Dragon's Den

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yorkrose26

Registered Shopper
No I have not posted on the wrong forum, or am going 'cuckoo' (well the latter may be true, but not in the case of this (kind of)), no I have just caught a snippet of Dragon's Den and seen two entrepreneurs 'requesting', money for a Health Food Brand, they have apparently got GT Awards, so what's the betting that in the not too distant future they will be on Q. I don't want to do any free advertising as such but the Nature and Creative feature in the companies title!

There was also a good backstory, the woman of the company suffered allergies etc, so wanted to create her own, a bit I suppose like the woman on Q who started her beauty brand because of her daughter's allergies.

It was one of my favourite programmes but I don't think I'll watch it again.

The whole thing has become far too contrived, what with the constant fast zooms onto people's faces, the constant reaction shots of the dragons (looking to the left in amazement, then looking to the right in amazement, then looking to the left in amaz ............... etc etc etc).

And even contrived closeups all the time of the contestant's hands fidgeting behind their backs.

And it is known that Evan Davies is not even there, his bits get edited in afterwards.

And I am SURE the lift doesn't actually exist, it is just a mockup on the same floor as the dragons, and in a STUDIO, not a warehouse.

It has gone beyond its sell-by date IMO

It was one of my favourite programmes but I don't think I'll watch it again.

The whole thing has become far too contrived, what with the constant fast zooms onto people's faces, the constant reaction shots of the dragons (looking to the left in amazement, then looking to the right in amazement, then looking to the left in amaz ............... etc etc etc).

And even contrived closeups all the time of the contestant's hands fidgeting behind their backs.

And it is known that Evan Davies is not even there, his bits get edited in afterwards.

And I am SURE the lift doesn't actually exist, it is just a mockup on the same floor as the dragons, and in a STUDIO, not a warehouse.

It has gone beyond its sell-by date IMO

I hate it when shows like this go that way. They usually start more naturally and descend into naff reality style. It's the same with all the singing contest shows and any show where a panel makes a decision of any kind. They record shots of expressions on faces and cut and paste them in to create humour/tension and to string out the suspense of "will they" / "won't they". I used to watch DD regularly but half the time now, I don't know whether it's on or not. (Is there a series currently airing?) I still quite like it as an occasional thing.

There was a round-up a year or two ago of what entrants in previous series had gone on to do and they showed one guy appearing on or auditioning for QVC. No idea now what his product was.

I hate it when shows like this go that way. They usually start more naturally and descend into naff reality style. It's the same with all the singing contest shows and any show where a panel makes a decision of any kind. They record shots of expressions on faces and cut and paste them in to create humour/tension and to string out the suspense of "will they" / "won't they". I used to watch DD regularly but half the time now, I don't know whether it's on or not. (Is there a series currently airing?) I still quite like it as an occasional thing.

There was a round-up a year or two ago of what entrants in previous series had gone on to do and they showed one guy appearing on or auditioning for QVC. No idea now what his product was.

Curved nail file?

Latest posts

Back