostly little bits n' bobs you could pick up in one of the budget stores, mostly stuff you don't need. Anything of any substance they sell is probably available in Argos, maybe a little dearer, possibly even cheaper and even more probably than that - better quality. All I can say is "Oh dear!"

Don't have sky so I'm unable to view the channel but if the stuff on the website is anything to go by, then oh dear! The fashion section is all underwear and feature packs of socks that are sold in poundland, men's pants that you'd buy on a market stall, there's nothing of real substance, mostly little bits n' bobs you could pick up in one of the budget stores, mostly stuff you don't need. Anything of any substance they sell is probably available in Argos, maybe a little dearer, possibly even cheaper and even more probably than that - better quality. All I can say is "Oh dear!"

I had a quick look and it was the spinning mop being demonstrated. I had one a few years ago and it is the most awkward thing to use.The bucket weighs a ton. It got binned very quickly.

Haven't watched any of it yet, but I think I'm right in saying Derek Marks (ex-Gems and ex-TJC) is a presenter. If so, I'm amazed he's sunk to this - it sounds just dire.

I had a quick look and it was the spinning mop being demonstrated. I had one a few years ago and it is the most awkward thing to use.The bucket weighs a ton. It got binned very quickly.

I was hoping though, that they'd return with all the cleaning products the old channel used to do...there was one in particular called EGR that hand on heart was the best all rounder I've ever used, it was particularly good at removing stains from fabric...but no, it's a couple of mops and buckets, and fairly cheap stick vac...but you can probably buy a branded one in Robert Dyas for that price...and £25 for 50 microfibre cloths..come on! We all know you can buy a pack containing 5 or 6 in Poundland. I do like to give everything a chance, so I'll keep an eye on it, but from what I can see so far the products are cheaper and nastier than some of the stuff Bid and price drop used to sell, and that's really saying something!

I'm actually disappointed, I suspected the products would be crap, but didn't think they'd be quite this crap and not only that....what a small assortment! You could fit the entire range into the back of a transit van and set it all up at your local market. I bought a really good set of suitcases from the old pricecrash many moons ago...they're a bit worn but still useable...I can't see anything on here lasting any more than three months, and that includes the channel. Watching online at the moment and they're selling a packs of mini scented candles bogof..so you get 12 unbranded really small scented candles for £15 plus another fiver postage...really? You can get a large yankee for that price, or a few smaller ones if they're having a sale...You'd have to be crazy to buy these!!!!!

Don't think that's it...but I might give it a go as it says fabrics. The EGR I remember was in a blue bottle and when you squirted it onto a stain you could literally see it eating into it and it didn't damage the fabric either. Thanks!

Same Bid Tv, different name. If they didn't want people to click who they were, maybe it would've been a good idea not to use the same style music or graphics.......just sayin'

As for the products, yes crap is the word, right down to those silicone loo brushes that QVC sold for £28 for one, Crash were selling two for £25, well I say were, I don't know if they still are because that's the only time I've looked.

Same Bid Tv, different name. If they didn't want people to click who they were, maybe it would've been a good idea not to use the same style music or graphics.......just sayin'

As for the products, yes crap is the word, right down to those silicone loo brushes that QVC sold for £28 for one, Crash were selling two for £25, well I say were, I don't know if they still are because that's the only time I've looked.

I wish it was! But I don't agree there. We all know that Bid sold a whole lot of crap - Let's think "Worry angels", plastic rear view mirrors, dodgy fragrances, flimsy bedding.....But they did sell quite a bit of stuff that wasn't half bad, there was a huge amount of choice in every category too. I know it's still early days and I've had another look at the website, and still each category has less than one page of products each...Fashion for instance, all there is a available is men's socks and men's pants, and incredibly poor quality ones by the looks of it! P&P at £4.99 is much better than £7.99 per item, but I honestly don't think there's one thing I'm even half tempted to buy! If I wanted some cheap crap to tide me over, I'll just pop down to Poundstretcher thanks!

I wish it was! But I don't agree there. We all know that Bid sold a whole lot of crap - Let's think "Worry angels", plastic rear view mirrors, dodgy fragrances, flimsy bedding.....But they did sell quite a bit of stuff that wasn't half bad, there was a huge amount of choice in every category too. I know it's still early days and I've had another look at the website, and still each category has less than one page of products each...Fashion for instance, all there is a available is men's socks and men's pants, and incredibly poor quality ones by the looks of it! P&P at £4.99 is much better than £7.99 per item, but I honestly don't think there's one thing I'm even half tempted to buy! If I wanted some cheap crap to tide me over, I'll just pop down to Poundstretcher thanks!

I think it's Bid Tv related, and as for the £7.99 p&p per item, I think they've learned by that mistake although now QVCs p&p isn't far off that now per item. I never seen anything on Bid Tv that would tempted me to buy, what I used to find funny though was Peter Sherlock waxing lyrical about the "Charlie" perfume and how good it was three for £29 plus £7.99 when they had it in the Home and Bargain for £4.99 a bottle, but as we always say, each to there own.

I had a look at this channel the other day, they were selling a Shower Head which is something we need. Strangely on air I’m sure they wanted £30 & £5 P&P but on the website it is £15 & £5 P&P.

However, a quick look at eBay and the same product can be bought, including delivery, for £5.49!

What a ripoff :mysmilie_59:

https://www.pricecrash.tv/collections/house-home/products/turbo-pressure-ionic-shower-head-with-mineral-beads

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/High-Turbo-Pressure-Shower-Head-Bathroom-Powerful-Energy-Water-Saving-Filter/291992117531?hash=item43fc16211b:g:kuIAAOSwONBZDGIH

Well I came onto this site and price crash ad was flashing away and who should be on but David Ades...so I quickly wondered if he's back then maybe EGR cleaner's back, went straight over to the website and sure enough it was the first thing I saw in all its glory, so I ordered it immediately...Just hope it's the original formula (it looks like it is) so I'm looking forward to removing some old stains lol! But this is not why I'm posting. I went to check out my basket, when I was offered a mystery gift worth (or with a price tag of £100) for a mere £10 no extra P&P, so I thought "hey why not?" and added it...just about to check out, when I came to my senses and thought don't be silly it'll be a load of tat I don't want and decided to remove it forthwith, however it was not coming out of the basket...I was in a bit of a hurry, so rather than abandon the whole order and start again, I let it go through....OMG, yeah it's only a tenner, but what the F can it be?!!! There's nothing on the whole site that's remotely near that price, unless I'm gonna get a whole bunch of bits and bobs supposedly adding up to the promised £100 value...I just haven't got a clue...I'm kinda dreading it a bit, just hope it's nothing too big and bulky....any ideas folks? Answers on a postcard please lol!!!

Well I didn't have to wait long to find out, as my order's just arrived...got my cleaning products yay...and the mystery gift? I should've guessed... A rather cheap and nasty gent's watch with a sticker on the box that say's £99.95. Found the watch and others like it on Amazon and ebay and they retail for around the £15 mark! Yep ok, I guess I still got it cheap, and I wasn't expecting the world but to put on the website with a price tag of £100 is very misleading...I mean you can put a price sticker of whatever you like on anything you like...a packet of crisps if you wish. Wish I'd managed to take it out of the basket successfully at the time...now to try and get myself a refund..I mean it's no use to me as it's a gent's watch, and hubby doesn't like to wear a watch anyway and if I were to buy him one it'd be a darned sight nicer than that! D'oh! My own fault...can't believe I didn't guess it'd be a watch!

i got a mystery gift they are all the same thing the crappy watch binned it .the mystery gift should be taken off the website

i got a mystery gift they are all the same thing the crappy watch binned it .the mystery gift should be taken off the website

Or take the "mystery" away and just offer the blinking thing for a tenner - To be fair it's worth a tenner of anyone's money, wouldn't have bought it cos I don't want a cheap gent's watch, it's no good to me, and if I was going to gift a watch to someone...I'd buy 'em a decent one. But the "£100 price tag" line is really naughty...Like I said I was stupid, regretted it instantly and because I couldn't remove it from the basket I left it in ...Yep my own fault...I was under no illusions it was gonna be anything great, but if it turned out to be something I could've made use of in any way shape or form I'd have kept it! Come on Price crash...it is what it is a £15 watch (at the most) on sale for a tenner, you can't argue with that, so why try and mislead people?!!!

Merryone, could you tell me how your EGR worked?

Well I didn't have to wait long to find out, as my order's just arrived...got my cleaning products yay...and the mystery gift? I should've guessed... A rather cheap and nasty gent's watch with a sticker on the box that say's £99.95. Found the watch and others like it on Amazon and ebay and they retail for around the £15 mark! Yep ok, I guess I still got it cheap, and I wasn't expecting the world but to put on the website with a price tag of £100 is very misleading...I mean you can put a price sticker of whatever you like on anything you like...a packet of crisps if you wish. Wish I'd managed to take it out of the basket successfully at the time...now to try and get myself a refund..I mean it's no use to me as it's a gent's watch, and hubby doesn't like to wear a watch anyway and if I were to buy him one it'd be a darned sight nicer than that! D'oh! My own fault...can't believe I didn't guess it'd be a watch!
Merryone, could you tell me how your EGR worked. I can’t get that to work or there carpet cleaner. Thanks

Sorry only just saw this, but I still think it's a really good product..I like that you can use it on fabrics as well as hard surfaces...and works out very good value too!

Latest posts

Back