Gill Gauntlett and Richard Jackson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Currently on touting some water fountains - which look quite nice, actually. The problem is that I cannot bear Jill Gauntlett's voice, nor Richard Jackson's. The on-screen titles introduce Gauntlett as a "homestyle expert," whatever that means. I suspect they may mean "home (space) style" expert," however I'm not sure. What are her credentials, exactly? Did they just grab her from Croydon Job Centre?

Not sure that anyone needs "credentials", Julius, to bollock on about plastic fountains. It is unskilled work that any old sucker with the gift of the gab and a brass neck can do.

gill always looks fit to burst so much is her enthusiasm for everything she sells. everything qvc sells is superb and excellent value :mysmilie_15:

I really don't understand what she brings to anything. She has zero charisma and a horrid, grating, common voice. She looks like any number of frightful, chavvy bints one might encounter in the aisles at Asda. She's certainly not the Waitrose type.

Does anyone actually swallow this carp? What qualifications do you need to set yourself up as a so-called 'expert' in this field? It's like these people who tout themselves as an 'adviser' to visit your home to help you plan your wardrobe and the styles/colours that suit you - most of them dress like an unmade bed themselves, so how the hell they are qualified to advise anyone is one of life's unsolved mysteries. I suppose if you have cheek enough with nothing to back it up there's always someone, somewhere who will be taken in. To me, the word 'expert' denotes someone who has the training, qualifications and actual life experience in the field to allow them to claim that title. On this basis, probably very few of selly telly presenters or guests would qualify.

Currently on touting some water fountains - which look quite nice, actually. The problem is that I cannot bear Jill Gauntlett's voice, nor Richard Jackson's. The on-screen titles introduce Gauntlett as a "homestyle expert," whatever that means. I suspect they may mean "home (space) style" expert," however I'm not sure. What are her credentials, exactly? Did they just grab her from Croydon Job Centre?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back