Has anyone bought a good umbrella from QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Has anyone bought a good umbrella from QVC (or anywhere else, for that matter)?

I've misplaced my trusty automatic umbrella that I bought from M&S about 10 years ago. I know QVC always like to think their products are better that the "high street?" An umbrella is just the sort of thing I would expect them to sell but I cannot remember the last time I saw one on there.

I am looking for a really good quality umbrella that opens at the touch of a button, preferably with a burr walnut effect handle. I don't mind paying a bit extra for something durable.

Any suggestions?

I bought the Q vented umbrella they reckon is fab for really high winds. So as I live in London I reckon I've used it about twice as we don't get so much extreme weather as say rural parts.... or I just don't go out in it! It is very heavy and quite unwieldy, but it is strong. Otherwise I just buy at Boots or Marks. I can remember my father only considering one brand to be adquate (was it Fulton perhaps....) and it had to have a minimum number of spokes! But nowadays I doubt many people really bother about all that.

The best umbrella I've had was a Knirps, lasted through really rough weather and the selling feature at the time, in the 80's, was that it didn't collapse when blown inside out, it didn't. Now I have M&S and Dr.Neuser ones I alternate depending on outfit, no problems yet!

marks and spencer or fulton are good. i liked the qvc heavy ones but the kipling ones are rubbish

Rarely use them. Not enough hands for dog walking, and trying to open or close them when getting in or out of a car is challenging.

On the same weather tac. Does anyone on here experience really COLD weather in the winter ? Living in N. Herts area we can get a few extreme weather days, but on the whole its mainly rain, wind, and frost. Yet to hear QVC promoting their outerwear we all need to be wrapped up like eskimos for six months ! I've found that a good parka type coat suffices for dog walking etc, but big winter coats are a thing of the past for me. The winters in recent years have been so mild that they haven't been necessary.

There is a completely new design that opens and closes the opposite way to normal.

When you fold it, the wet side is on the INSIDE

Also, if getting into a car, it folds in such a way that you can get right inside before folding it, because of the way it folds.

Can't remember what it's called, trying to google it, will put up a link if I find it.

There is a completely new design that opens and closes the opposite way to normal.

Also, if getting into a car, it folds in such a way that you can get right inside before folding it, because of the way it folds.

Can't remember what it's called, trying to google it, will put up a link if I find it.

Link to video --------------

ST WONT POST VIDEO.

GOOGLE KAZBRELLA VIDEO

Link to video --------------

ST WONT POST VIDEO.

GOOGLE KAZBRELLA VIDEO

Ah, I thought it was just me when I was trying to post YouTube links earlier. I shut everything down on my computer, logged out and restarted it again but looks like it's a shoppingtelly.com problem after all that!

I found an umbrella in Asda of all places. Only £10. It's fully automatic opening and closing and has a burr walnut effect handle that looks surprisingly realistic. I opened it and closed it and twirled and spun it, then shook it, so as to test its quality, and it seemed robust, so I bought it. I'm keeping the receipt and should it let me down it's going straight back. I also bought a few cheap £1 umbrellas to go in each of my cars - one in each glovebox, so I'm never without an umbrella. I might be ordering one called "Balios," but haven't decided yet.

Here's the one I got. The pics don't do it justice:

https://groceries.asda.com/product/winter-essentials/automatic-black-umbrella/910002687121

Last edited:
Oh and Julius, you could do worse than buy your brolly from QVC - last year, Jill Franks was presenting a £25 Lulu Guinness umbrella for which the USP was, apparently, "it stops you getting wet". I mean, what other shop's brollies can offer such a feature? It must be true, too, because JF had one and had bought one for all her girlfriends as well.

Oh and Julius, you could do worse than buy your brolly from QVC - last year, Jill Franks was presenting a £25 Lulu Guinness umbrella for which the USP was, apparently, "it stops you getting wet". I mean, what other shop's brollies can offer such a feature? It must be true, too, because JF had one and had bought one for all her girlfriends as well.

Oh. she is awful. Is there any QVC product she simply cannot live without? I'd have thought she'd have an Orla Kiely one with some avocado green hexagons on it or something, or maybe a Kelly Hoppen one in celeron grey with a nice subtle honeycomb weave in it.

JF is so dense at extolling the keeping you dry feature. Of course it flippin' well does. It's an umbrella! Like so many personal accessories it's good to have a good quality one. I personally wouldn't be without my Fisher Space Pen. It's the best pen on the market.

Has anyone bought a good umbrella from QVC (or anywhere else, for that matter)?

I've misplaced my trusty automatic umbrella that I bought from M&S about 10 years ago. I know QVC always like to think their products are better that the "high street?" An umbrella is just the sort of thing I would expect them to sell but I cannot remember the last time I saw one on there.

I am looking for a really good quality umbrella that opens at the touch of a button, preferably with a burr walnut effect handle. I don't mind paying a bit extra for something dur
Any suggestions?
QVC used to sell Windguard umbrellas which were very good, however, I got a replacement from Amazon.

I bought 2 windguard from Q years and years ago but they are quite heavy although to be honest the lighter the brolly the more likely they are to be useless in all but a light summer drizzle. I like a ultralight one for my bag just in case.

I am quite upset with myself for losing the original umbrella. I have checked everywhere and it's gone. One of my vehicles has two boots and I had been hoping I'd left it in the rear boot - but no. It's not there. That's why I bought the Asda and £1 shop umbrellas. I hate not being without any umbrella.

Seen as there are probs with posting vids I've copy and pasted YouTube link.
Revers-A-Brella Double Layer Inverted No Drip Deluxe Umbrella w Case on QVC

I am quite upset with myself for losing the original umbrella. I have checked everywhere and it's gone. One of my vehicles has two boots and I had been hoping I'd left it in the rear boot - but no. It's not there. That's why I bought the Asda and £1 shop umbrellas. I hate not being without any umbrella.

What sort of car has 2 boots? I had one with a front boot, but the engine was where the rear boot would be.

Latest posts

Back