Decleor TSV 19/11/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I didn't think much of the way AY announced the delay as a positive, as if they had done it on purpose. It was the way she said that it is even on advanced orders so you don't have to pay etc etc. There was a mistake. Say that. Will had already mentioned it. Why does Q always try to massage the truth? Fake news, lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My understanding is that money is only deducted when item is dispatched.

qvc take the money from your account check to see if that happens to you . when you phone them up they will tell you they don't have it,its in a holding account. that means your money is taken and kept in this instance for nearly a month plus despatch time. qvc are really putting themslves on the spot as people will cancel when the novelty wears off

I am probably going to cancel, Alison can go on & on about 'your money coming out when dispatched' However AY the date of 11/12 is not convenient for me & that's the bottom line!If it was many other retailers I would take a chance but with QVC will it leave on the Monday & be in my hands by the Friday(latest)?I may be 'cutting off nose to spite face' but IMO they have made a B**** up my cash is going elsewhere.

You might find a Black Friday* deal that's great value, available for delivery to suit you and exactly the products you want. :mysmilie_59:

The selling frenzy of a TSV loses it's power when the customer has time to shop around/come to their senses and cancel. QVC will know this so then there's the danger they will over sell, like an airline selling more tickets than seats expecting a couple of cancellations. If the delivery date for the advanced orders moves later in the day I'd suspect this will be to resell a percentage of expected cancelled sales for the 11th Dec. delivery

*BF is on the 24th Nov this year QVC in case you're reading, it involves crazily good deals not just a rehash of decades old last clicks :taphead:

qvc take the money from your account check to see if that happens to you . when you phone them up they will tell you they don't have it,its in a holding account. that means your money is taken and kept in this instance for nearly a month plus despatch time. qvc are really putting themslves on the spot as people will cancel when the novelty wears off

I'm not sure QVC can use the money in holding, but the buyer certainly can't and it might push an account into unexpected overdraft. We had a forumite in banking explain it a couple of years ago - I may have remembered it incorrectly so don't rely on this. (mind you I worry about folk who post on facebook that they ordered an item but the money came out too early or in one lump rather than easy pays which pushed them over their limit...these buyers need to stop ordering stuff until they can afford it (an old fashioned concept I know!)

they can't use the money in holding but you can't either its a bit of a con and they should be honest an say its coming out

they can't use the money in holding but you can't either its a bit of a con and they should be honest an say its coming out

Totally agree. It is disingenuous, to be kind to QVC. I wonder where that behaviour stands with distance selling law... Not that they do it, but that they don't disclose it.

I'm going though my beauty stash today, better than trying to talk myself out of this... I know I've got pots and pots of hydrafloral, and I can't get through it fast enough...

They have a lot of serious bargains in a ton of other kits, unbelievably good value for hydrotenseur, and some of the balms.

well it will be interesting to see all the complaints on Facebook when they find money coming out and having to wait for over a month for the tsv. some may not be using easy pays either

I have ordered it but may have chance of heart before the despatch date, I did with the September elemis tsv, I ordered it on advanced orders and then they changed the despatch date without letting me know of course, but they told me when I queried this, but then I cancelled it well before the later despatch date, serves them right for not sticking to the original delivery date. I think they should have changed the tsv date and put something else on today, I can't be that hard to change Tsvs surely

I was going to get it but am glad I opted for the Elemis as I needed some for the beginning of December.

the fact its not even ready for a month is very odd but they just want to sell it so will try and make it look like its business as usual. which it isn't its inconvienient

the fact its not even ready for a month is very odd but they just want to sell it so will try and make it look like its business as usual. which it isn't its inconvienient

It looks like their planners have slipped up badly here. Decleor Christmas kits do sell like hot cakes, and I often speak to the girls on counter. Each year they are ordering more kits earlier... Better to have to sell for less after Christmas than turn customers away before. Silly QVC.

I suppose Q don't care as they will still sell a few sets but I doubt they would have let this happen had it been an elemis one with over 100,000 to shift, but it will still make some hardy customers lose a bit more faith in them

The supposed dispatch date is the 11th December which is just 13 days before the last delivery day before Christmas. The system and the courier company will already be chock a block with every other brand/item/orders that people have ordered from not just Q but other retailers too. Many people leave their online ordering until they get their December salary and also until many retailers start heavily discounting in the run up to Christmas and I can envisage thousands of Decleor sets floating around the Country and thousands of customers chomping at the bit to get them. Total chaos in the making by the sound of it. Add to that the throwing boxes over fences, items going missing, orders left out in the pouring rain and the biggest risk of all which is yet another delay in dispatch.

I am just watching the 11.00 presentation and Jakki Kabler is raving on, even more than AY, about how fantastic it is for us financially that the date is 11 December. So much better than if they sent it now and we had to pay for it now. Well it makes you wonder why they didn't SCHEDULE it for 11 December then, doesn't it? This faux positivity is really pissing me off!

So, decided to have a nose. Guess who actually has the TSV and reviewing on her blog????

http://www.backtoyoubeauty.co.uk/2017/11/decleor-anti-ageing-skincare-secrets.html

It does say at the end of her review PR sample. Which means QVC or perhaps Decleor have the actual TSV and sent it out to Beauty Bloggers but have not stock for their paying customers.

I cannot post on QVC Facebook, but I think that this information should be out there.

The supposed dispatch date is the 11th December which is just 13 days before the last delivery day before Christmas. The system and the courier company will already be chock a block with every other brand/item/orders that people have ordered from not just Q but other retailers too. Many people leave their online ordering until they get their December salary and also until many retailers start heavily discounting in the run up to Christmas and I can envisage thousands of Decleor sets floating around the Country and thousands of customers chomping at the bit to get them. Total chaos in the making by the sound of it. Add to that the throwing boxes over fences, items going missing, orders left out in the pouring rain and the biggest risk of all which is yet another delay in dispatch.

If dispatch is week commencing 11th December I assume day 5 of the 3 to 5 days for delivery will be Monday 18th December. If anyone's TSV does not arrive that day it's going to be a big ask to get it sorted in time for Christmas. I agree it's a disaster waiting to happen.

Decided to use 20% off at M&S, Sparks promotion.

All the bargains would have duplicated items I already have at least one of. Yes, the TSV has the new Iris, but I simply cannot convince myself it would be justified as I have over 200 ml of hydrafloral in different versions and configurations, and over 100 ml of various aromessences. Thank goodness they keerp well...

At least my M&S beauty purchases included gifts and products to diminish scarring, which I didn't have in stock.

I can't help being cynical about this new iris oil. Could it actually be better? or could it be a new cheaper 'watered down' shadow of the original, a bit like recent LE products? L'Oreal now own the brand......of course it could be wonderful and amazing....:mysmilie_506:

Latest posts

Back