Elemis TSV 17/09/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The new Pro-Collagen Marine Oil for the face will be part of it.:)

The new Pro-Collagen Marine Oil for the face will be part of it.:)

Answering a lady's post on Facebook Keeley replied with this:-
'Keeley Aydin- Elemis on QVC
The eye will be in sept TSV and yes would recommend using it ( so is the night ) the ultra rich is more nourishing so for a drier skin'
So, me being the 'Sherlock' that I am, I deduce that the Pro-Collagen Advanced Eye Treatment & the Pro-Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream will be included as well.
If the Pro Collagen Marine Mask (100ml) is included as well I will definitely be buying.

For anyone who doesn't know.... the marine oil smells exactly like the cleansing balm.

I love the new marine oil so I intend to buy this TSV. I also need a new eye cream so this will come in handy.

The TSV has 5 products in it and we know two for certain (marine oil & advanced eye). I've kept a list of stuff it's not from what Keeley said during the shows of the last TSV:
No toner
No pcmc
No frangipani
No body products
No bliss capsules
No night time cream-oil
No cleansing balm
No micellar water

Answering a lady's post on Facebook Keeley replied with this:-
'Keeley Aydin- Elemis on QVC
The eye will be in sept TSV and yes would recommend using it ( so is the night ) the ultra rich is more nourishing so for a drier skin'
So, me being the 'Sherlock' that I am, I deduce that the Pro-Collagen Advanced Eye Treatment & the Pro-Collagen Oxygenating Night Cream will be included as well.
If the Pro Collagen Marine Mask (100ml) is included as well I will definitely be buying.
Still haven't tried the Oxygenating Night Cream nor the Eye Treatment so probably won't be buying the next TSV.

I actually bought a salon size 250mls of the PCM Mask on Ebay, the seller does nothing but Elemis or Bliss brand. So take it they work for Elemis. Arrived and its sealed for under £40. The last one I bought lasted a few years.

I actually bought a salon size 250mls of the PCM Mask on Ebay, the seller does nothing but Elemis or Bliss brand. So take it they work for Elemis. Arrived and its sealed for under £40. The last one I bought lasted a few years.

Could you share a link please?

Okay the seller has nothing to sell at the moment(away on holiday?), but they are pantha1508 ebay.

When I bought they had various saloon size Elemis masks the herbal repair was one and kits of travel sizes too.

Okay going to mention this. I was at the Elemis counter and chatting to the SA(a friend), she had no samples of the new oil seems their sample order when missing bit row over that. Anyway I had a look at the PCM oil and was rather surprised to see camphor in the ingredient list. I asked why as I think camphor, I think not gentle or something I would want on my skin. She had no idea? The last oil they brought out in the gold bottle broke me out in red lumps from a sample, strangely also her and the counter manager. :mysmilie_17: I was okay with the superfood oil though.

So if you have sensitive skin even if Keeley insists its for all skin types, just be careful. A number of people broke out from the night gel/cream stuff too reading Facebook

I always thought Liz Earle's Cleanse and Polish smelt of camphor, is it in that I wonder?

Just googled it, apparently not!

I was reading an article in Cosmopolitan mag at the hairdressers yesterday. It was a 3 page feature on beauty bloggers and skincare. Dermatologists are warning that too many younger clients are having skin problems caused by following recommendations from these bloggers....not all of course. They did an experiment with the writer using loads of expensive products every day, layering umpteen products as recommended. When seen by the dermatologist for a review, she had clogged up skin and other problems.
The advice from the article was to stop using too many products on your face, the trend for double cleansing is stripping skin, and should only be done if wearing heavy make up.
Stop layering too many products on top of each other, find something that suits and stick with that. The article obviously covered all the details of this, but this is just a summary.

I do follow Caroline Hirons advice most of the time. I don't follow all of her advice all of the time, but the double cleanse advise is "double cleanse if wearing makeup and/or spf". It's good advice, as if you don't cleanse thoroughly in those case you will get spots.

A double cleanse could be using one product on your eyes, and one product (for one go-around) on your face. So it doesn't always need to be a full face-off cleanse x2 each time.

With any beauty products you haven't used, it is vital to patch test so you don't get a nasty reaction displayed across your face (and avoid any permanent damage).

I think there is a danger with QVC and beauty brands... QVC's relentless quest for more "new" and "exclusive" means that brands bring out some completely rubbish products to meet the need (anyone remember the Elemis Evening Blooms Dry Body Oil in the dark blue glass bottle which was in one year's Xmas TSV? Otherwise known as headache in a bottle... it never saw the light of day outside of that TSV. Then there were the short-lived AVON-inspired Liz Earle bath and body products).

We all need age and skin type appropriate cleansing and moisturising. Some like a toner - but what is a toner for? What it shouldn't be for is removing your makeup... or drying out your skin. If you want exfoliation, an acid toner... but it should be paired with a hydrating toner afterwards to make sure the exfoliation doesn't go too far. Alternatively go for an exfoliator you use as an event (perhaps followed by a good quality mask).

QVC (and inevitably the brand guest) will leave proper skincare advice behind in the thrust for sales of a massive volume TSV. Yes, it will suit all ages and all skintypes (it won't). Yes it's unisex (sometimes true). Yes, you need all the bits in the kit for your full regime... together with whatever upsell kits they've got to fill in the routine steps (no, you don't). Do you need an eye cream? Not necessarily... it rather depends on the texture of your face cream. Do you need a neck/dec cream? Again, not necessarily. Do you need oils and serums? Again, not necessarily.

Best thing to do is get to know your own skin. Touch it with clean hands, and use a good mirror to see and feel what it's about, on a regular basis. Have the confidence to decide on a day by day basis what your skin feels like and therefore what it needs.

Ignore all the "push-push-push" of the TSV presentations and only consider what your skin truly needs. If it is a range that your skin loves, and the products are ones you use and find beneficial most of the time, chances are you will get the value and be happy to buy it and get maximum use out of it.

I will be looking out on the day for the Advanced Eye product, which is a favourite of mine, but I won't be rushing for any TSV as they mostly get the PCMC in them, or the Oxygenating Night Cream and I rate neither product for my skin.

What would be nice, though, would be if Christine was presenting rather than them flying Keeley in. As it is likely to be Keeley, I most probably will have a browse on the website to see what's on offer and then decide what I'll buy, if anything.

Latest posts

Back