Ultrasonic face brush?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Are these things just an overpriced gimmick or do they present any real benefits? I clean my skin with cotton wool discs. That guest was as camp as a carry on film!

Has anyone used an ultrasonic face brush (or toothbrush for that matter)?

I've used an ultrasonic face brush by another company... skin felt as if I had gone over it with a Brillo pad .. ( maybe just my reaction)

I use an ultrasonic toothbrush 3 times a week, it does really give an extra good clean and remove any stain build up .
The reason 3 times a week is because when I originally used everyday it actually loosened 2 fillings ( there is a wee bit of power in these things)

I'm still using a sonic toothbrush and a clarisonic. Both which are good. Hadn't heard of the ultrasonic. Will wait until it becomes main stream

I have been using a Clarisonic since 2009, I only use delicate head. Also use a sonic toothbrush, if you have a dentist they will tell you they clean better than a manual toothbrush. Usually people do not clean their teeth properly manually anyway. The time on the sonic/electric tells you when you should stop and the bleeps when to move to a different area.

Cotton brush is expensive buy all the time and will not help with blocked pores, or removing sun block etc either. You clean your face normally if wearing make up then use a Clarisonic and see how much dirt comes off on the brush. That would be left on your face and they up put your skin care over that.

Seems to be Magnitone that QVC sells facial brush wise these days! The guest is Paul, who used to be with Bobbi Brown.

My dentist reckons that there is no effective difference between rotary and sonic toothbrushes. She says it is just a matter of personal choice and comfort as once one gets above a certain number of rotations/vibrations there isn't much of an advantage. Both are better than manual.

I used a clarisonic type brush on my face and found it overstimulated my skin. I got zits on my chin and forehead like I'd not had since I was a teen. I abandoned it and went back to washing with a muslin cloth.

Clarisonic was never off qvc at one point, have they ditched the brand? I eventually bought a Mia for £60 in January sale at Debenhams. I only use in the mornings alternate days, and while it's OK I'm not wowed by it. I wouldnt buy another if this one stops working.

Clarisonic was never off qvc at one point, have they ditched the brand? I eventually bought a Mia for £60 in January sale at Debenhams. I only use in the mornings alternate days, and while it's OK I'm not wowed by it. I wouldnt buy another if this one stops working.

QVCUS still sell and TSVs. QVCUK moved to the cheaper Magnitone(which I have seen in TKMaxx much cheaper), instead. L'Oreal bought out Clarisonic a few years back, they started turning up on Lancome counters. My branch of House of Fraser had them at half price last month. I bought a new one in July, even though my original is still working now use that one for body. Heads wise you can buy them on Ebay for about £2.50 and the ones I bought are the genuine thing though the seller was wise just calling them replacement heads not mentioning they where real. I got 4 heads for £9.99(the more you bought the better the deal), so shop around.

Electric/sonic toothbrushes are the way to go. I get my replacement heads from Amazon subscribe and save, mine is a Philips and I prefer the smaller heads. But Boots usually have some sort of deal on the Braun or Philips.

I have used a rotary electric tooth brush for 18 years (several replacements needed as eventually they do not recharge). I have now changed to a Philips Sonic which is so much better in keeping the plaque at bay. I buy them when they are on special offer. The Clarisonic I use just several times a week. My skin is very sensitive and I do not wear makeup. I have taken the outside off ie the none sonic brush off and just use the vibrating bit.

QVCUS still sell and TSVs. QVCUK moved to the cheaper Magnitone(which I have seen in TKMaxx much cheaper), instead. L'Oreal bought out Clarisonic a few years back, they started turning up on Lancome counters. My branch of House of Fraser had them at half price last month. I bought a new one in July, even though my original is still working now use that one for body. Heads wise you can buy them on Ebay for about £2.50 and the ones I bought are the genuine thing though the seller was wise just calling them replacement heads not mentioning they where real. I got 4 heads for £9.99(the more you bought the better the deal), so shop around.

Electric/sonic toothbrushes are the way to go. I get my replacement heads from Amazon subscribe and save, mine is a Philips and I prefer the smaller heads. But Boots usually have some sort of deal on the Braun or Philips.

Yes used an electric toothbrush for at least 10 years now. Our dentist always asks if we use an electric brush. Since changing to Oral B toothpaste have seen a real difference in our teeth, especially my other half .

used the clarisonic and returned it asap under the qvc mbg. made my skin feel like it was on fire hated it. use muslin cloths every day with periconne or alpha h cleanser.

electric toothbrush the best invention ever. only been using for two years. why i never bought one before is sad lolmy teeth have never been good. now i spend a lot less time and money at the dentists. my teeth are cleaner and look whiter

Latest posts

Back