Retin A products on QVC (Milia)

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

DunmowDizzy

Registered Shopper
I have a little crop of milia on my cheek and a couple more elsewhere on my face that really bother me. I am considering a trip to the dermatologist but have seen online that use of retin A can help so thought I might try this first. I have a massive stash of QVC skincare and am guessing I already have some products containing it. Do any of you know which QVC products and brands contain this to help me to identify what to use next in my stash?

Do any of you have any personal experience of getting rid of milia to give me hope?

Thanks in advance!😘

I'm not sure about the products that you already have but Q are selling The Ordinary range and it contains Advanced Retinoid 2%. This can be bought on it's own from the company called Deciem. This company also sell other brands. I too would love to start using a retinoid but my skin is super sensitive and can't tolerate anything even slightly more aggressive.

The only person I have ever heard mention milia on Q is Andrew Bagley so maybe Gatineau have something?? If you are on social media you could perhaps ask him via FB or Twitter? I can't remember what he said about milia now though it was years ago. Sorry!

Oh yes, Deciem do loads of different stuff don't they so perhaps one of their ranges would help.

Has Fiona mentioned millia as well not sure which product though.
Also I think it was mentioned on Alpha H, eye gel I think, and may be liquid gold (can anyone confirm)?

I have milia on top of cheekbone on one side, also one on eyelid ( which annoys me the most) I have not tried any particular treatment.
I did however visit a dermatologist , whom advised me to avoid oil products , use water based products . I do have some oil products in ' stash' which I try to avoid using around this area, I have however stopped using oil cleansers .
Be interested to see any advice on this thread.

Thanks to all so far. Yes great idea to 'ask Alison'. Decleor products are my favourite to use and have heard Fiona say that the Nightbalms can remove milia but using the nightbalm hasn't worked for me.

I get them occasionally and I'm embarrassed to admit I take a small, sterilised safety pin and gouge them out :mysmilie_493:

It's been a while since I posted a - check out Caroline Hirons' blog... here's the link to her milia cheat sheet: https://www.carolinehirons.com/2011/08/milia-cheat-sheet.html

Jumping straight into retinol/retinoid/retin A products may not be required.

I occasionally get milia (not often, admittedly) and there's nothing like persistently, gently exfoliating and moisturising your skin. Caroline's cheat sheet goes straightforwardly through what you should do and not do.

Retin A is the brand name for the prescription-only tretinoin. It is only licensed for acne in the UK but dermatologists will happily charge you an arm and a leg for a small tube for cosmetic reasons (such as wrinkles - it's one of the few things that actually work). Alternatively, go on holiday somewhere that treats you like a grown up and will sell you the stuff at £1 per tube. I get mine from India but I believe you can also buy it over the counter in Spain, Mexico and Thailand.

I am sure that Fiona from Decleor said to massage Aromessence into the milia but that would contradict the advice to stay away from oils. After hearing Fiona say this about milia I massaged an Aromessence on, what I can only describe as a raised blackhead on the edge of my lip. I did this just the once & the next day it had gone.

Thank you QuiteVacuousChat, I was about to say this. People hear retinol and think its retinol A, no.

you need to find out what is causing the milia, usually a product is doing it. On cheeks some ingredient in blush or even your foundation. Eyes cream you are using.

I am bad, any time I have had one on cheek yes I use the needle method. But actually just push down and massaging will will, no special product needed really. Don't push too hard just firm finger on the milia and massage in circular motion.

At the end of the day milia is just a blackhead that is under the skin, it does not turn black because not in contact with the air.

I use my Clarisonic and just don't get them now. Well one on my eyelid, stopped using that eye cream and just massaged it down.

Donna, how long does it take to massage it down? I noticed I got one when I went heavy on cheese and I couldn't extract it even after a few attempts.

Doctor told my husband it was due to high cholesterol. She happened to see them under his eyes when he went to the surgery.

Donna, how long does it take to massage it down? I noticed I got one when I went heavy on cheese and I couldn't extract it even after a few attempts.

I did it twice a day and it was less than a week. This was the one on my eyelid.

The things caused by cholesterol are not milia. A friend had this removed with surgery, these are large white lumps in the hollow under the eye area. Sorry cannot remember the name of them?

Remember that the people on QVC and elsewhere telling you their product will solve milia are salespeople, not necessarily skincare experts.

You need to get advice from someone with skincare expertise, who isn't trying to sell you wonder product A, B, C...

Gently, patiently, exfoliating your skin and keeping it moisturised is the best way to avoid scarring or other damage. If you are going to go in yourself make sure everything you use - including the area around the milia and your hands and any implements are scrupulously clean before you start to minimise the risk of infection.

Latest posts

Back