Bank Holiday Bonanza

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
Everybody ready for yet another long and boring bank holiday on QVC? Why is it, that when a holiday comes around, they suddenly think that everyone wants to watch nothing but gardening? I think there are something like 17 hours across the weekend, including the TSV. Surely it must drive a lot of people away, people who would most likely be sitting watching with not much else to do while all the others are already out in their gardens! If they wanted to sell for the holiday, they needed to have aired all this a couple of weeks ago. Many of us are not interested but they don't provide any alternative. It'll be the same old tat from the same old faces.

Good grief, when QVC have a bank holiday, all you can bank on are crap prices and an extra four days added on your delivery time.

Everybody ready for yet another long and boring bank holiday on QVC? Why is it, that when a holiday comes around, they suddenly think that everyone wants to watch nothing but gardening? I think there are something like 17 hours across the weekend, including the TSV. Surely it must drive a lot of people away, people who would most likely be sitting watching with not much else to do while all the others are already out in their gardens! If they wanted to sell for the holiday, they needed to have aired all this a couple of weeks ago. Many of us are not interested but they don't provide any alternative. It'll be the same old tat from the same old faces.

I read that the Gardening Shows are the most popular on QVC.

I can understand people watching some of the shows to get some ideas for their own gardens, but I'm amazed if their sales of products from these shows are that high, as most of the plants and gardening sundries are way dearer than you'd pay in either a garden centre or stores like Poundland, who do a lot of garden products these days. Most garden centres are far from cheap, but Q's prices are off the wall. And having two - or even three - presenters (one of whom is usually the Gnome) talking over each other is a total bore. Having hours and hours of the same product is overkill, even for gardening enthusiasts.
I read that the Gardening Shows are the most popular on QVC.

I love gardening and I usually watch the shows. You can get cheaper plants out there but a lot of them fail because they are little more than seedlings when they arrive, so not quite as good value for money as first seemed. All my De Jager bulbs have been beautiful when they've flowered and Plants 2 Gardens do extremely good quality plants. If anything from QVC is rubbish plantwise, a call to customer services has the money refunded. Not for everyone I know but I like to watch and see what's on offer (which is often a pile of tat I will agree). I won't be watching on Monday as I'm off to an agricultural show which will no doubt be far more exciting.

CC

Having been ‘taken in’ by the Gnome’s exaggerated claims in the past and wasted a lot of money in the process, I vowed that I would never buy anything that he had anything to do with ever again. Thankfully, I’ve stuck to my guns.
I did however order a few plants from IW recently, and have got to say that I’ve been very pleased with all my purchase from them. The plants all arrived quickly and in good shape and have flourished.

Having been ‘taken in’ by the Gnome’s exaggerated claims in the past and wasted a lot of money in the process, I vowed that I would never buy anything that he had anything to do with ever again. Thankfully, I’ve stuck to my guns.
I did however order a few plants from IW recently, and have got to say that I’ve been very pleased with all my purchase from them. The plants all arrived quickly and in good shape and have flourished.

Yes me too, I've had some lovely plants and mine all arrived in great condition, also the beauty of Ideal World is they have a life time guarantee too so nothing to lose.

Bank Holiday Bonanza

I just hope CR will get all the gardening hours , two birds with one stone, I never watch RJ or CR.

Yes me too, I've had some lovely plants and mine all arrived in great condition, also the beauty of Ideal World is they have a life time guarantee too so nothing to lose.

That's interesting. I've never watched IW, thinking I should.
I bought some delphiniums on offer from Hayloft this year, nearly every one has died off & I'm usually ok with plants as have had over an acre of exposed garden to contend with for over 35 years in not the best growing conditions on the side of the moors in the far north.

That's interesting. I've never watched IW, thinking I should.
I bought some delphiniums on offer from Hayloft this year, nearly every one has died off & I'm usually ok with plants as have had over an acre of exposed garden to contend with for over 35 years in not the best growing conditions on the side of the moors in the far north.

Apparent they do, last year I emailed for something or other and happened to mentioned my flowers had died after four years, so they emailed me back answering my original question and refunded me for my dead four year old flowers. She said certain suppliers have a life time guarantee but if ever I'm not happy never hesitate to get in touch, just email in and they'll sort it out as it's their pleasure to look after their regular customers, so I said thanks very much. :mysmilie_14:

Latest posts

Back