Yankee Candle TSV 14/09/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yankee Candle Set of 3 My Favourite Things Large Jars TSV 14/09/17
Item Number: 707542
QVC Price £52.00
Todays Special Value Price £39.96
P&P £5.95

A set of three large jars from Yankee Candle with scents inspired by the Sound of Music, including Whiskers on Kittens, Warm Woollen Mittens and Brown Paper Packages. If these are just a few of your favourite things, you'll love this chirpy collection of fragrances.

Contains:

1 x Whiskers on Kittens (623g) - a scent as sweet as kittens themselves, with notes of sandalwood and vanilla musk
1 x Warm Woollen Mittens (623g) - this soothing scent will make you feel warm and fuzzy! A fresh, uplifting blend of lemon, apple and lily
1 x Brown Paper Packages (623g) - bask in the scent of a freshly opened package of lovely new things! A powdery blend with a hint of spice

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.707542

i want to heave :puke:

Why do you want to heave, boffy? Is it the names, because if so I too think they sound a bit twee. I have never been tempted by this range before but am unsure now. Having read SCW's post with all the descriptions and Tarketta's positive comments, I am probably in for the first set but am not sure about the others.

Tarketta, can you remember how bad the Ponies one is (loading the question a tad there!)? Is it like Vanilla Cupcake (uuuugh) or is it more subtle? That is the one I am struggling with. The Kettle one sounds nice to me but I like Home Sweet Home. If this Ponies one was in the last drop I would do as you are planning.

:mysmilie_59:

Why do you want to heave, boffy? Is it the names, because if so I too think they sound a bit twee. I have never been tempted by this range before but am unsure now. Having read SCW's post with all the descriptions and Tarketta's positive comments, I am probably in for the first set but am not sure about the others.

Tarketta, can you remember how bad the Ponies one is (loading the question a tad there!)? Is it like Vanilla Cupcake (uuuugh) or is it more subtle? That is the one I am struggling with. The Kettle one sounds nice to me but I like Home Sweet Home. If this Ponies one was in the last drop I would do as you are planning.

Mazza, I'm not sure how helpful I'm going to be as I lurve Vanilla Cupcake...but from memory, it smelled more like the Danish Butter Cookie WJ than any of the housewarmer cookie scents...hopefully that's good news?

just don't like the sound of them whiskers on kittens and paper...eww. people will buy these for collection but i burn so not for me.....thankfully

Funny idea for smells.
Whiskers on Kittens, whiff of litter tray.
Warm Woollen Mittens, damp school cloakrooms
Brown Paper Packages, well our local fishmonger wraps purchases in brown paper parcels.

Previously I have never fancied these because I loathe TSOM film. So any connection with that is a downer for me. But I thought the descriptions posted by SCW sound pretty good. I have printed his post and will study carefully before buying!

Previously I have never fancied these because I loathe TSOM film. So any connection with that is a downer for me. But I thought the descriptions posted by SCW sound pretty good. I have printed his post and will study carefully before buying!

hehe Mazza your welcome i only googled it as its been so long since i looked at these & thought those descriptions sounded better than most of the other descriptions i saw so im glad i could help

Having done my extensive research I have decided to buy the single drop only. They do sound very nice. I am hoping the Mittens one is a bit like Bundle Up. So a modest addition to the stash! Sadly the mix in the other two drops meant I didn't like the sound of all three.

Yankee Candle Set of 3 My Favourite Things Large Jars TSV 14/09/17
Item Number: 707542
QVC Price £52.00
P&P £5.95

A set of three large jars from Yankee Candle with scents inspired by the Sound of Music, including Whiskers on Kittens, Warm Woollen Mittens and Brown Paper Packages. If these are just a few of your favourite things, you'll love this chirpy collection of fragrances.

Contains:

1 x Whiskers on Kittens (623g) - a scent as sweet as kittens themselves, with notes of sandalwood and vanilla musk
1 x Warm Woollen Mittens (623g) - this soothing scent will make you feel warm and fuzzy! A fresh, uplifting blend of lemon, apple and lily
1 x Brown Paper Packages (623g) - bask in the scent of a freshly opened package of lovely new things! A powdery blend with a hint of spice

I didn't realise it was auto delivery. What's in the other drops please, can't seem to find the details?

I didn't realise it was auto delivery. What's in the other drops please, can't seem to find the details?

2nd Drop
1 x Moon on Their Wings large jar
The warm glow of night air, a tranquil blend of bergamot
pepper, dray sage and a touch of cedar.

1 x Raindrops on Roses large jar
Sheer beauty the pure, natural perfume of rich velvety
rose petals showered with dew.

1 x Cream Colored Ponies large jar
Delicious sugar cookie dreams ride on the scent of
creamy, buttery-rich vanilla icing.

3rd Drop
1 x Bright Copper Kettles large jar
Whistling warming spices aglow, including cinnamon
bark, clove buds, allspice and nutmeg.

1 x Crisp Apple Strudel large jar
An Austrian favorite, golden and sugared on the outside,
tart apples and brown sugar on the inside.

1 x Blue Satin Sashes large jar
Elegantly pretty, lovely lavender and rosemary with notes of citrus, jasmine and soft woods.

Pass me the sick bucket.

Hehehe. I know what you mean. I do like the sound of some of these candles but oh my goodness, can you imagine the hours of tweedom we are set to suffer! It will be worse than watching the sodding film which I loathe (although the ITV Live version of the proper stage show was excellent I thought). What will be funny is if Rosa is raving on about sugar and raindrops with JF as presenter. In her real life I'm sure JF would have no time for any of this sentimentality so watching her try to fake it might be amusing. Chuntley would be so saccharine you would probably want to throw up.

Some of these sound delightful. I'm a big fan of The Sound Of Music. If it's on, and I'm channel hopping, I will tune in to it (and probably sing out of tune to the songs).

I keep reminding myself that my candle cupboard is in danger of spontaneously bursting open, so full is it of scented waxen loveliness.

I am, however, already shuddering at the potential for many presenters to go "all Charlie bears" on us during the shows. Miceal, Charlie, Craig, Chloe among the worst potential offenders.

Yankee Candle Set of 3 My Favourite Things Large Jars

Auto-Delivery Yankee Candle Set of 3 My Favourite Things Large Jars
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.708012

QVC Price £52.00
P&P £5.95

Currently only available in the UK at QVC, this sought-after Yankee Candle collection has returned; including three highly-collectable large jar candles named after recognisable My Favorite Things lyrics from The Sound of Music. These warm and comforting fragrances are the perfect accompaniment to the beloved film and an ideal treat for fans of the musical.

*A great saving: If you were to buy these items individually from Yankee Candle, you’d pay £71.97. So to get these three large jars for a Today's Special Value price of £39.96, plus P&P, is a fabulous saving of over 35%.

These are a few of my… The fun fragrance names are wonderful reminders of the family-favourite film. This heart-warming collection treats you to Brown Paper Packages, Whiskers on Kittens, and Warm Woollen Mittens.

Available with Auto Delivery - select our Auto Delivery option to receive another two deliveries every 60 days of exciting collections at today's fantastic price. The further drops include Raindrops on Roses, Blue Satin Sashes, and more iconic phrases from the song.

Burn time 110 - 150 hours per candle

Contains:

1 x Brown Paper Packages large jar (623g) - a powdery, fresh scent with a hint of spiciness
1 x Whiskers on Kittens large jar (623g) - a sweet scent with a gentle warmth from sandalwood and vanilla musk
1 x Warm Woollen Mittens large jar (623g) - a cosy scent with notes of lemon, apple, lily and musk

Choosing Auto Delivery?
Second delivery contains:

1 x Moon on their Wings large jar (623g) - a tranquil blend of bergamot, pepper, clary sage, and a touch of cedar
1 x Raindrops on Roses Sheer large jar (623g) - rich, velvety rose petals with a fresh hint of dew
1 x Cream Colored Ponies large jar (623g) - a sweet cookie scent of creamy, buttery-rich vanilla icing

Third delivery contains:

1 x Bright Copper Kettles large jar (623g) - warming spices including cinnamon bark, clove buds, allspice and nutmeg
1 x Crisp Apple Strudel large jar (623g) - the Austrian favourite captured in a scent: golden and sugared on the outside, with tart apples and brown sugar on the inside
1 x Blue Satin Sashes large jar (623g) - fragrant lavender and rosemary with notes of citrus, jasmine and soft woods

I'm dithering! I would love to have these, but with my stockpile I just cannot justify spending the money... After all, the biggest saving I can make is by not spending! I shall enjoy vicariously through any who do decide to go for these :mysmilie_50:

I'm dithering! I would love to have these, but with my stockpile I just cannot justify spending the money... After all, the biggest saving I can make is by not spending! I shall enjoy vicariously through any who do decide to go for these :mysmilie_50:

MML, I succumbed earlier so will happily give you some vicarious 'cold sniffs' when they arrive :mysmilie_59:

Latest posts

Back