Skechers Footwear TSV 23/09/17

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Skechers On the GO City 2 Suede Mid Calf Boot with Faux Fur Lining
Item Number: 165808
QVC Price £73.00
Todays Special Value Price £53.96
P&P £5.95

These Skechers On The GO City 2 mid-calf boots have been designed with innovative performance technologies and feature a soft suede upper with faux fur winter lining, plus the Skechers Goga Mat insole and 5 Gen technology that works to provide extra cushioning and added support. Step out in style, whatever the weather, in these cosy winter boots, available in seven versatile colours.

Two looks in one - these stylish calf-length boots can be worn pulled up or you can fold them down to show off the soft, faux fur lining, giving you cosy ankle boots to tuck your skinny jeans into.

Take your pick - choose from seven easy-to-wear shades that are perfect for autumn/winter, including classic Black, Chestnut or Chocolate and the more colourful Burgundy or Mauve.

Get the right size for you - the fit of these boots is quite generous so we'd suggest that you buy a half size down from your standard shoe size, but the size 8 should be a true fit.

Tapered midfoot design works to improve arch support
Goga Mat insole
Stitched seam accents
Round toe
Outer: leather; inner: textile; sole: manmade
Height - full length: 20.3cm (8"); folded down: 12.7cm (5")
Width at top: 10.2cm (4"); circumference: 30.5cm (12")

Colour options:

Black
Chocolate
Navy
Burgundy
Mauve
Chestnut
Taupe

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.165808

TSV presentation shambles

Skechers. When should a guest's info be "I think?" Never in my book. Water resistant , she thinks shower proof, Q didn't know either. Sizing pretty roomy, she thinks go down a half size. I want fact with my purchases. Then Miceal read from the wrong card. 2 mins in I switched off. It's also time Q got rid of Amanda Holden on their web homepage, she's a switch off too.

Skechers. When should a guest's info be "I think?" Never in my book. Water resistant , she thinks shower proof, Q didn't know either. Sizing pretty roomy, she thinks go down a half size. I want fact with my purchases. Then Miceal read from the wrong card. 2 mins in I switched off. It's also time Q got rid of Amanda Holden on their web homepage, she's a switch off too.

Their standard response of "Phone Customer Services for information" will be forthcoming if you complain about the lack of detail on the presentation. I can't believe they don't actually have the foresight to do a bit of homework prior to going on air. Surely it's their job(s) as brand reps/presenters to impart information to enable customers to make a decision? No wonder people are getting the letter if they're using the 30 day MBG because they don't know which size to order.

the problem is with these boots its £6 postage costs and we all now qvc take an age to receive anything. how long would it take to buy two return one

I don't get why you need to go down half a size, for people wanting to buy them if they're a size 3.5 why can't they purchase a 3.5 and it fits, or if they're a 4 why won't a 4 fit, why go down to 3.5, in other words why can't the size they state be the actual size it is?............confused?...........you will be. :mysmilie_13:

Their standard response of "Phone Customer Services for information" will be forthcoming if you complain about the lack of detail on the presentation. I can't believe they don't actually have the foresight to do a bit of homework prior to going on air. Surely it's their job(s) as brand reps/presenters to impart information to enable customers to make a decision? No wonder people are getting the letter if they're using the 30 day MBG because they don't know which size to order.

This is one of my annoyances (I have many) regarding QVC. Lack of information on presentations. I don't understand why the presenters just come on air without doing any homework. I guess they are too busy primping themselves and curling their hair (real or otherwise) to have time to do any research.

It is pure laziness and a lack of professionalism when they tell the customer to find out the details for themselves. That is their job.

The WHOLE POINT of selly telly is to give you lots of info about products, especially compared with their predecessor the home shopping catalogues.

TV is the ideal medium for demonstrations and information.

In the olden days (when I actually watched QVC) they used to do this.

I am amazed that QVC keep going, what with the lack of information and all the other problems regularly mentioned on this forum.

The WHOLE POINT of selly telly is to give you lots of info about products, especially compared with their predecessor the home shopping catalogues.

TV is the ideal medium for demonstrations and information.

In the olden days (when I actually watched QVC) they used to do this.

I am amazed that QVC keep going, what with the lack of information and all the other problems regularly mentioned on this forum.

I remember the old days, too.

Seems today that if any info is given it's totally inaccurate or even a downright lie. As for the reason they keep going, I think has a lot to do with that other new-fangled modern condition - laziness. It's quite shocking how many reviews I read that state "left too late" or "couldn't be bothered" to return.

If more people returned shoddy goods that have been poorly presented, maybe Q would have to have words with presenters that don't do their jobs properly or allow crap goods to get through their self-proclaimed amazing quality control. Yes, it costs a couple of quid, but so does petrol/fares/parking to get to the DHS.

QVC customers would find out more about what they wanted to buy if they just put a picture of the item with the description written next to it, with lift music playing in the background or even just run infomercials though the day, you don't need presenters because they say a whole lot of nothing anyway. Maybe then they could reduce the price or postage because the overheads would be dramatically reduced.........ok I know, I pushed that a bit too far then. :mysmilie_17:

It makes me laugh when they try to present some piece of junk and the presenter will say "Oh, it has 17 five-star reviews, wow!" When you go to look, yes, it does indeed but they completely fail to mention the 200 one-star reviews and the fact it has an average score of 1.7 out of 5! I don't know how they've got the gall sometimes.

A number of brand ambassadors who have replaced brand-employed BAs have done a good job of getting to know the brand. Beefi-Keith who now does Vionics is a good example.

Vonda represents a few different brands, but to turn up ill-prepared for a TSV is inexcusable: on a TSV day you know if you are representing the brand there will be numerous shows throughout the day during which your ignorance of the necessary facts will be ruthlessly exposed to hundreds of people.

Not good enough for QVC to have neither guest nor presenter up to the mark, when a poor job could result in thousands of returns and complaints....

Maybe, rather than measuring success on sales they'd do better to measure on returns?!?! Perhaps preparing properly for shows would be back on the agenda? Is certainly needs to be!

Accordingly the Skechers TSV has been made only for QVC- is that QVC Japan, where feet are a lot smaller ????? so we have to downsize ? Would it have been so hard during manufacture, to stamp the 5.5 with a 6 and so on ? instead of the UK audience having to work it out for themselves.

I'm beginning to think that anyone who can speak English is now dragged in front of the camera to play at being a 'guest presenter', because they sure as hell don't know a thing about the products in front of them. Even regular guests utter "and what colour are we calling this ?". Most with half a brain can stroke a garment on the hangar and say it stretches / attention to detail / feel the softness / etc etc, but you know they've lost the plot when a colour is queried and they look like rabbits caught in the headlights. Dear God.

(PS, and suddenly Claire has gone ginger ??)

What really got me was the information on Q website for TSV
Quote: "Get the right size for you - the fit of these boots is quite generous so we'd suggest that you buy a half size down from your standard shoe size, but the size 8 should be a true fit. "

Now what is special about a size 8? :mysmilie_1:

What really got me was the information on Q website for TSV
Quote: "Get the right size for you - the fit of these boots is quite generous so we'd suggest that you buy a half size down from your standard shoe size, but the size 8 should be a true fit. "

Now what is special about a size 8? :mysmilie_1:

No 7.5................
Call me cynical.........

I liked the look of this, and had a pair in my basket until the question about being waterproof... and the... I think they're showerproof... answer. That's not good enough!! For boots sold as being comfortable for long walks that's rubbish... £60 including postage, and 'possibly showerproof'??
So I had a look at TKMaxx, and ordered 2 pairs of fab boots, one of them suede with real sheepskin... rrp £200+... cost me less than one TSV!!
Must do better QVC

Skechers are well known for a wider fit in most styles. If you go to their shops the assistants nearly always bring out the half-size below as well as the size you request.

My feet swell a lot so I tend to stay with my true size, but in colder weather they are very loose unless I wear socks.

I once purchased a pair of Sketchers 'go walk' from Debenhams, and wore them around the house to make sure I found them comfy. However, whilst wearing them I found they made the underneath of my foot tingle. I took them back for a refund and the tingling took quite a while to settle down. It was all very strange and has put me off buying Sketchers.

Latest posts

Back