Cozee Home TSV 09/09/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Are you my twin?!

I also have loads of sets as I panic buy at the thought of not being able to get something I love in the future. Like you, my problems with CH are:

Where to store when not on the bed? They're impossible to fold down to a manageable size unless I use one of those suck out bags.
How to keep them soft?

My first set have stayed softer than the second set, but they're a different kind of fleece. The first set pilled quite badly. The second/third sets have, as you've mentioned, developed a strange texture.

My newest set is the one I have higher hopes for. I'm only washing them in Woolite at low temperature, on a gentle cycle. This is where I miss my old cotton sets - I like to hot wash my bedding. I shower at night before bed and have a wool duvet and either wool or memory foam pillows and a memory foam mattress, so dust mites apparently won't be a problem as they can't live in these items. I'm still not totally comfortable on low temp bedding washing, though.

I've only ever line dried so I can't blame tumble drying and my older sets have only been washed at 30 degrees.

ETA: Both Aldi and Lidl sell heated throws, Aldi's are gorgeous, supremely soft. Both have a 3 year guarantee. My Lidl one went bang just before the 3 years, I rang them and they sent a new one out within days. They were both £30. I can't wait to see them in store again this year, though Lidl currently have a heated cape in store now.

Ha, you are my alter ego - that's why I named you this on the forum! You will never get away from me, mwahahahaha!

But seriously, the washing is quite a problem for me. I haven't tried Woolite but if you are getting good results, maybe I will give it a go. Like you, I prefer hotter washes but have been very careful always to wash Cozee Home stuff at 30 degrees.

And on that subject, the 30 degree wash cycle on my machine doesn't include a proper spin at the end so I have to re-spin it but it still seems quite wet when I've done that. Maybe my machine is past its best (see below). Also, I've tried tumble-drying and not tumble drying, instead hanging near a radiator, for example. But despite what people say about how fast they dry, personally a couple of times last winter, I struggled to get the duvet covers in particular dry - the seams, especially the fastening edges where the fabric is thicker, seemed to stay damp and on more than one occasion, I had to put things back in the wash because I got that horrible damp feet pong off them from being left not thoroughly dry. I didn't get this the year before - I think I need to update my washing machine and drier - they've served me well but I wonder if more modern ones would handle all this better.

Despite all that, I do still love CH!

Thanks for the tip about Aldi/Lidl heated throws.

Ha, you are my alter ego - that's why I named you this on the forum! You will never get away from me, mwahahahaha!

But seriously, the washing is quite a problem for me. I haven't tried Woolite but if you are getting good results, maybe I will give it a go. Like you, I prefer hotter washes but have been very careful always to wash Cozee Home stuff at 30 degrees.

And on that subject, the 30 degree wash cycle on my machine doesn't include a proper spin at the end so I have to re-spin it but it still seems quite wet when I've done that. Maybe my machine is past its best (see below). Also, I've tried tumble-drying and not tumble drying, instead hanging near a radiator, for example. But despite what people say about how fast they dry, personally a couple of times last winter, I struggled to get the duvet covers in particular dry - the seams, especially the fastening edges where the fabric is thicker, seemed to stay damp and on more than one occasion, I had to put things back in the wash because I got that horrible damp feet pong off them from being left not thoroughly dry. I didn't get this the year before - I think I need to update my washing machine and drier - they've served me well but I wonder if more modern ones would handle all this better.

Despite all that, I do still love CH!

Thanks for the tip about Aldi/Lidl heated throws.

most things can't be washed at high temperatures and most washing machines don't heat at the highest level anyway according to which? i put a cap of dettol in the wash for certain items. i only use the pound land dettol

most things can't be washed at high temperatures and most washing machines don't heat at the highest level anyway according to which? i put a cap of dettol in the wash for certain items. i only use the pound land dettol

I use Napisan in my washes alongside washing powder... works a treat.

And straight away, two helpful suggestions that I am going to try! Thank you so much.

Oh, I'm not sure that design is for me but I expect it will be popular and at least it makes a change from the dots, stripes and plain. Different colours, too.

Oh, I'm not sure that design is for me but I expect it will be popular and at least it makes a change from the dots, stripes and plain. Different colours, too.

Me too - have too much bedding already so much as I quite like the colours and the design, it's not enough to sacrifice anything I already have. I'm bound to be tempted by something else tomorrow though...!

I`m really not keen on that pattern. I was considering buying my son and DIL a set but they`re young and modern and I doubt they`d like that style. DIL stayed here for a night last Winter and raved about the CH bedding but I have the striped version.

I don't have any pictures or patterns of birds in my house- it's an old Italian superstition that I've inherited.... so, sadly, it's a 'no' from me too.

was the most popular design in an ex tsv from last year so not surprised

Cozee Home Winter Birds Velvet Soft Printed 4 Piece Duvet Set
Item Number: 806247

P&P £5.95

Single QVC Price £45.00 Todays Special Value Price £37.00

Double QVC Price £57.00 Todays Special Value Price £45.00

King QVC Price £61.00 Todays Special Value Price £49.00

Super King QVC Price £67.00 Todays Special Value Price £55.00

This soft-to-touch four-piece duvet set from Cozee Home includes a duvet cover and two housewife pillowcases with a pretty bird print on the front, plus a plain fitted sheet, all made from cosy Velvetsoft and fleece fabric. Add this supremely snuggly collection to your bedroom and create a comfy haven to see you through the chillier seasons.

Choose from five gorgeous colours - the neutral Silver and Latte options will complement any décor perfectly, or you can add a flush of colour to your bedroom with Navy, Dusky Pink or Dusky Blue. Mix up your look by switching between the bird print and plain reverse for a versatile range of décor styling options.

Jump into your snuggly bed - thanks to the Velvetsoft and fleece fabric, you'll be enveloped in soft, comfy bedding all night long - no more dreaded cold sheet shock! Feeling as lightweight as sports performance fleece, this special fabric helps to keep you warm throughout the night, whilst wicking away moisture, helping to regulate your body temperature so that you experience a comfortable night’s sleep.

Easy Cozee care - this bedding is a dream when it comes to laundry day. The machine washable fleece is fast drying, perfect if you need a quick spin, and it doesn't require any ironing!

100% polyester
Machine washable at 30C
Button fastening

Contains:

1 x duvet cover - printed front and plain reverse
1 x fitted sheet - plain
2 x housewife pillowcases - printed front and plain reverse

Colour options:

Silver
Navy
Latte
Dusky Pink
Dusky Blue (aqua green colour)

Measurements:

Duvet cover (l x w)

Single: 135cm x 200cm (53" x 79")
Double: 200cm x 200cm (79" x 79")
King: 230cm x 220cm (91" x 87")
Super King: 260cm x 220cm (102" x 87")

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.806247

Doesn't seem like a great TSV price to me, especially factoring in the 6 quid P&P????

This sounds very similar to one of the TSVs they did last year. Annoyingly they had 2 patterns, and the pattern I liked was on the colours which I liked least (which is probably a merciful release for my purse and my stockpile of all fleecy loveliness).

The prices for CH, same as for almost all the popular brands across the QVC repertoire, are creeping upwards relentlessly. And of course what they do with P&P is disgraceful and disingenuous.:mysmilie_11::mysmilie_10:

Latest posts

Back