Advanced orders beware

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

To add insult to injury they never contacted me to say the price charged would be higher. Surely that can't be right, to take a higher amount without notification to ask if I still wanted it at the higher price?
I just wish I'd kept the order confirmation email which I seem to have trashed.

I would ring them again and ask to speak with a customer service supervisor, don't hang up, say that you are happy to wait until they connect you with that person. A query by e-mail could be overlooked. It seems they should give you a proper answer verbally.

Good luck, Breeze.

I returned nail polish under the CCR. They didn't refund my postage charge saying I'd opened the pack. Of course I had. Each polish is in a bubble wrap and I had to open them to see the colours.
I cannot be bothered to battle them and it will be more expensive for them in terms of lost business. I'm much less inclined to buy from them than I used to be. I'm going to be even more so!

Their whole philosophy has always been that you can TRY things, even use nearly a whole pot of face cream (for example) and then return it for a refund.

That was their "unique selling point".

Without that, they are nothing!

I returned nail polish under the CCR. They didn't refund my postage charge saying I'd opened the pack. Of course I had. Each polish is in a bubble wrap and I had to open them to see the colours.
I cannot be bothered to battle them and it will be more expensive for them in terms of lost business. I'm much less inclined to buy from them than I used to be. I'm going to be even more so!

i have said this many times reading qvc customer service they remind me of the old catalogues that try and scam you at every turn. putting charges on your account even if you paid on time. never receiving returned goods. all done to squeeze the customer dry

Their whole philosophy has always been that you can TRY things, even use nearly a whole pot of face cream (for example) and then return it for a refund.

i never believe qvc . its to hope you won't ever return anything. most people don't and they base their business model on that

Be VIGILANT of their p&p

I can't believe that they don't keep a record of an item's price at any given time and date. They can certainly see the exact date and time you ordered. That said I've had to argue over an OTO that was shown with free p&p on air but came up with postage charges when I ordered on line. I took a photo of the show anticipating an argument. It still took a string of emails for the numpty to realise what I was saying, insisting that the OTO price only lasted for just that specific hour! Finally I got may postage refunded but I think when they read an email they latch on to a key word and fire off a template response! Even a good outcome leaves one frustrated!
I don't suppose there's mention of the item number of this forum; say a thread about it or mention of it's price that day? I know QVC won't say it's reliable evidence but it's worth doing a search maybe? Good luck!

I don't quite know what's going wrong with QVC but they're starting to make an awful lot of mistakes. I encountered this myself just last night.

I had ordered their beauty pick of the month on 27th July. I ordered 2 items and it came to £90. As we all know, their beauty pick of the month is shipped with free postage. I watched the live show on the 27th and although they'd run out of the product by then they stated that any orders placed now would be honoured at the same price with the free postage and would be shipped out the week commencing 7th August. To be honest I forgot all about this until Saturday 12th August. I realised I should probably have received my items by now so I went online to check the order status. It said 'awaiting stock'. I decided to leave it a couple more days to see if this would change. By 14th they were still waiting for stock so I phoned their 'award winning customer service' department. The woman I spoke to said the items were now in stock and ASSURED me that my order would be sent out that day. It wasnt! It wasn't shipped out until 2 days later, and when I received my email telling me that my items were winging their way to me I noticed that they'd slapped on £7.42 p&p. So, back on to their customer service department and the man I spoke to reimbursed me for the p&p which I should never have been charged in the first place. Not sure what's going on with QVC but their mistakes are now so numerous that something is definitely going wrong with this company. All the mistakes seem to work ONLY in their favour, so folks, PLEASE check your orders CAREFULLY in future. Sneakily adding p&p charges when they don't apply is easy to miss. Please be vigilant when dealing with this company!

Last edited:
what a pain in the prosteria. i don't expect to have to check every detail in these modern times. every order has some major irritation

I spoke to CS yesterday and then placed an order at the same time; as the CS bod read my total spend back to me I queried it and she said, "Oh it's charged your postage twice, that happens sometimes, it's just one of those glitches!" Well it's a glitch that works in Q's favour; I'm sure any glitch in the customer's favour would be ironed out quick smart! Had I rushed through an order on Q cut or online I might have missed that glitch altogether!
Check you're p&p folks!

Now it seems they have a formula for how much product one person should use in the 30 days. You use too much and they send it back to you and refuse to refund! This has come up on their Facebook pages a number of times over past months.

Dragging this thread back up as I've just spent the last hour going through this year's invoices with a fine tooth comb.

I came across an order from April that was on AO and two EP. It arrived in July, with the correct postage, BUT they'd charged both the original FULL price AND the EPs!

So, thank you Breeze. I'd read your post originally, but only got around to checking now. I could hug you!

Oh, also discovered two random items from 2011 and 2013 smack in the middle of the 2017 items. Anyone had that and should I be worried they're gonna charge me for them, too?

Latest posts

Back