Quick reply from qvc u.s. !!!!! Wow !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No, you haven't rained on my parade at all. To write to the U.S was an idea of one of our posters, so it was a chance worth taking to see if I got any response at all. I would say that the email fired off to QVC here, has yet to receive a reply ! so at least 10 out of 10 for him getting back to me from across the Pond as opposed to that lot a few miles down the road !

As for the tapes, I took it to mean he would look at the UK tapes to confirm what I had been saying. Judging from his title, he is the guy from HQ in overall charge of the UK operation, so despite what those at Chiswick want to do I expect the buck stops with him and he has the final say.

I agree that very little may happen, but at least I didn't get a 'computer' standard response, which indicates that few people bother to jump over heads to get to the top man. On the other hand, the very fact that I mentioned gripes on social media may well set a few alarm bells ringing. We'll see.

Sorry, just re-read my input it did sound a tad negative, re-reading it, but I do still think that as I say nothing will get done, it does show that even the 'high-up's' listen to customers and what I have said previously about bigger co-orperations not caring, clearly don't come into play when we are talking abut QVC obviously the Call Centre (award winning of course), could take a leaf out of their 'top-bos', as from my own experience and the experience of other CS from the so called 'award winning' leaves a lot to be desired! Again I apologise!

No, you haven't rained on my parade at all. To write to the U.S was an idea of one of our posters, so it was a chance worth taking to see if I got any response at all. I would say that the email fired off to QVC here, has yet to receive a reply ! so at least 10 out of 10 for him getting back to me from across the Pond as opposed to that lot a few miles down the road !

As for the tapes, I took it to mean he would look at the UK tapes to confirm what I had been saying. Judging from his title, he is the guy from HQ in overall charge of the UK operation, so despite what those at Chiswick want to do I expect the buck stops with him and he has the final say.

I agree that very little may happen, but at least I didn't get a 'computer' standard response, which indicates that few people bother to jump over heads to get to the top man. On the other hand, the very fact that I mentioned gripes on social media may well set a few alarm bells ringing. We'll see.

Over the years, I've had cause to complain about sh*te service on many occasions and have found that going to the biggest 'big cheese' (after trying the standard compaints processes) will invariably result in a decent resolution. The minions/middle managers whom you are encouraged to contact with your gripes generally either don't give a cr*p and/or don't have the authority to make meaningful change/help sort out your issues, as is very obviously the case with Q's UK operations.

Brissles, definitely keep us updated re your correspondence with Q US - it wouldn't surprise me if your email hasn't actually woken them up to the fact that their UK arm needs a big kick up its complacent backside :mysmilie_59:

I think it is telling that Rob replied so quickly but nothing has come from QUK. Also, he may watch some tapes and think "I don't see what Mrs Brissles was on about, it looks OK to me". But fair play to him for sending his personal reply so quickly. It just shows how s**t the U.K. response time is, and the stupid replies from JoeX etc which lead to NOTHING being done. Or if they give an interim reply they NEVER come back with a final answer.

I think we should hold an AGM and have Rob as our keynote speaker!!!!!!!

I think in most corporate cultures the people at the top are given an "insulated" sanitised version of the truth. When you look down from the sky at a forest, you don't see a tree, or trees, you just see the upper canopy of leafy branches - looks healthy from up there... once you get down to the forest floor you can see the trees... and the diseased trees struggling for life and the parasitic plants draining the life from them... or the insects and animals making sawdust of the trunks etc.

Brissles - you have managed to bypass the UK Bigwigs to give a much-needed reality check to the US supremos... and I bet they are grateful! Why should the "everything is wonderful" rose-tinted picture the team over here paint for their bosses in America be the only picture... or even the true picture? I bet the performance stats, however massaged, don't lie.

I would agree that in many ways what happens in the US seems rather strange and sometimes even antiquated, but if it isn't as advanced in social media usage, hallelujah! We have so many pointless responses to SM posts reported here - it is clearly like putting a pane of glass on a brick wall - if you can't see through it from both sides, it ain't a window! Customers post, seeking change; and social media bods respond (I won't say reply, as mostly they don't) and no effort is made to change and improve matters.

My reply to Mr Muller's email, and his further response..............................

Dear Mr Muller,

Thank you very much for your extremely speedy reply, which is much appreciated.

I take on board what you say, and am mindful that one hopes to run a business in a profitable and professional manner, but am also aware that hiccups can occur regardless of whether its a one-man-band operation selling rubber ducks, or a huge conglomerate like QVC. I also appreciate that natural progression and change happens over the years in order to keep apace with market forces and trends. However, I don't need to mention that a company is judged by its employees, whether its well presented front line staff meeting the public, or those behind the scenes manning the phones. (And I will say on a positive note that QVC staff in the Call Centre are polite, helpful and very professional in their approach)

I confess I certainly don't make a habit of complaining, or venting my opinions in lengthy emails to captains of industry, but I felt the need to 'do something' when on an increasingly regular basis, certain of the UK presenters were treating their 'presenting' job as an extension of their home and personal lives, where informal chatter and personal promotion of their outside interests was taking priority over information of the on air product.

But enough ! I have said my piece, am grateful that it has not fallen upon deaf ears, and will not be troubling you further. I shall still be tuning in to watch - in fact I have made a further purchase tonight !! I would also say that my most prolific spending years (like many others) were during the times when Crafting was huge, and when QVC was voted the top retailer for gold/silver and precious stone jewellery.

Very best regards,

HIS REPLY..........

Ms................

Thanks again for your feedback and your continued business. I hope you enjoy your purchase.

For your information, we are "dipping our toe" back into the craft business within the next 2 months, and if our customers respond will look to quickly grow in that area again. Stay tuned!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Whether this exchange will bring forth any change - who knows, but it will be noticeable to see if there is less inane and annoying chit-chat between presenters and 'guests', and a more professional attitude conveyed.

My reply to Mr Muller's email, and his further response..............................

Dear Mr Muller,

Thank you very much for your extremely speedy reply, which is much appreciated.

I take on board what you say, and am mindful that one hopes to run a business in a profitable and professional manner, but am also aware that hiccups can occur regardless of whether its a one-man-band operation selling rubber ducks, or a huge conglomerate like QVC. I also appreciate that natural progression and change happens over the years in order to keep apace with market forces and trends. However, I don't need to mention that a company is judged by its employees, whether its well presented front line staff meeting the public, or those behind the scenes manning the phones. (And I will say on a positive note that QVC staff in the Call Centre are polite, helpful and very professional in their approach)

I confess I certainly don't make a habit of complaining, or venting my opinions in lengthy emails to captains of industry, but I felt the need to 'do something' when on an increasingly regular basis, certain of the UK presenters were treating their 'presenting' job as an extension of their home and personal lives, where informal chatter and personal promotion of their outside interests was taking priority over information of the on air product.

But enough ! I have said my piece, am grateful that it has not fallen upon deaf ears, and will not be troubling you further. I shall still be tuning in to watch - in fact I have made a further purchase tonight !! I would also say that my most prolific spending years (like many others) were during the times when Crafting was huge, and when QVC was voted the top retailer for gold/silver and precious stone jewellery.

Very best regards,

HIS REPLY..........

Ms................

Thanks again for your feedback and your continued business. I hope you enjoy your purchase.

For your information, we are "dipping our toe" back into the craft business within the next 2 months, and if our customers respond will look to quickly grow in that area again. Stay tuned!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Whether this exchange will bring forth any change - who knows, but it will be noticeable to see if there is less inane and annoying chit-chat between presenters and 'guests', and a more professional attitude conveyed.

That's great brissles you worded it perfectly, his reply on the other hand is bog standard and patronising and alerting you to the craft they're bringing back, is trying to drum up business out of your serious complaint, they never miss a trick do they?

Totally agree Shoppy, but there we are. At least I got the rants off my chest. And STILL haven't received a reply to my original email from Chiswick !!

Totally agree Shoppy, but there we are. At least I got the rants off my chest. And STILL haven't received a reply to my original email from Chiswick !!

You did great b, if nothing comes of it at least you can rest easy knowing you actually did something about it my forum buddy. :mysmilie_3:

I think it is telling that Rob replied so quickly but nothing has come from QUK. Also, he may watch some tapes and think "I don't see what Mrs Brissles was on about, it looks OK to me". But fair play to him for sending his personal reply so quickly. It just shows how s**t the U.K. response time is, and the stupid replies from JoeX etc which lead to NOTHING being done. Or if they give an interim reply they NEVER come back with a final answer.

I think we should hold an AGM and have Rob as our keynote speaker!!!!!!!

You, mean like 'placating a little child' when they start asking awkward questions about 'where babies come from' or other such questions! Hoping that if they have received an answer from the 'big cheese' that he somehow thinks that this will be enough to placate a 'simple-minded Brit', when in actual fact we are further from that (the intelligence in this forum is 'awesome' (to use a horrible American Parlance), so we know that nothing will get done but at least it was nice for 'Mr Big Cheese' to acknowledge!

I hope Mr American Big Cheese finds this forum and then maybe he`ll take us Brits seriously.

You, mean like 'placating a little child' when they start asking awkward questions about 'where babies come from' or other such questions! Hoping that if they have received an answer from the 'big cheese' that he somehow thinks that this will be enough to placate a 'simple-minded Brit', when in actual fact we are further from that (the intelligence in this forum is 'awesome' (to use a horrible American Parlance), so we know that nothing will get done but at least it was nice for 'Mr Big Cheese' to acknowledge!

Err, no that's not what I meant. I think if anyone it is QUK who go in for a placating a small child approach. Well until they block you of course!!! LOL.

Well done Brissles 👍 ...hopefully you've ruffled some feathers...it doesn't hurt anybody to have a reality check ..espeacially when they start appearing to be a bit big for their boots..
QVC is a shopping Chanel and not This Morning or Loose Women .... :mysmilie_1: ... Lines have been crossed me thinks lol

Me neither, both of mine have been totally ignored and I can tell you Mr USA may soon hear from me if my blood boils much more.

When there's talk of QVC's corporate nature, all I can this of is...

birds.jpg

:D

Like Diana Ross 'I'm still waiting' for a reply to my comments regarding Ms Huntley's announcement.

Thank you Brissles, think I'll fire off an email to him regarding the length of time it's taking to deal with a return, 2 months and no nearer to getting my money back. Think I'll name drop in my phone call to the call centre on Monday and see if that gets any results.

Latest posts

Back