Alpha H TSV 31/08/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Liquid Gold solution I'm using but the TSV with the Rose LG is the first venture into the creams.
I tried over nearly the full 30days but found the products harsh and causing reactions even though on strong allergy medication.
In the end gave up and returned, sorry LTL you ended up just binning yours and not getting your money back.

:sad:

I used to use Liquid Gold but then realised that the second ingredient (after water) is alcohol and the glycolic is only 5%. The tingle comes from your skin being pickled not so much the glycolic action! I moved over to The Ordinary's Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution. It is much cheaper (240ml for under £7) and a much better alcohol-free formula with aloe vera, amino acids, pepperberry and it is vegan.

I used to use Liquid Gold but then realised that the second ingredient (after water) is alcohol and the glycolic is only 5%. The tingle comes from your skin being pickled not so much the glycolic action! I moved over to The Ordinary's Glycolic Acid 7% Toning Solution. It is much cheaper (240ml for under £7) and a much better alcohol-free formula with aloe vera, amino acids, pepperberry and it is vegan.

Can you get that easily on the high street please?

Just Googled it and on Beautiful with Brains it gives a good review of the product against Pixie Glow. but says it will be irritating for sensitive skins.

Just Googled it and on Beautiful with Brains it gives a good review of the product against Pixie Glow. but says it will be irritating for sensitive skins.

I think any glycolic product has that potential. If you've sensitive skin then it's probably best to build up gradually and, as with all AHA products, everyone needs to wear sunscreen. The only things that are proven to work, whoever manufactures them, are those that challenge the skin into action. That's true whether we're talking AHA/BHA, retinols or even fractal lasers. Gentle stuff sadly has no longer term effect whatsoever no matter what the advertising pitch says.

depends on what irritates you. my niece can't use certain preservatives and looks out for that. me i can't abide essential oils and some perfumes but give me glycolic and i am happy. i bet the rose in the tsv was irritating people. that with glycolic sounds the culprit

In my opinion the tingle is from the glycolic because I also use the Pixi's Glow Tonic which has 5% glycolic, too, but is alcohol-free and---- it tingles.

There is a Deciem Shop in London where you can buy it.

Thanks Ani, my daughter had gone to Manchester and was trying to get me The Chemistry Hand and Heel, was thinking to text her to see if she could try this Glycolic too.
Sadly she wasn't successful with her jacket shopping at Primark out of stock, but did manage a small hand cream for her mum.

In my opinion the tingle is from the glycolic because I also use the Pixi's Glow Tonic which has 5% glycolic, too, but is alcohol-free and---- it tingles.

Alcohol in products are my problem, unable to use hair spray or deodorant if they contain alcohol.

According to alpha h facebook
The first TSV since May 2014 to feature more than 3 items ...
Expect 2 full sizes and 2 super sizes .....
It will NOT be Rose Gold in any shape or form ( although will be available on the day at a special price)
More hints coming soon ....

(Such a tease!!)

Latest posts

Back