Telephone caller on Butler & Wilson hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yeah, sorry. I tried to delete it when I saw the post was displaying in an odd way. Not sure what's happening there as I have posted many links in the past without a problem. Let me see if I can find it again and you can google it to get to it.

Aw don't worry Andi, seeing that Cheesey git be at the end of that call is something I'll never forget. :mysmilie_17:

And migraine inducing, I kid you not!

I once bought a bottle of Tova perfume and hated it so I left it in the staffroom where I worked at the time and thought someone else might like it. Usually anything left in the staffroom disappeared within hours but I kid you not, when I say that bottle of Tova was still there when I retired several years later. Obviously it was hated by all.

In the early days of Tova, the wife of a very well known actor phoned in. She said she was wearing Tova perfume all over, and was waiting for him to return home from his west end play. She sounded like she'd had a little drink...possibly :mysmilie_11:

Someone on Q`s facebook page has posted that during the BW show there was a closeup of Julia`s chest and how hairy it looked lol.
Oh how I wish that person had rung the studio during the show, it would have been priceless.

Someone on Q`s facebook page has posted that during the BW show there was a closeup of Julia`s chest and how hairy it looked lol.
Oh how I wish that person had rung the studio during the show, it would have been priceless.

She's probably read it and sat there hyperventilating with her NO!NO!. Pity Pity Simon Biagi doesn't borrow it. Mind you, I don't think it's that bad for a man to have chest hair. I have some, not not excessively so.

OMG They just had another caller - Jill from Ladbroke Grove. She asked Simon if he could make a brooch of a black labrador with a white front. Simon said: "E-mail me a photo" to which Jill replied: "I could do," to which Simon replied: "You WILL do," only for Jill to reveal that her dog had died, and that "she is not on e-mail!" You could just see the awkwardness in their faces! Like the other callers, Jill couldn't pick up on the cues that QVC wanted to end the conversation. She kept burbling on about how her family had a a shop called "Lord Kitcheners." Clearly Dale Franklin and Simon Wilson couldn't care less, but it was brilliant to watch them feigning interest! Akwardness abound once again!

:mysmilie_15:

Am laughing SO much at the telephone caller, Sheila, who came through on the Butler & Wilson hour. She wouldn't answer a single one of Simon Wilson's questions. It was brilliantly awkward and reminiscent of the old QVC. She was very much the typical QVC caller, of more mature years, moribund and with no ability to interact and have a conversation. She just said what she wanted to say and spoke over Simon Wilson. He even asked her how she managed to get the call put through to the studio. There was no rapport whatsoever.

I must admit that when there is a 'T-Caller' phones I tend to mute, as they usually are 'gushing' about how 'wonderful' the item/brand is or start talking incensecently about 'nothing at all', I am guessing from this post that it was the latter. I akin a 'T-caller' to when a model is asked a question about the beauty or clothes that they are helping to promote, in that they are not quite sure of the questions, so they have no time to formulate an measured response so tend to 'go off on one', which kind of makes for (in my eyes) uncomfortable viewing. I know that others will probably like the models and 'real people' opinions but for me I prefer factual information (no matter how annoying) with regards to the products that they are flogging!

I was trying to find the catch-up / replay link to the earlier hour with the woman whose dog had died. It was kind of like an Alan Bennett monologue in that it was both at once tragic and comical. I'm not suggesting that it is funny that the lady lost her dog - of course it is not. It's just the way the conversation escalated in awkwardness on every level, and seeing Simon Wilson and Dale Franklin squirm was amusing.
How long is if before the hours become viewable again online?

Awful thought - the powers that be, stung by the criticism regarding requests to "tweet us", have decided to resurrect the phone call to perpetuate the myth that we're all part of the QVC family. Back in the day there were callers who rambled on or were patently lonely but I don't think anyone was brave or savvy enough to 'do a Julius' on air. This could be very amusing. I looked for Julia's hairy chest but couldn't see much but I thought she looked puffy & quite poorly.

I think that person should have gone to Specsavers. I've just looked at vid for item 312979.

Agree absolutely with these points. Speak to a large cross-section of employers and they'll tell you that some young people have very poor communication and social skills, and some of the recent Uni graduates can be the worst, with a sense of entitlement and wanting to be MD by the end of the week (and no, I have nothing whatsoever against those who go to Uni, as I went there myself many moons ago!).
I saw the caller later in the show who had as much enthusiasm as a slug, talk about drawing teeth.I thought in these days of social media the days of the 'caller' had gone.I tend to cringe when I hear one they can be very funny but more often embarrassing.I know it seems to be the domain of us more mature persons to come over like this, but PLEASE do not put us all into this category.I interact with people usually on a daily basis, very articulate, interesting & some elderly people.Contrast this when I lived in a large city to be met with blank stares (or more often completely ignored) while jumping out of the way of the 'texters'.It really worries me when I see a group of people totally engrossed with some screen.At least this silver haired senior can interact with humans!
Note on the B&W offerings seen in last night's show--big & brash, totally awful OMO of course!!

Latest posts

Back