Yankee Candle TSV 14/09/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mine too, they were delivered this morning apparently - I've NEVER had anything delivered the day after ordering it, can't wait to go home and sniff them!

I ordered shortly after midnight yesterday and received my despatch email at 1am today, but on the Hermes tracking link thing it just says order placed 6am yesterday. Nothing else. I did have a Hermes delivery from somewhere else this morning so it is not just that he didn't get to me with the YC. I'm not in a hurry but I do wonder what logic is used in QVC's despatch system (yes, I know, the million dollar question we would all like answered!).

I ordered shortly after midnight yesterday and received my despatch email at 1am today, but on the Hermes tracking link thing it just says order placed 6am yesterday. Nothing else. I did have a Hermes delivery from somewhere else this morning so it is not just that he didn't get to me with the YC. I'm not in a hurry but I do wonder what logic is used in QVC's despatch system (yes, I know, the million dollar question we would all like answered!).

How disappointing!!!! Mine arrived and I'm pleased to say they're as lovely as they were before - favourite is Brown Paper Packages, a sort of spicy baby powder smell - just hope they burn as nicely as they smell cold - hope yours arrive tomorrow AndiK!

Gosh that was quick! I am glad they are as nice as you remembered them, Tarketta. Mine has been dispatched but are at the National hub where I suspect they will spend the weekend. I don't usually get deliveries at the weekend but you never know.....

:mysmilie_59:

How disappointing!!!! Mine arrived and I'm pleased to say they're as lovely as they were before - favourite is Brown Paper Packages, a sort of spicy baby powder smell - just hope they burn as nicely as they smell cold - hope yours arrive tomorrow AndiK!

I'm excited now! With the guilt I've been experiencing, it will be a relief if I find them so fab.

Gosh that was quick! I am glad they are as nice as you remembered them, Tarketta. Mine has been dispatched but are at the National hub where I suspect they will spend the weekend. I don't usually get deliveries at the weekend but you never know.....

It's a race, Mazza! You or me first?

I'm looking forward to all the first impressions, cold sniffs and maybe some burns :mysmilie_12:

I successfully resisted :mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378::mysmilie_378::mysmilie_480::mysmilie_480::mysmilie_480::mysmilie_500::mysmilie_500::mysmilie_500:

Mine arrived this morning, and as I didn't buy into this range first time around they're new for me, but I just ordered the TSV, not the auto-delivery because my best friend loves cats (she can't have one as they have terriers!) and her favourite colour is purple - so that's her Christmas present sorted :).
Cold sniff..... I love them all, they're all very nice fresh scents which i love, and different too - though I'm not quite getting the expensive gentlemans cologne touted for the brown paper packages, but it's still very nice - so all in all, I'm very happy.

Disaster! Another failed delivery , NO ONE came! Because of restricted access, which it isn't. So again they have gone to the wrong place. Rang Q to let them know and they will ring Hermes, but I might try them too if I can find a number.

Disaster! Another failed delivery , NO ONE came! Because of restricted access, which it isn't. So again they have gone to the wrong place. Rang Q to let them know and they will ring Hermes, but I might try them too if I can find a number.

This is why I hate QVC's Hermes deliveries.

Yes, I reckon they are going to a gated community with a very similar name where you can't even use a Tradesman's buzzer to get access. Mad really. I have spoken to Q who were going to ring them but then I discovered myhermes live chat so had a moan on there. They are due to come on Monday but I have a GP appointment at 9! Typical. Anyway I asked for after 11 and they took my numbers so they can contact me before delivery. But what I don't understand is that the gated community, round the corner, is in a different road and there is no similar named block with restricted assess in my road! Also the post codes are different. So unless the courier has just got the wrong place stuck in his brain, I can't understand it.

Yes, I reckon they are going to a gated community with a very similar name where you can't even use a Tradesman's buzzer to get access. Mad really. I have spoken to Q who were going to ring them but then I discovered myhermes live chat so had a moan on there. They are due to come on Monday but I have a GP appointment at 9! Typical. Anyway I asked for after 11 and they took my numbers so they can contact me before delivery. But what I don't understand is that the gated community, round the corner, is in a different road and there is no similar named block with restricted assess in my road! Also the post codes are different. So unless the courier has just got the wrong place stuck in his brain, I can't understand it.

Outdated satnav?

I have a similar problem. I live in xxx Road and there's a xxx Avenue about a mile away. My postcode is XX2 where the Avenue is XX1 but they still confuse us now and then. I seem to have had the same Hermes guy the last month or two, which is a blessing leading up to Christmas (if indeed he stays!), and I'm hoping he will remember which one I am at.

No sign of my delivery either. The Hermes tracking still says 'Order placed at 0619' on 14th and 'At national sorting hub at 0127' today. I ordered just after midnight on TSV day but it seems to make no difference.

I see what you mean. My postcode contains only the 14 flats in this block, ending 3xx, which I have just rechecked online. The place I think he may be trying has a similar name, different road address and the postcode is the same first 4 digits (of course, being round the corner) but ends 3yy. I am very fed up! I deliberately didn't order anything since the last debacle and hoped this would be sorted by now. I only hope that it doesn't all go wrong with the two remaining YC AD drops. After the flood I find I get very nervy when things go wrong, whatever it is - no matter how small! I wonder how long before Q reckon I am a fraudster and close my account. They do seem to mistrust their customers after all. That is my big worry, getting marked down online as dishonest.

I see what you mean. My postcode contains only the 14 flats in this block, ending 3xx, which I have just rechecked online. The place I think he may be trying has a similar name, different road address and the postcode is the same first 4 digits (of course, being round the corner) but ends 3yy. I am very fed up! I deliberately didn't order anything since the last debacle and hoped this would be sorted by now. I only hope that it doesn't all go wrong with the two remaining YC AD drops. After the flood I find I get very nervy when things go wrong, whatever it is - no matter how small! I wonder how long before Q reckon I am a fraudster and close my account. They do seem to mistrust their customers after all. That is my big worry, getting marked down online as dishonest.

I sympathise. I couldn't care less what QVC think of me but I wouldn't want to get a black mark with the wider commercial world - I am sure I read a year a two ago that (some) retailers share data on bad shoppers, as in ones who say things didn't arrive, etc.

if qvc are sharing data it will be total false. half the time the items were not in stock, never delivered and they are still taking your money and making you go through their old fashioned hoops for a refund. time for customers to share data about bad companies

They've arrived! Never have I been so relieved to see a parcel. If it was the same guy I hope this block is now seared onto his memory! I didn't like to accuse him of being the twit who has been going to the wrong place. I am glad I did the myhermes web chat as well as the QCS complaint though. That's over until the October ADs!!!!!

They are freezing cold but to me they all smell delightful and rather similar. Very sweet, powdery and fresh fresh fresh. I am glad they got such a favourable press on here (thanks Tarketta) cos I have never been tempted by them before.

Andi, have yours arrived yet?

They've arrived! Never have I been so relieved to see a parcel. If it was the same guy I hope this block is now seared onto his memory! I didn't like to accuse him of being the twit who has been going to the wrong place. I am glad I did the myhermes web chat as well as the QCS complaint though. That's over until the October ADs!!!!!

They are freezing cold but to me they all smell delightful and rather similar. Very sweet, powdery and fresh fresh fresh. I am glad they got such a favourable press on here (thanks Tarketta) cos I have never been tempted by them before.

Andi, have yours arrived yet?

Phew, I'm pleased for you too! And thanks for asking. I am not long back from a long lunch in London, a bit worse for wear (we were turfed out in the end). The box was here when I got back - it was the other side of a locked gate and I did wonder if he had chucked it over or put his hands through the bars and sort of lowered it to the ground, which is possible, but you never know. They are all undamaged but the lids were very loose - I don't know if the loose lids explains the lack of smell but they are very, very weak to me. Nice though! I'm not going to say they are my favourite ever but I do like them and I don't regret the purchase at all. I'll keep them somewhere to warm up and sniff again. I may even light one this week as the one I've been burning is just about finished.

Next time I have a problem with Hermes, I'll try the web chat thing as that sounds like the way to go. QVC CS do very little to help, in my experience.

Mine arrived today too.
They're nice, not very strong on cold sniff. Think Brown Paper Packages might be my favourite but may change once they're lit.
Glad yours arrived safely.

Latest posts

Back