Thought you'd like to know................

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
That after listening to the tripe that Chloe has been spouting about her school days with the temporary guest of Nina Leonard, I've just vented my spleen with a fired off email to QVC. As follows ..............

"Clearly the Presenters have received an edict to prattle on and on and on about anything that isn't related to the item being sold. We wait and wait for sizing, colours etc while the price of Chardonnay, the name of a song they cannot remember, their GCE results etc etc are discussed - and not forgetting the farce that is never knowing what colour a garment is ! Has the CEO never challenged the appropriate department on this ?

Currently Chloe is talking of school days - WHY ????? and then we are asked to 'tweet' in.

I do not tune in to listen to this garbage on a daily basis, which is getting worse and so patently obvious week in and week out.

I have spent a lot of money with QVC in the past 15 years, but gradually I am being eroded away from your Channel because of this inane and pointless chatter, as well as other issues.

Please pass this on to the Manager of the Presenters. Thank you."

someone on their facebook page was saying the same thing. Presenters going on and on and and on, then in the last few seconds giving measurements of items. Customers need to know these first.

I sent an email last week regarding an item which has on the website for the past few weeks showing as in stock but when added to basket says sorry out of stock.

No reply (shucks what a surprise) and it's still showing as in stock.

That after listening to the tripe that Chloe has been spouting about her school days with the temporary guest of Nina Leonard, I've just vented my spleen with a fired off email to QVC. As follows ..............

"Clearly the Presenters have received an edict to prattle on and on and on about anything that isn't related to the item being sold. We wait and wait for sizing, colours etc while the price of Chardonnay, the name of a song they cannot remember, their GCE results etc etc are discussed - and not forgetting the farce that is never knowing what colour a garment is ! Has the CEO never challenged the appropriate department on this ?

Currently Chloe is talking of school days - WHY ????? and then we are asked to 'tweet' in.

I do not tune in to listen to this garbage on a daily basis, which is getting worse and so patently obvious week in and week out.

I have spent a lot of money with QVC in the past 15 years, but gradually I am being eroded away from your Channel because of this inane and pointless chatter, as well as other issues.

:mysmilie_458:

This is brilliant, brissles! Who the flip wants to know about their private lives, the wine they like, their daughter's medical degree (yes, Kathy, I do mean you), ad infinitum? We want FACTS about the item in question. I think they ramble on to try to cover up the fact that they can't think of anything positive to say about the product, and/or they haven't done their homework on it. The lack of preparation is astonishing, if anyone gave a presentation at work in this manner they'd get the order of the tin-tack. They badly need a shakeup at Q.

Well done Brissles .Its definately getting worse. I think with less " designers "around the guests and stylists have become much more chummy,less professional and more likely to get into their own stuff.Lesley Ebbetts is the exception and possibly the Lulu G lady.

Love it, Brissles! How about well and truly throwing the cat amongst the pigeons by forwarding on that email to the QVC US CEO, Mike George ([email protected])!!!!!

This has been mentioned before regarding to the presenting antics and the 'magazine' over 'selly telly'. I know some people may be interested in this 'inane' chat and indeed what Chloe liked to watch as a child or indeed that CH is living in a building site, but the majority of us don't thank you very much, as such the channel is probably going to loose custom, but as they are keen to 'delight' in the new customers joining all the time, I don't think (no offence), that they will actually care. Loyalty doesn't really matter the bigger the company/corporation is as the company has enough custom not to care!

Well done brissles. The only thing missing in your list was Chuntley's periods!!!! Perhaps you could add that if you fwd it to the US CEO. I think an American boss would be horrified ( not meaning to stereotype there!).

The one topic of on-air conversation which appears to be taboo on QVC UK these days is product information!

I wouldn't be surprised if QVC's return rates are heading in an upwards direction, as any relevant information is given as a grudging afterthought, if the lazy so and so's haven't just advised customers to call Liverpool for the basic information needed to make a purchase decision!

If I was a brand I would be furious, and caught in the horns of a dilemma. Airtime cannot be cheap, so quitting in disgust is a hard step to take when an hour can shift more than the brand does in the rest of the year for all retailers. It would appear though that the transactional relationship is increasingly two-way. Brands will drip feed their availability to QVC only when they have a retiring product to shift or a niche launch to do..! Especially noticeable on more gadgety, tech brands.

What QVC need to realise is that their own brand capital is diminishing rather than increasing. The Ruth Langford and Amanda Holden stunts aside, they have nothing of their own to build their brand: they've got increasingly incompetent presenters, increasingly irrelevant bland ambassadors, and to shore it all up an antiquated warehouse stock management system, obsolete commercial practises, and a beleaguered call centre in Liverpool.

Deep breath....... ok. I've gawn and done it. Here's what I've written to the CEO in the States........

Dear Mr George,

Forgive me for writing to you direct, but feel that as the overall head of the QVC conglomerate, you should be the person to write to, and hopefully look into the issues that appear to be rampant at QVC UK.

Many social media sites are complaining about your British operation. Lots of problems range from the cost of post and packaging, the lengthy wait for items to arrive, and in recent times the same products from the same vendors being aired time and time again.

Personally, I have just fired off an email to QVC UK - which you can see below, and I can assure you its completely justified.

I have been a QVC customer for a great many years, and have spent a small fortune with your company - far more than any other company in this country ! so I expect to receive premium service which has certainly not been forthcoming in recent years - despite the 30 day mbg !!

I have viewed various tapes of product shows on QVC in the U.S and there is a far greater air of professionalism which is distinctly lacking in your U.K counterpart.

Again I apologise for taking this drastic step of writing to you, but I've always been given to understand that its always best to go right to the top.

Best regards

Shouting at the screen the other day "Give us the sizes" Chloe being the culprit.

Deep breath....... ok. I've gawn and done it. Here's what I've written to the CEO in the States........

Dear Mr George,

Forgive me for writing to you direct, but feel that as the overall head of the QVC conglomerate, you should be the person to write to, and hopefully look into the issues that appear to be rampant at QVC UK.

Many social media sites are complaining about your British operation. Lots of problems range from the cost of post and packaging, the lengthy wait for items to arrive, and in recent times the same products from the same vendors being aired time and time again.

Personally, I have just fired off an email to QVC UK - which you can see below, and I can assure you its completely justified.

I have been a QVC customer for a great many years, and have spent a small fortune with your company - far more than any other company in this country ! so I expect to receive premium service which has certainly not been forthcoming in recent years - despite the 30 day mbg !!

I have viewed various tapes of product shows on QVC in the U.S and there is a far greater air of professionalism which is distinctly lacking in your U.K counterpart.

Again I apologise for taking this drastic step of writing to you, but I've always been given to understand that its always best to go right to the top.

Best regards

Way to go Brissles. :mysmilie_378:

Dear Mr George,

Best regards

Woohoo!! I'm not a QVC customer anymore as my forum buddies know, but I'm totally on board with people standing up for what's right, good on yeh. :mysmilie_3:

Bravo Brissles! I just hope you might be starting something there.

I do wonder what picture of the UK business the powers that be usually get from the team here. I hope you open the eyes of the big chief in Pennsylvania.

We await with glee the replies! Hope they come sooner rather than later!!If I was ordering clothes from QVC (which I don't) I would have to keep the website info. with me so I could refer to the size info.

Latest posts

Back