Cozee Home TSV 09/09/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm tragically excited about this TSV - finally succumbed to the set of printed and plain throws that was a previous TSV and LOVE them, they're sooooooo soft, love them!

I'm tragically excited about this TSV - finally succumbed to the set of printed and plain throws that was a previous TSV and LOVE them, they're sooooooo soft, love them!

I'm worried about liking it. I have so much fleecy stuff in my house already. I'm about to consolidate all my fleecy throws so I can remind myself that I don't need any more fleece throws or bedding!!

SCW, I know it's still more than a week away, but any hints re this TSV please? I need to know whether or not I'll be tempted and plan accordingly!

I love them too! I bought a similar TSV (a set of two in toning shades). Swore I wouldn't ever like that sort of thing, but I do! They really are so soft and snuggly. And light too!

i can't say i ever wanted anything in this range until i visited my sister who is devoted to the range and i can't blame her

I only have one set and now I live in a warm well insulated flat I just use the duvet cover on its own. I don't even use the bottom sheet. At present I am on holiday and the bed has a duvet on it which I use to cover my feet. I have a small fleece blanket which I cover my torso with. Plenty hot enough

I'm confused, the above postings seems to be a 'rare thing' here on the forum as whole, a series of postings that are paying complements to not just a Brand shown on QVC, but a propriotary brand. I have been interested in fleecy duvets and covers etc and on the back of QVC Northern Nights hour talking about Brushed Cotton (and Cosy Homes similar), I thought I would go and have a browse, I must say that I can definatly feel the difference in the winter, I might have a 'gander', but the problem is it will probably be a 'set', when all I would want is a duvet cover and pillow case. Might be worth (dare I say it), checking in. I know I have said this before about other things, but there always seems to be some sort of 'niggle', or it could be just be me thinking that shopping on the 'white noise channel' is a little beneath me :mysmilie_50:

I'm confused, the above postings seems to be a 'rare thing' here on the forum as whole, a series of postings that are paying complements to not just a Brand shown on QVC, but a propriotary brand. I have been interested in fleecy duvets and covers etc and on the back of QVC Northern Nights hour talking about Brushed Cotton (and Cosy Homes similar), I thought I would go and have a browse, I must say that I can definatly feel the difference in the winter, I might have a 'gander', but the problem is it will probably be a 'set', when all I would want is a duvet cover and pillow case. Might be worth (dare I say it), checking in. I know I have said this before about other things, but there always seems to be some sort of 'niggle', or it could be just be me thinking that shopping on the 'white noise channel' is a little beneath me :mysmilie_50:

Yorkrose26, I've only tried a few of the Q proprietary brands, so can't comment more broadly, but certainly I am obsessed with Cozee Home as everything I have bought so far has been excellent quality and most definitely lived up to the hype. My most recent purchases were a couple of their fleecy dressing gowns (in Clearance) and I am actually counting down the days until it's cold enough to wear them, they are that lush :)

I've become addicted to the 'angel plush' products in the range: they are silky-cool to the touch, and I've used mine, all through 'summer'. They're a bit pricier, and there are fewer designs in the 'angel plush', so when I see one, I snap it up, if finances allow.

We've also got a few of their throws, which we love, and I've got the 'angel plush' wrap, in about four colours.

Did I mention that I'm obsessed?

:mysmilie_50:

Cozee Homes is a bit polarising - there are those who find it very staticky and too hot, and those who shudder at the thought of the polyester... I loved fleece already so was open to the possibility I would love it, and have never regretted buying CH products. The bedding sets are better quality than similar items sold elsewhere. I did return some diddy throws last year as I found them disappointing both in size and weight (although a stunning colour and super-soft).

I bought the angel plush, and expected to utterly love it... but I find it very heavy - beautifully silky and soft though it is. I've given my two sets with angel plush away (one is 100% angel plus, the other is 50-50 microfleece and angel plush). I've just kept my 2 microfleece sets. I would caution anyone with angel plush to be careful when washing it as the weight when wet could be enough to wreck a domestic washing machine. I used to take mine down the laundrette.

I've not gone down the CH throws, onesie or dressing gown route. I have a bad enough obsession with fleece throws and Slankets (I had 4 Slankets and have given 2 away, and I cannot bear to part with any of my fleece throws). I was torn with the large ultra fluffy fleece throw doubles they did last year, but sat on the fence until the colour combinations I fancied had sold out completely. I have 2 M&S dressing gowns which are more on the plush end than the microfleece end of the scale... so again, can't really justify getting involved in a CH TSV for these. One of the M&S ones is incredibly heavy and reserved for the coldest weather... I have never found another of similar quality for the price again.

I've now concluded that if I was to decide to go in for another CH bedding TSV it must be a one in, one out scenario. Bedding is (relatively) easy to enforce that rule, as I don't get so emotionally attached to it, but throws are a whole other subject!

If you were to decide that CH is not for you, then the NN flannel bedding might be an alternative. Personally I find flannel bedlinen very heavy and I hate the fluff that comes off them. We're all different and what is dreamy and wonderful to one person won't necessarily be another's cup of tea.

I sleep under the normal cosy home duvet cover. No duvet in it. I love it and I also have a small fleece blanket from Sainsbury that I wrap around me if the CH is too warm. My flat is warm

Cozee Homes is a bit polarising - there are those who find it very staticky and too hot, and those who shudder at the thought of the polyester... I loved fleece already so was open to the possibility I would love it, and have never regretted buying CH products. The bedding sets are better quality than similar items sold elsewhere. I did return some diddy throws last year as I found them disappointing both in size and weight (although a stunning colour and super-soft).

I bought the angel plush, and expected to utterly love it... but I find it very heavy - beautifully silky and soft though it is. I've given my two sets with angel plush away (one is 100% angel plus, the other is 50-50 microfleece and angel plush). I've just kept my 2 microfleece sets. I would caution anyone with angel plush to be careful when washing it as the weight when wet could be enough to wreck a domestic washing machine. I used to take mine down the laundrette.

I've not gone down the CH throws, onesie or dressing gown route. I have a bad enough obsession with fleece throws and Slankets (I had 4 Slankets and have given 2 away, and I cannot bear to part with any of my fleece throws). I was torn with the large ultra fluffy fleece throw doubles they did last year, but sat on the fence until the colour combinations I fancied had sold out completely. I have 2 M&S dressing gowns which are more on the plush end than the microfleece end of the scale... so again, can't really justify getting involved in a CH TSV for these. One of the M&S ones is incredibly heavy and reserved for the coldest weather... I have never found another of similar quality for the price again.

I've now concluded that if I was to decide to go in for another CH bedding TSV it must be a one in, one out scenario. Bedding is (relatively) easy to enforce that rule, as I don't get so emotionally attached to it, but throws are a whole other subject
If you were to decide that CH is not for you, then the NN flannel bedding might be an alternative. Personally I find flannel bedlinen very heavy and I hate the fluff that comes off them. We're all different and what is dreamy and wonderful to one person won't necessarily be another's cup of tea.

I love the angel plush - roll around in the bed like a dog when I get in. I only use it in summer as I find it too cold for winter. I've just taken it off and replaced it with my normal CH, but when it gets really cold, I'll be putting the fake mink version on. My normal fleece feels really harsh now compared to the angel plush, though, to be fair, it is an older, well-worn set and I have noticed they lose their fluffiness after a while.

I know exactly what you mean about it getting very heavy when wet. I have a superking and an 8KG washer, but have to do the duvet cover and the sheet separately. My washer really hates bedding days.

I discovered Cozee Home 2-3 years ago and bought every TSV going until I realised how ridiculous that was as they are all piled up in bags on the top of the wardrobe. My niece saw it all and said, "Andi, how many beds have you got?!". I do still love the stuff and agree that the quality is better than anything similar I've bought elsewhere. However, I have had one item which pilled badly - bits are still shed when in use. I also have a bottom sheet and two duvet covers which developed a strange texture after a couple of washes, where the pile has sort of separated and it's not as silky smooth when you run your hand over it. I tried asking QVC for advice but that was (unsurprisingly) a complete waste of time which I thought was really poor when it's their own brand and if anyone should know, they should. I decided it might be that I used to use powder in the washing machine so now only use liquid wash. This may be helping with the newer sets I've got but it has certainly not reversed the problem on the bad items.

I loved the heated throws TSV last year - I bought two and they got so much use last year when I was cosying up of an evening. I don't need more of those, but I definitely don't need more CH bedding so I doubt I'll be tempted by the imminent TSV. I will still have a look, naturally!

I discovered Cozee Home 2-3 years ago and bought every TSV going until I realised how ridiculous that was as they are all piled up in bags on the top of the wardrobe. My niece saw it all and said, "Andi, how many beds have you got?!". I do still love the stuff and agree that the quality is better than anything similar I've bought elsewhere. However, I have had one item which pilled badly - bits are still shed when in use. I also have a bottom sheet and two duvet covers which developed a strange texture after a couple of washes, where the pile has sort of separated and it's not as silky smooth when you run your hand over it. I tried asking QVC for advice but that was (unsurprisingly) a complete waste of time which I thought was really poor when it's their own brand and if anyone should know, they should. I decided it might be that I used to use powder in the washing machine so now only use liquid wash. This may be helping with the newer sets I've got but it has certainly not reversed the problem on the bad items.

I loved the heated throws TSV last year - I bought two and they got so much use last year when I was cosying up of an evening. I don't need more of those, but I definitely don't need more CH bedding so I doubt I'll be tempted by the imminent TSV. I will still have a look, naturally!

Are you my twin?!

I also have loads of sets as I panic buy at the thought of not being able to get something I love in the future. Like you, my problems with CH are:

Where to store when not on the bed? They're impossible to fold down to a manageable size unless I use one of those suck out bags.
How to keep them soft?

My first set have stayed softer than the second set, but they're a different kind of fleece. The first set pilled quite badly. The second/third sets have, as you've mentioned, developed a strange texture.

My newest set is the one I have higher hopes for. I'm only washing them in Woolite at low temperature, on a gentle cycle. This is where I miss my old cotton sets - I like to hot wash my bedding. I shower at night before bed and have a wool duvet and either wool or memory foam pillows and a memory foam mattress, so dust mites apparently won't be a problem as they can't live in these items. I'm still not totally comfortable on low temp bedding washing, though.

I've only ever line dried so I can't blame tumble drying and my older sets have only been washed at 30 degrees.

ETA: Both Aldi and Lidl sell heated throws, Aldi's are gorgeous, supremely soft. Both have a 3 year guarantee. My Lidl one went bang just before the 3 years, I rang them and they sent a new one out within days. They were both £30. I can't wait to see them in store again this year, though Lidl currently have a heated cape in store now.

I have a couple of sets of CH bedding and love them during the Winter. I`m tempted by one of their dressing gowns but the only one available in my size is the extra fluffy one and I`m not sure I`d like it. The one other dressing gown on Q is sold out in the smaller size and the L/XL seems to be huge judging by the reviews.

I have a couple of sets of CH bedding and love them during the Winter. I`m tempted by one of their dressing gowns but the only one available in my size is the extra fluffy one and I`m not sure I`d like it. The one other dressing gown on Q is sold out in the smaller size and the L/XL seems to be huge judging by the reviews.

Vienna, I bought that dressing gown in S/M (which is now only available in L/XL) and can confirm it is very roomy...although I don't think having too much of the amazingly soft and squishy material would be a problem in my books :)

Latest posts

Back