Amazon Echo HD Speaker TSV 19/09/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm open to be anyone's surrogate 'Grandma' but 'phones have to be switched off & left at the door ( no takers then!?)

We use the Sonos system around our home for muaic etc. but we have recently added an Echo Dot to the collection.

I understand the Dot even less than I understand the Echo. How do you get the Dot to play the music it finds for you? is it connected to your TV or sometng else (and how?)?

I was tempted, and kept looking on the website.

Each time, for both of the colours, they were in stock, on advance order, sold out, on wait list, in stock, sold out, on advance order, in stock ................. and so on all morning.

I never did get one, even when it said in stock, I clicked and it was sold out or advance orders etc etc.

Will they ever get their website sorted?

I understand the Dot even less than I understand the Echo. How do you get the Dot to play the music it finds for you? is it connected to your TV or sometng else (and how?)?
I thought the Dot and Echo were the same technology the only difference being that the Echo has a bigger speaker

Well I struggled through my recording of the TSV and was a bit miffed. They asked questions, started on about recipes and ordering pizza and playing music. BUT he never showed you how this Echo would get to access the music did he? Or perhaps he did and I missed it but I thought I was paying attention. Any way I decided to try with my firestick and did get Amazon Music after I had downloaded the app to my iPad, but I reckon a few useful instructions wouldn't go amiss. I realise that is probably an older person's gripe, LOL. I've just used Alexa to play Desperado by The Eagles, a bit how I'm feeling!!! Still it did actually work. I wonder how long I shall remember how to do it though.

I've always had this bugbear with Lee H, he waffles on and on, but tells you absolutely sod all ! Its all "it does this, you can do that, you can download this ". Even the camera guys demonstrate which button to press to achieve certain views, but Lee is too up his own backside with his trendy (ugh!) hair and manicured nails - you've guessed, I don't like him.

Well I actually stumbled upon the Alexa skills section of the Amazon website today and was amazed! Not just that there are loads but, you know when Lee does that "get Dominoes to feed me" example, I thought he just made that up. I did think it was an odd thing to say, rather than "order me a Dominoes pizza" for example. But there it was onscreen as a formatted command! And a couple of others too. Does he EVER explain this? I thought he always said you didn't have to use special language, just speak normally.....

QUESTION.
Sorry to be so dense, but if I bought a Dot then, I could do all the things he demonstrates could I? The only difference would be quality of sound? Is the Dot sound inferior to the value of say £50 or whatever the difference is? And would the music be worse than playing Amazon music or Spotify via my firestick on my TV which is a Panasonic. Thank you anyone who feels like answering!!!!!

QUESTION.
Sorry to be so dense, but if I bought a Dot then, I could do all the things he demonstrates could I? The only difference would be quality of sound? Is the Dot sound inferior to the value of say £50 or whatever the difference is? And would the music be worse than playing Amazon music or Spotify via my firestick on my TV which is a Panasonic. Thank you anyone who feels like answering!!!!!

Yes, the dot is a cheaper version of the echo without the extra sound speakers and the bevel volume control. Everything works the same.
You can add a cheaper speaker to get better quality sounds for £50.

For example if you have a Bose speaker you could get the Dot (or the Echo) to play through the Bose using Bluetooth.
I'm not buying either at the moment because I just don't need them.

A friend has a Dot(bought from Argo for £43), I didn't even know it was one. I thought it was Alexa!!!!:mysmilie_15: The sound quality is excellent, it just uses your wifi, she does not have the sort of TV or lights etc for it to work. So she uses it for the weather, and mainly music, the local radio station, so like a hi fi system. They did buy the speaker which you recharge and that is kept in a different room.

Her youngest grand daughter 16 months shouts Ah at it a lot. She wants it to play Sherry by Frankie Valley and she dances round to it.:mysmilie_13: You can pay I believe she said £3.99-4.99 to get a bigger selection of music. Last week went at her home we had a classical piece then some AC/DC Thunderstruck

Latest posts

Back