1 x Moon on their Wings large jar
1 x Raindrops on Roses Sheer large jar
1 x Cream Colored Ponies large jar
1 x Bright Copper Kettles large jar
1 x Crisp Apple Strudel large jar
1 x Blue Satin Sashes large jar

descriptions from what i can find

Raindrops On Roses

Sheer beauty the pure, natural perfume of rich velvety rose petals showered with dew

Whiskers On Kittens

A sweet scent with a gentle nuzzle of sandalwood and vanilla musk

Bright Copper Kettles

Whistling warming spices aglow, including cinnamon bark, clove buds, allspice and nutmeg.

It is very much like Home Sweet Home or other strong Yankee cinnamon scents but with a dash of ginger.

Warm Woolen Mittens

Just cleaned and warmed by the stove, a cozy scent with notes of lemon, apple, lily and musk.

Brown Paper Packages

A fresh powder scent with zest and a touch of spice
it’s just like Baby Powder but with a dusting in spice which makes it amazing!!

Cream Colored Ponies

Delicious sugar cookie dreams ride on the scent of creamy, buttery-rich vanilla icing

Crisp Apple Strudel

An Austrian favorite, golden and sugared on the outside, tart apples and brown sugar on the inside

Moon On Their Wings

The warm glow of night air, a tranquil blend of bergamot pepper, dray sage and a touch of cedar

Blue Satin Sashes

Elegantly pretty, lovely lavender and rosemary with notes of citrus, jasmine and soft woods.

I have this lovely fragrance which has a bright, clean, zesty feel and evokes thoughts of freshly washed sheets hung outside to dry.

Yankee Candle TSV 14/09/17

"My Favourite Things" with an Auto-Delivery to get all 9 Large Jars

in the end youl have

1 x Brown Paper Packages large jar
1 x Whiskers on Kittens large jar
1 x Warm Woollen Mittens large jar
1 x Moon on their Wings large jar
1 x Raindrops on Roses Sheer large jar
1 x Cream Colored Ponies large jar
1 x Bright Copper Kettles large jar
1 x Crisp Apple Strudel large jar
1 x Blue Satin Sashes large jar

Oooooh I'm so excited, I bought these many years when they first came out and thought they were lush...although the strudel one smelt most peculiar from what I remember - definitely in on this if the price is right!!!!

Have you seen the video of Craig presenting and Me Hall filming this TSV! They sing the song. However they have chosen to film it in front of a Venetian blind which isn't pulled down properly so it is at a wild angle! Honestly. Do it right or don't do it!

I find this collection (the names) very twee but then I don't like the song! I hope the price isn't overwhelmingly tempting! Sounds like quite a few foodie ones so will have to analyse myself out of this by going through them carefully!

:mysmilie_59:

OK my analysis means it is only the pony one ( cakey Vanilla alert) I really wouldn't want so I could sift and gift that...... it will just depend on price.

Have you seen the video of Craig presenting and Me Hall filming this TSV! They sing the song. However they have chosen to film it in front of a Venetian blind which isn't pulled down properly so it is at a wild angle! Honestly. Do it right or don't do it!

I find this collection (the names) very twee but then I don't like the song! I hope the price isn't overwhelmingly tempting! Sounds like quite a few foodie ones so will have to analyse myself out of this by going through them carefully!

:mysmilie_59:

OK my analysis means it is only the pony one ( cakey Vanilla alert) I really wouldn't want so I could sift and gift that...... it will just depend on price.

Raindrops on Roses is my favourite out of all of them, it really does smell like a velvety rose on a fresh morning.

The rest of them are lovely, although the Strudel and Cooper Kettle ones were my least favourite - the Strudel one smelled like soggy, watery apples (from memory) and the Copper Kettles one is all cinnamon, bleuch, so that one will definitely be a present for a cinnamon-loving friend!

Can't believe how thrilled I am about a YC TSV, saaaaaaad

Nooooo, which ones are missing????

Edited to add: I do actually remember a weird 'strudel' one from this range, which I declined to buy as I do not like savoury-smelling candles!

Do you mean Schnitzel?

I've no idea as I didn't even know this range ever existed until quite recently. But, looking at the song lyric, there's no mention in any of the above names of

Doorbells and sleigh bells
Schnitzel with noodles
Girls in white dresses (although the "with blue satin sashes" is covered!)
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver-white winters that melt into springs

Are any of these familiar? There's also the line "Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings" - no mention of the Wild Geese but I don't think that would make a particularly nice smell! Then again, Brown Paper Packages sounds really odd to me as a name.

Nooooo, which ones are missing????

Edited to add: I do actually remember a weird 'strudel' one from this range, which I declined to buy as I do not like savoury-smelling candles!

from my friend

2015 special release Do Re Mi

Silver White Winters wont ever get redone as was strict limited production

Scnitzel On Noodles was the worse seller

from my friend

2015 special release Do Re Mi

Silver White Winters wont ever get redone as was strict limited production

Scnitzel On Noodles was the worse seller

Dammit, I meant noodle not strudel - yes that was a most peculiar-sounding candle, yeuch!

Do you mean Schnitzel?

I've no idea as I didn't even know this range ever existed until quite recently. But, looking at the song lyric, there's no mention in any of the above names of

Doorbells and sleigh bells
Schnitzel with noodles
Girls in white dresses (although the "with blue satin sashes" is covered!)
Snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes
Silver-white winters that melt into springs

Are any of these familiar? There's also the line "Wild geese that fly with the moon on their wings" but no mention of the Wild Geese but I don't think that would make a particularly nice smell! Then again, Brown Paper Packages sounds really odd to me as a name.

Yes I had a daft 5 mins and typed strudel when I was thinking noodle (technically they do rhyme, so that's my defence!)

So the 'blue' ones - moon/sashes - do smell very fresh and lovely, completely unlike their names (you'll be pleased to hear) but both of them are exactly what you'd expect from the colour. The brown ones, aside from the kettle one, are actually delightfully fresh n spicy (vs cloying and spicy) and I do remember having a great fondness for the mittens one.

All in all, my admittedly distant memory of them recalls a range that introduced me to some delightful new smells (including a rose one which I hadn't liked as a candle smell before) and which YC hadn't just copied from others in their range.

I very much doubt these will be under £45 including P&P so I am most likely out, especially as my local department store has all the jars at half price at the moment. They don't have a massive selection but it's not just the "old standards". I am slightly tempted by Warm Cashmere but it may be very weak? Has anyone lit a jar of this?

Who could,possibly think that schnitzel with noodles (apparently creamy noodles with herbs and cracked black peppercorns) could possibly be an enticing candle scent. Who? Herbs and pepper, OK I get that. But who wants a candle of cooked meat in the title. Irish Stew anyone? (I'm not a vegetarian by the way.)

My local store is selling all the large jars, even the ones that came in the latest auto drops this year, at £11.99. Of course no p&p & free parking on site so doubt if Q can beat that.

Who could,possibly think that schnitzel with noodles (apparently creamy noodles with herbs and cracked black peppercorns) could possibly be an enticing candle scent. Who? Herbs and pepper, OK I get that. But who wants a candle of cooked meat in the title. Irish Stew anyone? (I'm not a vegetarian by the way.)

Didn't they do a bacon one?

Definitely, if you have a savoury foodie candle, you'd have to keep it strictly for the kitchen... after all, many of us light a candle to dispel savoury food aromas around the house :mysmilie_48:

Schnitzel with noodles finished one line, and Crisp Apple Strudel finished another line - so the two are both in there... Schnitzel strudel might be interesting :mysmilie_13:

Trying to think what the Kittens one would have smelled like!

Yankee Candle Set of 3 My Favourite Things Large Jars TSV 14/09/17
Item Number: 707542
QVC Price £52.00
Todays Special Value Price £39.96
P&P £5.95

A set of three large jars from Yankee Candle with scents inspired by the Sound of Music, including Whiskers on Kittens, Warm Woollen Mittens and Brown Paper Packages. If these are just a few of your favourite things, you'll love this chirpy collection of fragrances.

Contains:

1 x Whiskers on Kittens (623g) - a scent as sweet as kittens themselves, with notes of sandalwood and vanilla musk
1 x Warm Woollen Mittens (623g) - this soothing scent will make you feel warm and fuzzy! A fresh, uplifting blend of lemon, apple and lily
1 x Brown Paper Packages (623g) - bask in the scent of a freshly opened package of lovely new things! A powdery blend with a hint of spice

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.707542

I'm going to be in for the first two drops but pass on the last one as it contains the (dreaded, cinnamon-y) Copper Kettles and (dodgy-smelling from memory) Crisp Apple Strudel. Shame as I loved Blue Satin Sashes...

I'm going to be in for the first two drops but pass on the last one as it contains the (dreaded, cinnamon-y) Copper Kettles and (dodgy-smelling from memory) Crisp Apple Strudel. Shame as I loved Blue Satin Sashes...

Well, it's over my limit price per jar but only just so this will be tricky. I usually bend a little for rare ones or USA specials and I assume these are not going to be in UK shops any time soon? I've got a week to think about it and hopefully dissuade myself.

I've just remembered I bought at least one of the first drop in wax crumble form to melt in a warmer from WaxAddicts. I'll have to go and dig it/them out and have a sniff. Please be horrid, please be horrid, please be horrid!

Well, it's over my limit price per jar but only just so this will be tricky. I usually bend a little for rare ones or USA specials and I assume these are not going to be in UK shops any time soon? I've got a week to think about it and hopefully dissuade myself.

I've just remembered I bought at least one of the first drop in wax crumble form to melt in a warmer from WaxAddicts. I'll have to go and dig it/them out and have a sniff. Please be horrid, please be horrid, please be horrid!

I'll keep everything crossed for you, AndiK - save yourself, there's no hope for me!!!!

Latest posts

Back