Awful Cozee Home advert

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Oh my GOD! How NAUSEATING is that advert? That sickly voice-over, "I feel comfort when the kids have that warm healthy glow," It's not just a home, it's a sanctuary, a nest!" Then the horribly staged and contrived actors rushing round, and the husband reading a book in bed. Yuck! Is that the vision of family life to we we should aspire? How many households have the perfect home, the angelic children and model partner?

I'd rather see rice krispies on the floor, and the laundry basket overflowing and the mountain of debt letters on the doormat, and all the dishes in the sink!

It's like when you see mother and daughter baking with the Kitchenaid at Easter, but I think the best one is at Christmas when the mum and dad are flaked out on the couch and in the background you see the grey haired grandparents smiling on watching their grandkids playing with their toys and Christmas wrapping paper all over the place, all done in slo mo. If you ever need to look up "stereotypical" in the dictionary you'll find it under "Q"

The thing is this image sells stuff. i would bet there is research on it. People really believe they should live this way, and some do. But in my opinion it also creates insecurities in people who think they must aspire to it.
Most of Qs adverts ,which is what they are ,are shot in pristine shiny top of the range kitchenns ,or sitting rooms.
I think of these promos only as advertising and don't get into them.In fact most are annoying.

My house with 3 cats a large dog and a builder hubby is never going to look that pristine ,but it is a home.

The thing is this image sells stuff. i would bet there is research on it. People really believe they should live this way, and some do. But in my opinion it also creates insecurities in people who think they must aspire to it.
Most of Qs adverts ,which is what they are ,are shot in pristine shiny top of the range kitchenns ,or sitting rooms.
I think of these promos only as advertising and don't get into them.In fact most are annoying.

My house with 3 cats a large dog and a builder hubby is never going to look that pristine ,but it is a home.

I agree, if it wasn't proven to shift merch then they simply wouldn't do it.

I wonder how much merchandise is shifted after continually seeing ****** Amanda Holden permanently on the Home page of Q's website !!! God Almighty they must have paid her mega bucks to use her promotion on every break as well. I'm hoping its had the opposite effect to the one Q want, and everyone is avoiding her and her tat like the plague !

I love the white sofas in adverts, always makes me crack up! There's only me, husband and the cat here except when friends or family visit, but I can assure you the sofa wouldn't be white for long. We'd spend more time cleaning it than sitting on it, unless I could persuade the cat to wear a boiler suit and wipe his paws on the mat.

I agree, if it wasn't proven to shift merch then they simply wouldn't do it.

I wonder how much merchandise is shifted after continually seeing ****** Amanda Holden permanently on the Home page of Q's website !!! God Almighty they must have paid her mega bucks to use her promotion on every break as well. I'm hoping its had the opposite effect to the one Q want, and everyone is avoiding her and her tat like the plague !

I'd assume that they are happy to waste money on an Amanda Holden as it's pure vanity on their part.. but generally there is no wasted motion in anything they put on screen.

Latest posts

Back