Garden Reflections Living Wall TSV 27/08/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Well curiosity got the better of me & have had a look at the 'living wall'.Seriously as someone has already mentioned these 'berries' come off.Claire has just mentioned birds being attracted to them, which they have just dismissed as they are plastic & they might just peck at them.Really is that the case? & what about children? Is this not a safety issue?

Just had a quick look and was surprised to see that man who is so painful to watch (David?) flogging one of those Bernini fountains, he's says "you don't need the sun, you don't need electricity" then proceeds to tell you that you need to charge the battery up and if you can charge your phone up, you can charge this up. When I went to bed last night, did I wake up in a world were you don't need electricity to "charge a battery up"?? :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15: After twenty seconds of hearing three grown men trying to talk over each other, and that ridiculous comment, over the channel goes.

Oh do be sensible Shopper, don't you remember those wind-up radios with integrated (on-board !) torch a few years back ? You would never need to be without Radio 1 anywhere in the world. Surely the Bernini fountain has a large wheel sticking out of the backside and you just sit there in your QVC recliner, turning the wheel and watching the water flow.

Well curiosity got the better of me & have had a look at the 'living wall'.Seriously as someone has already mentioned these 'berries' come off.Claire has just mentioned birds being attracted to them, which they have just dismissed as they are plastic & they might just peck at them.Really is that the case? & what about children? Is this not a safety issue?

I thought exactly the same when I saw it last night. I am looking for something to cover the fence between myself and my neighbour - I have the wrong side and its unsightly. I thought it looked cheap anyway but the minute they said that the berries could come off I thought of my 3 year old grandson and thought no way. If anyone has any suggestions to cover an unsightly fence, I would be grateful to hear them.

Claire just mentioned the berries are removable so you must be careful with children. Wow I'm really surprised they are selling these. You cannot be behind children all the time especially when they should be safe in the garden. As you say, what about the birds. Wheres the gnome when you need him. Gone into hiding ?

People must be short of something to buy because I wouldn`t give this stuff wall room either inside or out. Imagine the dust and spiders inside, not to mention finding plastic berries on your floor or in your hoover and outside it`s a danger to kids and birds plus I daresay it would fade in the Sun, became rain or frost damaged and look shabby in no time.

Oh dear what is there to say, I bet this doesn't sell out too quickly. Personally, I can't think that anyone would want this pile of awful plastic - they can dress it up physically and verbally as much as they like, it certainly won't find its way to my garden or home - so awful.

Oh dear what is there to say, I bet this doesn't sell out too quickly. Personally, I can't think that anyone would want this pile of awful plastic - they can dress it up physically and verbally as much as they like, it certainly won't find its way to my garden or home - so awful.

I thought exactly the same when I saw it last night. I am looking for something to cover the fence between myself and my neighbour - I have the wrong side and its unsightly. I thought it looked cheap anyway but the minute they said that the berries could come off I thought of my 3 year old grandson and thought no way. If anyone has any suggestions to cover an unsightly fence, I would be grateful to hear them.

Have you thought about putting up some trellis over the existing fence panels? Something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DN66OYE/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Alternatively, there's this type of screening available (either natural or synthetic):

https://www.ukgardensupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Section_1.html

https://www.primrose.co.uk/40m-10m-...ng-papillon-p-23903.html?cPath=318_2315_12370

Then you could always add a string or two of solar fairy lights (or a lantern attached to the fence posts, perhaps?) to add some interest :happy:

:flower:

Takes me back to ex mother in law and ex brother in law. Brother in law had just bought his first house with his girlfriend, they both went out to work one day and came home to find the mother in law had painted their garden wall white and put loads of hanging baskets up which she had filled with plastic plants.�������� brother in law and his girlfriend were not happy I can tell you but they didn't dare tell the batty ex mother in law

Takes me back to ex mother in law and ex brother in law. Brother in law had just bought his first house with his girlfriend, they both went out to work one day and came home to find the mother in law had painted their garden wall white and put loads of hanging baskets up which she had filled with plastic plants.�������� brother in law and his girlfriend were not happy I can tell you but they didn't dare tell the batty ex mother in law

:mysmilie_51:plastic plants in hanging baskets wow

Have you thought about putting up some trellis over the existing fence panels? Something like this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00DN66OYE/?tag=shoppingcom03-21

Alternatively, there's this type of screening available (either natural or synthetic):

https://www.ukgardensupplies.co.uk/acatalog/Section_1.html

https://www.primrose.co.uk/40m-10m-...ng-papillon-p-23903.html?cPath=318_2315_12370

Then you could always add a string or two of solar fairy lights (or a lantern attached to the fence posts, perhaps?) to add some interest :happy:

:flower:

I've done this with a willow screen secured with cable ties the same colour, it looks fab.

:mysmilie_51:plastic plants in hanging baskets wow
We couldn't decide which was worse, painting the brick wall white or the hanging baskets full of plastic plants...and I mean plastic not fabric plant. It was terrible

So let's really help our declining wildlife and put loads of plastic tat outside!

I can't understand the trend for 'stuff' in the garden - what's wrong with nature?

I do like some faux plants, but for indoors, this reminds me of plastic flowers from the 1960s

i would not have a clue how to fix it so it would look good. its one thing seeing it all done on the TV another thing getting it to hang safely and look ok

They should only show displays showing one set of the product. Some of these displays are using more than one set.

Latest posts

Back