Peony Flowers TSV 20/09/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peony just posted this on their FB page:

"Did you know we have our next Today's Special Value on QVC UK launching in the early hours of Wednesday 20th September and on air throughout the day? It's such a special, 'wow' piece and is something we have been asked to do for so many years - we are so excited to have finally been able to make this for you! More details to follow over the next few days but here's one very BIG hint... it's UV resistant!"

I'm assuming it's some outdoor arrangement which I would be VERY tempted by...

Maybe it will be a wreath Boffy, that would/could be outdoors. I would be very tempted, although I did get a very realistic wreath at Asda last year for a tenner and just added my own battery lights to it. Looked really good if I do say so myself.

CC

*Sigh* It's not going to be a lovely vase with a bunch of flowers then, which is rather what I was hoping for - still kicking myself for not buying the last TSV! I noticed that my local garden centre has some nice artificial flowers and vases though, so I will probably head down there for a mooch. They have a nice little cafe too!

Let us know P-a-L if that coffee costs more than your average £4.95 QVC postage! :mysmilie_520:

Ooooooooh I do like the look of this - I've got a north-east facing balcony on the 6th floor, opposite the Blackwall Tunnel/an endless building site on which nothing grows, so I've been looking for some decent outdoor fakes. Price will be key though as these look like they will be pretty dear.

Ooooooooh I do like the look of this - I've got a north-east facing balcony on the 6th floor, opposite the Blackwall Tunnel/an endless building site on which nothing grows, so I've been looking for some decent outdoor fakes. Price will be key though as these look like they will be pretty dear.

I doubt I'll be buying as I have no requirement but I know someone who might be interested. Although I've got a few small peony items, I have never had or seen a larger plant so I was wondering if you (or anyone else) has any experience of their realistic-ness. My Peony minis are mainly very good (and in very nice containers) but one in particular has fraying petals and the stems of my taller "loose" roses seem to have become more plastic-looking with time, particularly where the leaves are attached. It's the latter issue which I would worry about with these ferns and any plain greenery. Can you speak for this type of Peony item?

I doubt I'll be buying as I have no requirement but I know someone who might be interested. Although I've got a few small peony items, I have never had or seen a larger plant so I was wondering if you (or anyone else) has any experience of their realistic-ness. My Peony minis are mainly very good (and in very nice containers) but one in particular has fraying petals and the stems of my taller "loose" roses seem to have become more plastic-looking with time, particularly where the leaves are attached. It's the latter issue which I would worry about with these ferns and any plain greenery. Can you speak for this type of Peony item?

That's a very good point, AndiK - I have a couple of the larger orchid displays from Peony but they're less than a year old so actually have no idea what the greenery displays look like and how well they 'age', so I would also be very interested to hear other's experience.

I have one of the small phalaeonopsis orchids in the round glass bowl. Must have had this over 3 years and have noticed one of the leaves is slightly fraying.

I can't watch peony shows, I just end up fixated on the way Julie Bates says ''flaaaaaas''

for a prim and proper lady, she cannot say the name of the thing she has got rich from. It amazes me far more than it ever really should.

I can't watch peony shows, I just end up fixated on the way Julie Bates says ''flaaaaaas''

for a prim and proper lady, she cannot say the name of the thing she has got rich from. It amazes me far more than it ever really should.

The "flaaahs" is so weird, especially as she can say "flowers" when she wants to. I don't mind her as a person - easy for me to say, though, as I hardly ever watch more than a few minutes of anything on QVC at a time now.

The "flaaahs" is so weird, especially as she can say "flowers" when she wants to. I don't mind her as a person - easy for me to say, though, as I hardly ever watch more than a few minutes of anything on QVC at a time now.

I did wonder if I was just hearing things, glad to know other people also have heard her (fail to) say it.

Hmmm, not for me. It would look lovely in the right setting but I can't see it working in my house. It looks very large so will be costly no doubt, even as a TSV.

CC

Latest posts

Back