Your name or email adress:
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up


    DISNEY THE MUPPETS CRAFT COLLECTION LAUNCHES ON CREATE AND CRAFT

    Following the highly successful launches of Disney craft collections since June 2016 including Disney Frozen, Disney Beauty and the Beast, Disney Winnie-the-Pooh and Disney The Lion King, Create and Craft TV has once again teamed up with Character World for a new craft collection. Launching 11th December 2017, this latest range of Disney crafting products features the much-loved characters from Disney The Muppets.

    This brand new craft collection includes character dies of Kermit the Frog.....

    READ MORE

    Results 1 to 8 of 8
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      3,122
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default When's a sale not a sale? When it's split pay!

      Well, it had to come, didn't it? Just spent a couple of minutes watching Angeline present a so-called "sale". Every couple of seconds, she says "it's gold under 100". Er, no Angeline, it isn't - it's items of jewellery costing (as far as I've seen so far) well over 100 each - it's only each split pay instalment that is under 100. Sale, what sale?



      This channel gets more schlocky by the day, sure sign the downward spiral is approaching.
      Likes Turandot, AndyW liked this post
       

    2. #2
      Join Date
      May 2017
      Posts
      75
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Yes, totally agree.

      To be honest, the Split Pay thing has always puzzled me. I understand why it's an advantage to a customer in the sense of affordability but there must be an bigger advantage to the retailer. I can only think of two things.

      Either it allows the retailer to inflate the price (however marginally) because the split pay amounts make it seem affordable still or it's because they can account for the unpaid balance as a creditor on their Balance Sheet.
      Thanks historymystery thanked for this post
       

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2014
      Location
      East London
      Posts
      2,410
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      I've often thought the flexi payments or easy pays just allows them to inflate their prices and draw more into buying the really expensive stuff.They are all doing it now.
      They always highlight the first payment as though its a good deal.

      On Gems the other day I heard a presenter ,Jessica describe their optic quartz items as " museum quality"Whatever that means .
      I think they are losing the plot ,but all jewellery channels seem to be struggling .
      Likes AndyW, historymystery liked this post
       

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      3,122
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Absolutely right, there has to be an advantage to the channel - the Bennetts are definitely hiking up the prices, there is no comparison to what you would have paid a year or 18 months ago and the quality has plummeted. One thing I'm pretty sure of - the Bennetts will make sure they aren't losing money by offering split pay - in spite of all the carp spouted, they are not in business to make a loss. Angeline has just told us that a 9K gold ring, with under 2 grams of gold in the shank and small Alexandrite stones in it, "would sell for 500-600". Yet more schlocky selling.
      Quote Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
      Yes, totally agree.

      To be honest, the Split Pay thing has always puzzled me. I understand why it's an advantage to a customer in the sense of affordability but there must be an bigger advantage to the retailer. I can only think of two things.

      Either it allows the retailer to inflate the price (however marginally) because the split pay amounts make it seem affordable still or it's because they can account for the unpaid balance as a creditor on their Balance Sheet.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      3,122
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      I heard that! When it comes to the baloney stakes, Jessica is right up there talking out of her......rear. They've made themselves look silly already, by previously claiming that they only sold genuine gemstone jewellery set in precious metal - next minute they are flogging perfumes and candles.



      Quote Originally Posted by Turandot View Post
      I've often thought the flexi payments or easy pays just allows them to inflate their prices and draw more into buying the really expensive stuff.They are all doing it now.
      They always highlight the first payment as though its a good deal.

      On Gems the other day I heard a presenter ,Jessica describe their optic quartz items as " museum quality"Whatever that means .
      I think they are losing the plot ,but all jewellery channels seem to be struggling .

    6. #6
      Join Date
      May 2017
      Posts
      75
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Or pearl bangle set in stainless steel.

      Oh cripes! It's a Diamond Split Pay Special next...

    7. #7
      Join Date
      May 2017
      Posts
      75
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      Ok, so there you go. Almost proof that split pay benefits the retailer in some way. Pic attached but website now offers 40% off but only on items marked as having split pay available.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CROP_20170812_114041.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	14423
      Likes historymystery liked this post
       

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Posts
      3,122
      Post Thanks / Like

      Default

      When you look at their prices now, and compare them to about 18 months ago, they have sky rocketed. A piece of Sarah Bennett jewellery that would have gone for 29.99-39.99 is now over 100 quid, and this is reflected across the whole of their ranges. My jaw dropped with shock looking at the prices during their so-called "sale" last week - what sort of business model puts up prices by 70% or more (in some cases, by over 100%), especially at the current time, when salaries are not increasing? It seems a recipe for disaster to me, split pay or no split pay - after all, people can't eat jewellery! Their jewellery used to be good value stuff, reasonably priced and way below what you would pay either online or the High Street, but that was years ago now, and the fact is that if you are looking to spend a bit of money, there are retailers out there selling better quality and cheaper.
      Quote Originally Posted by AndyW View Post
      Ok, so there you go. Almost proof that split pay benefits the retailer in some way. Pic attached but website now offers 40% off but only on items marked as having split pay available.
      Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CROP_20170812_114041.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	14423
      Last edited by historymystery; 12-08-2017 at 02:45 PM.

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •