Yankee Candle TSV 14/09/17

Former QVC executive gets 2 years in prison for embezzlement, fraud scheme

A former QVC executive was sentenced Tuesday to 30 months in federal prison for perpetuating a $1 million fraud scheme that enabled him to live a luxury lifestyle.

James D. Falkowski, 42, of Buffalo, N.Y., worked as a director for QVC, where he was tasked with enhancing the West Chester, Pa.-based television shopping networks brand and reputation in the entertainment and fashion industries.

But federal prosecutors said that without QVCs knowledge or approval, he instead used his role to embezzle and fraudulently obtain from the company over $1 million worth of money, goods and services, such as hundreds of thousands of dollars of first-class travel, hotel and resort stays, spa treatments.....Read More

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Wink Yankee Candle TSV 14/09/17

ADVERTISING

the next Yankee Candle TSV is on the 14/09/17
    Thanks warwa100 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

"My Favourite Things" with an Auto-Delivery to get all 9 Large Jars

in the end youl have

1 x Brown Paper Packages large jar
    1 x Whiskers on Kittens large jar
    1 x Warm Woollen Mittens large jar
    1 x Moon on their Wings large jar
    1 x Raindrops on Roses Sheer large jar
    1 x Cream Colored Ponies large jar
    1 x Bright Copper Kettles large jar
    1 x Crisp Apple Strudel large jar
    1 x Blue Satin Sashes large jar
    Thanks AndiK , Tarketta thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

descriptions from what i can find

Raindrops On Roses

Sheer beauty the pure, natural perfume of rich velvety rose petals showered with dew

Whiskers On Kittens

A sweet scent with a gentle nuzzle of sandalwood and vanilla musk

Bright Copper Kettles

Whistling warming spices aglow, including cinnamon bark, clove buds, allspice and nutmeg.

It is very much like Home Sweet Home or other strong Yankee cinnamon scents but with a dash of ginger.

Warm Woolen Mittens

Just cleaned and warmed by the stove, a cozy scent with notes of lemon, apple, lily and musk.

Brown Paper Packages

A fresh powder scent with zest and a touch of spice
    it’s just like Baby Powder but with a dusting in spice which makes it amazing!!

Cream Colored Ponies

Delicious sugar cookie dreams ride on the scent of creamy, buttery-rich vanilla icing

Crisp Apple Strudel

An Austrian favorite, golden and sugared on the outside, tart apples and brown sugar on the inside

Moon On Their Wings

The warm glow of night air, a tranquil blend of bergamot pepper, dray sage and a touch of cedar

Blue Satin Sashes

Elegantly pretty, lovely lavender and rosemary with notes of citrus, jasmine and soft woods.

I have this lovely fragrance which has a bright, clean, zesty feel and evokes thoughts of freshly washed sheets hung outside to dry.
    Thanks Still Game, AndiK , Mazza thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERCOOLWILLOW View Post

"My Favourite Things" with an Auto-Delivery to get all 9 Large Jars

in the end youl have

1 x Brown Paper Packages large jar
    1 x Whiskers on Kittens large jar
    1 x Warm Woollen Mittens large jar
    1 x Moon on their Wings large jar
    1 x Raindrops on Roses Sheer large jar
    1 x Cream Colored Ponies large jar
    1 x Bright Copper Kettles large jar
    1 x Crisp Apple Strudel large jar
    1 x Blue Satin Sashes large jar
    Oooooh I'm so excited, I bought these many years when they first came out and thought they were lush...although the strudel one smelt most peculiar from what I remember - definitely in on this if the price is right!!!!
    Thanks AndiK thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Have you seen the video of Craig presenting and Me Hall filming this TSV! They sing the song. However they have chosen to film it in front of a Venetian blind which isn't pulled down properly so it is at a wild angle! Honestly. Do it right or don't do it!

I find this collection (the names) very twee but then I don't like the song! I hope the price isn't overwhelmingly tempting! Sounds like quite a few foodie ones so will have to analyse myself out of this by going through them carefully!

OK my analysis means it is only the pony one ( cakey Vanilla alert) I really wouldn't want so I could sift and gift that...... it will just depend on price.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Have you seen the video of Craig presenting and Me Hall filming this TSV! They sing the song. However they have chosen to film it in front of a Venetian blind which isn't pulled down properly so it is at a wild angle! Honestly. Do it right or don't do it!

I find this collection (the names) very twee but then I don't like the song! I hope the price isn't overwhelmingly tempting! Sounds like quite a few foodie ones so will have to analyse myself out of this by going through them carefully!

OK my analysis means it is only the pony one ( cakey Vanilla alert) I really wouldn't want so I could sift and gift that...... it will just depend on price.
    Raindrops on Roses is my favourite out of all of them, it really does smell like a velvety rose on a fresh morning.

The rest of them are lovely, although the Strudel and Cooper Kettle ones were my least favourite - the Strudel one smelled like soggy, watery apples (from memory) and the Copper Kettles one is all cinnamon, bleuch, so that one will definitely be a present for a cinnamon-loving friend!

Can't believe how thrilled I am about a YC TSV, saaaaaaad
    Likes AndiK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

there is acutally 3 missing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERCOOLWILLOW View Post
    there is acutally 3 missing
    Nooooo, which ones are missing????

Edited to add: I do actually remember a weird 'noodle' one from this range, which I declined to buy as I do not like savoury-smelling candles!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tarketta View Post

Edited to add: I do actually remember a weird 'strudel' one from this range, which I declined to buy as I do not like savoury-smelling candles!
    Do you mean Schnitzel?

I've no idea as I didn't even know this range ever existed until quite recently. But, looking at the song lyric, there's no mention in any of the above names of

Doorbells and sleigh bells
    Schnitzel with noodles
    Girls in white dresses (although the "with blue satin sashes" is covered!)
    Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
    Silver-white winters that melt into springs

Are any of these familiar? There's also the line "Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings" - no mention of the Wild Geese but I don't think that would make a particularly nice smell! Then again, Brown Paper Packages sounds really odd to me as a name.
    Likes Tarketta liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

ADVERTISING

Quote Originally Posted by Tarketta View Post

Edited to add: I do actually remember a weird 'strudel' one from this range, which I declined to buy as I do not like savoury-smelling candles!
    from my friend

2015 special release Do Re Mi

Silver White Winters wont ever get redone as was strict limited production

Scnitzel On Noodles was the worse seller
    Thanks yorkrose26, Tarketta thanked for this post

Advertising

Advertising