Stupid Yankee Candle

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Why are they talking about these candles as if the fragrances are real? They are NOT! They are synthetic chemicals!

Not keen on that new guest with her straggly hair and incessant giggling. And as for Miceal, he's just told us he wears a rose fragrance! Not keen on him at all.

Now they are talking about a "sea spray" candle, which no doubt smells like Harpic toilet cleaner.

I like a lot of them but I only buy tarts so I'm not shelling out £30 or £40 a time. I think quite a few are very like the real scents but they're not for everyone.

CC

Why are they talking about these candles as if the fragrances are real? They are NOT! They are synthetic chemicals!

Not keen on that new guest with her straggly hair and incessant giggling. And as for Miceal, he's just told us he wears a rose fragrance! Not keen on him at all.

Now they are talking about a "sea spray" candle, which no doubt smells like Harpic toilet cleaner.

How very dare you, Julius! :wink:

So glad I'm not the only one.

Many years ago I'd love smelling the different fragrances. Now, however, I've developed allergies to quite a few chemicals and can just about burn food grade oil candles. I have an asthma attack if I spend too long in the laundry aisle - mainly as it's normally opposite air fresheners. And much as I love the smell of fresh laundry, those in-wash granules gave me an attack after puffing the air out to see if I liked the scent!

I'm happy to see that Glade candles do (or did when I looked a few years ago), have an allergy warning on the label. Can anyone tell me if Yankee puts a warning on any of their products?

yankee do and they list the culprits. its horses for courses some yankees are superb some are vile some are strong and some have no scent. overall though if you can get to a store and check them out before you buy thats a good idea. or if you go by qvc you could end up with a dud

So glad I'm not the only one.

Many years ago I'd love smelling the different fragrances. Now, however, I've developed allergies to quite a few chemicals and can just about burn food grade oil candles. I have an asthma attack if I spend too long in the laundry aisle - mainly as it's normally opposite air fresheners. And much as I love the smell of fresh laundry, those in-wash granules gave me an attack after puffing the air out to see if I liked the scent!

I'm happy to see that Glade candles do (or did when I looked a few years ago), have an allergy warning on the label. Can anyone tell me if Yankee puts a warning on any of their products?

I know what you mean, I have asthma and the sane things set me off.

I cannot tolerate YC's Fresh Cut Roses - makes me cough and my eyes water, so I'm guessing it's the synthetic rose scent that's the culprit.

We have never been a 'fragrance family' as I have 'inherited' my mothers DNA for being very sensitive to perfumes and smells, however we do use Princes Kitchen deodoriser in the Kitchen (strangely enough) and that has no smell as such, but it somehow does manage to 'clear the air' (especially when someone has had smoked Salmon, which whilst may be healthy does make the smell linger!. So no. I have been into shops where they sell Yankee Candles and they were lighting them and I can't say I was overly enamoured (certainly not to the point of buying them). No you are right though with have they describe them, as if they use chandlers (perfurme), and 'noses', I hardly think a 'nose' who has had to train for nearly a decade, to get to the 'pinnacle' of their career would then want to work for a synthetic candle company, sorry 'the worlds best scented candle' company!

I really can't cope with Christmas Memories. It brings on a migraine and makes me feel so nauseous every time I smell it!

Oh those awful in wash scent boosters mentioned above, I've passed people in the street reeking of them, they are truly nauseating.
I want my washing to smell clean, not of added yukky fragrance. I read somewhere that a plumber was warning about those things, saying they are causing a build up of slime in washing machine pipes, which then congeals and causes less than fragrant smells, so beware of those.

Yankee Clean Cotton candle doesn't smell like clean to me, just sickly.

i used to hate christmas memories but i think they changed it. my sister was burning it one christmas and now its part of my xmas collection love it. a real bakery christmas headbanger lol

I buy St Eval candles - Joy all year round & Figgy Pudding or Orange & Cinnamon at Christmas. Also love the melts & candles in tins from The Country Candle Co. Yankee mirror the Q as far as I'm concerned, both resting on their laurels.

yankee do and they list the culprits. its horses for courses some yankees are superb some are vile some are strong and some have no scent. overall though if you can get to a store and check them out before you buy thats a good idea. or if you go by qvc you could end up with a dud

If you do get duds you send them back. I've sent back several sets of votives before I stopped buying them - half burned as well.

CC

Mr CC doesn't like Café al Fresco (and actually neither do I). He asked me if I'd burned the coffee pot the other day :mysmilie_17:

CC

If you do get duds you send them back. I've sent back several sets of votives before I stopped buying them - half burned as well.

CC
i thankfully dont rely on qvc to buy yankees anymore plus qvc are so awkward to return stuff. well done for sending them back. i did that with the last set of prices

Latest posts

Back