Poll: Shampoo and Conditioner - the best?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What's the best shampoo and/or conditioner around?

• Ojon

Votes: 15 15.3%
  • Philip Kingsley

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Hairfix

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sheer Splendour (Philosophy)

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Aveda

Votes: 29 29.6%
  • Molton Brown

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • A'Kin

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • L'Occitane

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 27 27.6%
  • MOP

Votes: 11 11.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Everyone helped me a few weeks ago i was in the same dilema, but eventually wasnted to try something a bit different and went for A'kin and also the PK Elasticiser (was on 3 easy pay!!).
Do I like my choice?? PK yes love it - A'kin my hair doesn't seem to stay clean very long though it does say takes a while to work.
But bought the A'kin from them and was cheaper than QVC, just have to wash it more often, but does give hair a lot of body and bounce and I have THICK hair!!
Mollymoo
:29:

A few months ago I would have said Ojon, but having used my Aveda a couple of times lately instead of the Ojon, I voted Aveda. My hair looked better having used the Aveda.

Wished they still did Aveda on QVC

Aveda for me.

I use the Shampure Shampoo and the Elixir Leave-on Conditioner. However, the conditioner has now been discontinued, so I'm trying their Sap Moss Detangler at the moment, which seems pretty good.

I have used Aveda for years but recently started using a brand called trilogy (dont think qvc stock it but the brand is available online) which uses all natural ingredients with no chemical nasties and my hair has never been better. I use their smooth shine range and having suffered for years with frizzies and whispy hairs that get worse in muggy climates or rain - this makes my hair look salon smooth something no other brand (without the skills of a hairdresser) has been able to do. I have been so impressed!

Good luck for your search for your perfect haircare range!

I loved Aveda shampure and would get the tsv's.
But now I use Aussie volume shampoo as I have fine hair, I dont generally use a conditioner. My hair is a bit carp at the moment because of the meanapause.

I remember seeing egg shampoo's but probably died out during the eggwina currie debacle :20:

I don't use the same brand for every hairwash, as whats good for my scalp isn't good for my hair. Get ready for swearing but Pantene is one that gets used the most. Ive tried MOP (though may get some again) and Molton Brown (OH uses this most). A friend swears by Ojon, but I swear at the price.

I use Wilkinson's version of the Aussie range most of the time - I swap it with another cheapy from time to time.

Tried Ojon - wasn't that impressed for the price. No real difference.

Not fond of Pantene and Herbal essences strip my hair. I'm dyed blonde and my hair is very soft. I use camellia oil as a treatment now and again.

Ali x

Kerastase is my all time fave products.Currently using the Age Recharge range(green bottles)which was recommended to me & it is indeed very good but I prefer the Nutritive range(yellow bottles)which though it's more for dry dehydrated hair,it works perfectly wll on my highlighted blonde hair.Yes,they're quite expensive but they last for ages.
Ojon would be my 2nd fave especially the Restorative treatment.
I also love Aveda(more for the fab smells)Blue Malva,Shampure & Colour conserve but like Birdie,I find Aveda leaves my hair knotty.Gorgeous smells though.

tigi or charles worthington for me :) really want to try Aveda but still haven't gotten round to ordering it!

I voted for MOP but use Ojon and Aveda as well. I use MOP Glisten mostly then use the Ojon Hydrating a couple of times a week and Aveda Hair Detoxifer once a week.

I miss Aveda from QVC as the TSV's with the Shampure Litre sizes were excellent value.

I tried Ojon as an alternative to Aveda and it was lovely, but find the restorative treatment a bit of a bore, having to remember to do it an hour or two before a shower.

Bad news, I think Aveda are discontinuing the Sap Moss range as well as Elixir.

:11:

I've been using Ojon or Liz earle shower for over a month and my scalp and skin has been significantly better. Over the last couple of days used a L'Occitane Verbena shower cream - and scalp is irritated again. Previously I've been able to use L'Occitane so a bit disappointed as I've a stock pile that may have to go!

Therefore despite the cost I will stick to Ojon unless i try the Boots Naked range for cost once i've used up the Ojon.

I know its SLS that is the real killer for me as I had one finger that remained irritated despite using no SLS for weeks. Until I got a sensitive tooth and switched to Sensodyne gel which was SLS free - skin on finger improved significantly. Went back to colgate and within days skin was irritated again - realised it was the finger that supports my toothbrush as I brush! Therefore avoiding SLS is becoming essential so I can be eczema free for first time in 44 years!

Over the last couple of days used a L'Occitane Verbena shower cream - and scalp is irritated again. Previously I've been able to use L'Occitane so a bit disappointed as I've a stock pile that may have to go!

Well if you decide you want to sell that - let me know, would be more than happy to take it off your hands! :54:

Many thanks for all your ideas and help! It has been interesting to see the variation of brands - especially the high street ones over "premium" brands. I've decided to have a go with Kevin Murphy, as the reviews are good, no SLS, and at the moment the sale means the stuff is pretty cheap. (1/2 usual price) May end up with the 69p stuff in the end! :1:

Has to be the samy range from superdrugs.I used to see this range on ideal world and thought it was overhyped.I was so wrong i love the shampoo and it does what it says.Its the first time iv used shampoo till the end and repurchased.:)

Latest posts

Back