Electronics

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
I was wondering if anyone else was confused by the tech sold on Q, they either sell decent products (obviously not really competitevly priced but that's not the point of this 'rant'), such as Apple (OK they have the 'tech-support' weighted against purchase), Samsung TV's and Tom-Tom Sat Nav's. They then sell mobile phones (other than the Apple), that are to say the least 'rubbish', I mean the latest one was the 5 o'clock showing of the Alcatel phone, really is anyone going to buy a phone that has a 'disco' everytime a text or phone call comes through, lets just say that 'real-world' reviews are not exactly favourable of this product, this seems to be the case of many of the phones that aren't Apple. I am surprised that they don't sell Samsung mobile phones, as they sell their TV's, I wonder if there is some sort of restriction. I know that these are similarly priced to Apple but they are good for what they are.

its got to be the profit. apple for qvc is not enough of a margin so the puff up the item with cheap add ons to inflate the price to the misguided

its got to be the profit. apple for qvc is not enough of a margin so the puff up the item with cheap add ons to inflate the price to the misguided

Yeah I agree with you and that is what I thought, however I think they have kind of 'shot themselves in the foot' a bit as the new 2017 Apple Ipad is only a £60 mark-up when compared to the high street, so this surely kind of makes a mockery of all the other items with Tech-Support! I recently 'treated' myself to an ipad pro which I got from a well known high-street catalogue shop (thus not a discount price), for £519, so even adding the £150 (or what ever price they decided to put the piece of paper at this week), it is a £230 that is huge mark-up, others are different, I know Q's pricing structure is designed to baffle and confuse and fair play to them they do do that with aplomb!

Latest posts

Back