Anyone have a problem with the colour of a Lola Rose bracelet or other piece?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AmethystRox

Registered Shopper
I recently purchased a Lola Rose bracelet on her website during the sale. After wearing it about 5 -6 times the deep sapphire blue colour has come off. When I first received the bracelet (Tallia - a smallish style), it was a rich deep sapphire blue but today it is more light turquoise with some of the beads nearly cream, a lot of the grey markings are coming through, overall the deep blue finish that was strikingly beautiful is now splotchy and mostly gone. I think the stone is either howlite or magnesite and dyed.

A while back, LR did a lot of other bracelets, earrings and necklaces in this dyed stone style ... green, blue, reddish pink, burnt orange, flamingo pink, etc. and I was wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the colour coming off. I have not submerged it in water while showering or doing the washing up or spraying perfume on my wrist, just regular wear. Cannot figure out why the colour has come off at all and in such a short time. I have only had the bracelet a couple or three weeks. But will have to double check when I made the purchase.

I haven't contacted LR yet but will email them tomorrow about this. I hope that I can get it fixed, exchanged for another (though unlikely as it was on sale and probably out of stock now) or refunded.

It's happened to me too. A bracelet I wore last summer transferred its colour onto my wrist. Why do successful companies think that a drop in quality and standards will help their business in the long run?

Wonder how many QVC get back because of this and we never hear about it? That is why I am not a fan of the brightly dye stones she does not compared to the old days. Also the metal beads added which I am convinced with tarnish over time.

I've had colour fade from died purple items, both from, qvc and from lola rose direct.

I had colour transfer years ago on a piece, and have found that some items that I have stored out of sunlight have faded.

Not Lola Rose and nothing to do with QVC but I've had dreadful colour fade with some fuchsia chalcedony earrings. They're more like a faded rose pink these days. The ring from the same ring hasn't faded at all!!

Haven't had it with Lola Rose but I would be speaking to them if I had.

Not had a problem with the stones but I would never buy anything with the metal beads in. They tarnished terribly even though I take good care of all my jewellery.

i bought quite a few pieces in the sale most under £10.00 i have never had lola rose fade but all my stock its at least 10 years old. what a pain

Had a go a making my own jewellery and like Dawn Bibby of old, had a stash of semi-precious stones, some of Gem suppliers have their stones dyed hence the very vivid colours. Although I have not read about dye fading or coming off before, a lot of gems come from China and places like that so they probably have their own processes.

Latest posts

Back